Hello, I must be going …E320 to CLS500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 02:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Thumbs up Hello, I must be going …E320 to CLS500

They made me an offer I couldn’t refuse! MBUSA bought back the E320 making a very generous offer which allowed me to rollover into a 36 month/45000 mile CLS500 lease (single pay MBC) at absolutely no out of pocket cost.

BTW if you are serious about buying or leasing in AZ or a neighboring state and willing to drive a bit for the absolute best deal PM your email address.

Last edited by konigstiger; 03-09-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build date 2-04 E500
Congratulations...... and its about time.

I know you've been wanting to make the jump (up) to the CLS for quite a while and I'm very happy for you. Its a beautiful car. Hope you'll still be visiting in us in the future with all of those great updates and TSB's. Enjoy the new ride.... I'm jelious.

More pic's when you have time.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Confused.. why did they buy it back? and didn't it get wrecked recently?

but eitherway, congrats.. enjoy it.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by konigstiger
They made me an offer I couldn’t refuse! MBUSA bought back the E320 making a very generous offer which allowed me to rollover into a 36 month/45000 mile CLS500 lease (single pay MBC) at absolutely no out of pocket cost.

BTW if you are serious about buying or leasing in AZ or a neighboring state and willing to drive a bit for the absolute best deal PM your email address.
Hello,
I am from Los Angeles. Planning to get the CLS 500. Would you please send me some info:
Dealer's and sales agent's names, how much above invoice or below MSRP, was there any problem with getting Arizona car for someone from California?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Can

My email cannga@pacbell.net
Old 10-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by cannga
Planning to get the CLS 500
Check your email
Old 10-16-2005, 12:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by CE750
Confused.. why did they buy it back? and didn't it get wrecked recently?
Sam, you’re right my car was recently involved in an accident and was repaired. The buyback was approved before the accident. MBUSA allowed me to hold the E until my CLS (factory ordered) was delivered with no restrictions. I thought they would reduce the offer after I told them of the accident but they didn’t. MB & MBUSA are just fine in my book . BTW, they agreed to the buyback because I complained about fake leather :p
Old 10-16-2005, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
. BTW, they agreed to the buyback because I complained about fake leather :p

L.O.L.....
Old 10-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
Congratulations...... and its about time. I know you've been wanting to make the jump (up) to the CLS for quite a while and I'm very happy for you. Its a beautiful car. Hope you'll still be visiting in us in the future with all of those great updates and TSB's. Enjoy the new ride.... I'm jelious. More pic's when you have time.
Thanks Vince. The hold up was with ISG who brokered the buyback for MBUSA. I just hope I’m allowed to drive it as much as I was the E. As you may remember the E was my wife's Valentine’s Day gift, now the CLS her birthday.

No need to be jealous of the CLS, now the Bentley…

Still visiting, but of course! IMO the W211 forum is by far the most knowledgeable and helpful of all. BTW, unofficially word on the street is that the ability to scan presets from the steering wheel will be back in ’07. As far as retrofitting ’03 through ’06, well I got the ambient footwell lighting retrofitted didn’t I? https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...twell+lighting
Old 10-16-2005, 02:46 AM

2003 E320
"fake leather" ?

Dan, can you please be more specific on this? I thought you had full leather as an option. (?)
Old 10-16-2005, 09:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E500 4matic, 2014 GL320, 2013 C300, 2015 Stingray
Oh Oh....

Where's Sam
Old 10-16-2005, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sam, you’re right my car was recently involved in an accident and was repaired. The buyback was approved before the accident. MBUSA allowed me to hold the E until my CLS (factory ordered) was delivered with no restrictions. I thought they would reduce the offer after I told them of the accident but they didn’t. MB & MBUSA are just fine in my book . BTW, they agreed to the buyback because I complained about fake leather :p
that would be a good if it were true! So really why did they? can you tell?
Old 10-16-2005, 01:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by CaptMike
"fake leather" ? I thought you had full leather as an option.
BTW, they agreed to the buyback because I complained about fake leather :p
That comment was jokingly meant for Sam…
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...90#post1295590

I did have full leather in the 320.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
that would be a good if it were true! So really why did they? can you tell?
An accumulation of things, none life threatening, however if continued to be addressed by service would have actually wound up costing them substantially more than the buyback offer. Off the record, I’m told the majority of these cars are shipped to CA for auction where Middle Eastern gentlemen purchase, somehow wash the history, and resell in their country for an enormous profit.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:55 AM

2003 E320
Dan, I'm really confused now....

MBUSA bought back your E320, which had full leather? (where's the "fake" part)

Why was the E320 bought back and replaced with the CLS...or did I miss a car in between somewhere?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dan, I'm really confused now....

MBUSA bought back your E320, which had full leather? (where's the "fake" part)

Why was the E320 bought back and replaced with the CLS...or did I miss a car in between somewhere?
Me too.. (though not about the leather).

It's odd as the whole time I saw you on this board (I'm pretty new, even if my post count doesn't make me seem), you never once mentioned one issue on your E.. No wonder you are pleased with MBUSA... they are taking back a car and letting you get into a new car at (I assume) minimum loss to you?

Why the CLS may I ask? Styling? or just didn't trust the E any more?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Mike, are you sure you’re a Captain? Anyway, we both know I had full leather in the E. The fake leather thing came up in an attempt to rattle Sam (CE750) a bit. Nothing more, nothing less. And the E was not simply swapped for the CLS it was my decision to rollover the funds given by ISG/MBUSA into a CLS lease.

Simply “I” choose not to disclose exactly why the E was bought back other than to say it was at the dealership every other month – TSB, recall, revision, upgrade, minor repair, etc. Once again, it was nothing that would assist anyone here, nothing that hasn’t already been discussed by others, nothing that would save a life, or what have you - otherwise I would have posted it.

The CLS, what can I say? When a vehicle is bought back by MBUSA it is almost always gets brokered through ISG a third party entity. MBUSA sets the amount, ISG cuts the check. The car moves on to auction. I weighed my options as to the amount I was getting. First - I was not going to take a penny out of my pocket; second - this time around it was going to be a lease; third - I wanted to stay with MBUSA; fourth - my wife I both wanted a new look (i.e.: an E in a new skin) and BELIEVE OR NOT SAMMY liked the look and most especially the quality of the interior. I know I’m inviting a lot with this, but mark my words you’re going to see a lot of E owners moving into the CLS – well except those Brad Garret (Everybody Loves Raymond) types.

It's odd as the whole time I saw you on this board (I'm pretty new, even if my post count doesn't make me seem), you never once mentioned one issue on your E.. No wonder you are pleased with MBUSA...
Indeed you’re pretty new. Now if you were around in the day when the w211 was first introduced you wouldn’t be asking this question. ‘04, ‘05, ’06 cleared up a lot of issues but before then, us old timers (forum wise) had sore fingers and were glued to the keyboard and glow of the monitor.

For what it’s worth, my strategy has always been if you have a problem, work it out with service. Most especially get to know your shop foreman and the service director. GM, neither here or there. Educate yourself as much as possible in how best to resolve the issue then take your findings to the forum. If you can’t resolve it locally bring it the MBUSA people that matter in a way that does not jeopardize your relationship with the dealer. Without patting myself on the back I’ve helped a good number of people behind the scenes (straight back to Montvale when necessary). Rather than ramble on, you will then resolve matters and make a positive contribution to the forum.

Isn't that right MBJIM?

Look at me, now I’m rambling… Tired now, gotta go.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Konig glad it all worked out for you, sincerely I am... but rest assured I did a lot to get MBUSA's attention in the most tactful manner possible regarding the misinformation on the MB-TEX... They went as far as change their website due to my point being made in such a logical way.. but alas they and the dealer have done nothing for me.. How hard would it be to get a rear seat with leather surface? Even if they have to install a full leather seat to make me 100% satisfied with my purchase..

I am still working this issue, and DON'T want to part with my CDI in the form of a buyback. I just want what I paid for at the time of the sale... leather seating surfaces..

Wow... sitting here at the Starbucks at Kierland and all of a sudden it's raining sideways there is lightning and thunder! I haven't seen rain this hard in the valley in a while!
Old 10-17-2005, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500

Simply “I” choose not to disclose exactly why the E was bought back other than to say it was at the dealership every other month – TSB, recall, revision, upgrade, minor repair, etc. Once again, it was nothing that would assist anyone here, nothing that hasn’t already been discussed by others, nothing that would save a life, or what have you - otherwise I would have posted it.

The CLS, what can I say?..... my wife I both wanted a new look (i.e.: an E in a new skin) and BELIEVE OR NOT SAMMY liked the look and most especially the quality of the interior. I know I’m inviting a lot with this, but mark my words you’re going to see a lot of E owners moving into the CLS – well except those Brad Garret (Everybody Loves Raymond) types.

Indeed you’re pretty new. Now if you were around in the day when the w211 was first introduced you wouldn’t be asking this question. ‘04, ‘05, ’06 cleared up a lot of issues but before then, us old timers (forum wise) had sore fingers and were glued to the keyboard and glow of the monitor.

For what it’s worth, my strategy has always been if you have a problem, work it out with service. Most especially get to know your shop foreman and the service director. GM, neither here or there. Educate yourself as much as possible in how best to resolve the issue then take your findings to the forum. If you can’t resolve it locally bring it the MBUSA people that matter in a way that does not jeopardize your relationship with the dealer. Without patting myself on the back I’ve helped a good number of people behind the scenes (straight back to Montvale when necessary). Rather than ramble on, you will then resolve matters and make a positive contribution to the forum.

Isn't that right MBJIM?

Look at me, now I’m rambling… Tired now, gotta go.

This is only one of the reasons why I like you so much... Your the man...
Old 10-17-2005, 08:41 PM

06 C 350 2014 GLK350
Quote: Isn't that right MBJIM?

You are so right. When I had an unresolved problem on my CDI I wrote a very objective letter outlining the situation and a little over a week later I had a call from my dealer's GM saying they were going to replace my car.
I had presented everything in a positive manner with no blaming anyone.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:05 AM

2003 E320
Mike, are you sure you’re a Captain?

Yes Danny Boy, I'm sure.

From the sound of your frequent shop visits it seems that a buy back was your goal a long, long time ago.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Yes Danny Boy, I'm sure.
Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling…
Old 10-18-2005, 12:40 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 196 Likes on 139 Posts
Congrtas to you KT!!

The new silver CLS looks very, very nice.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:20 PM
BWL

Congatulations on your new acquisition! I still hope you will occasionally visit the W211 forum. You have always done a good job of bringing relevant information to this forum.