E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Ok, I called 2 dealers about adding the Bi-xeons..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its big and Grey!
Ok, I called 2 dealers about adding the Bi-xeons..

R&H and Euro motorcars, both of them said it was not possible to add the HID's after the fact. They both said the harness will need to be changed. Does Steves kit include this?

It seems like the dealer dosent even want my money?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 2manytoys
R&H and Euro motorcars, both of them said it was not possible to add the HID's after the fact. They both said the harness will need to be changed. Does Steves kit include this?

I think the dealer just doesn't want to get involved in changing the car from the factory delivery. Escondido Mercedes told me the same thing.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL

The Xeons are a DIRECT fit...No wire harness changes are required
Also one MUST Version code the car to XEON PRESENT via the mercedes star

Most dealers are CLUELESS re Mods like adding Xeons...Comands etc
This is where MBENZNL RULES!

also MOST MB Dealer techs have a hard time just reading fault codes out of a star..let alone do anything else with it...

Have Steve do the Job...Then show the Dealer..ahhhh What harness did you say needed replacement...lol
Old 12-07-2005, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
OMG, Euro motorcars of bethesda just called. Talked to a guy named Chris, he said it would cost $7500 to install them.

I was like OMG, you must be joking? lol

I sent a email to Steve early this morning, before I called the dealers, I just wanted to see what they were gonna say. hahahhahahahahah
Old 12-07-2005, 04:37 PM

2011 E350 4 Matic,1994 C220,1965 Mustang, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600
It can absolutely be done but you would be hard pressed to find a dealer willing to get involved. If something goes wrong regardless of what you tell the customer regarding warranty or lack thereof they will expect you to take care of the problem.
Just not worth the potential hassle for the profit involved.
I do know there are "plug & play" units available thru a few aftermarket suppliers which I have seen installed.
Just my .02
Old 12-07-2005, 04:43 PM

2011 E350 4 Matic,1994 C220,1965 Mustang, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600
Most dealers are CLUELESS re Mods like adding Xeons...Comands etc
This is where MBENZNL RULES!

also MOST MB Dealer techs have a hard time just reading fault codes out of a star..let alone do anything else with it...

Have Steve do the Job...Then show the Dealer..ahhhh What harness did you say needed replacement...lol[/QUOTE]

That is so true...I have showed a lot of posts on this forum to our more senior techs here at the dealer and they always seem impressed with the knowledge available here. I have had all kinds of things "tested" on my car to verify. Its not that they do not want to know about the mods, it's just that they are so involved with all the technical BS to fix all the little gremlins that we all know are inherent in our otherwise fine cars that they don't have the luxury of researching the mods.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Glauser Mercedes Benz in Westminster Colorado retrofitted my Bi-Xenon lights for $200 labor, I supplied the headlights that I purchased from performanceproducts.com.

The same tech at the same dealer also retrofitted my electric rear window shade. I guess that I have good reason to like my dealer; they do everything I ask of them and then some. They are great!

See, not all MB dealers are bad,

Steve
Old 12-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
OMG, Euro motorcars of bethesda just called. Talked to a guy named Chris, he said it would cost $7500 to install them.
Refitting lights only OR refitting lights, new bumper and paint, new OEM lights and bulbs, installing headlight washer, version coding, headlight leveling, etc. You have got to be more specific on this quote.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Refitting lights only OR refitting lights, new bumper and paint, new OEM lights and bulbs, installing headlight washer, version coding, headlight leveling, etc. You have got to be more specific on this quote.
no, it was just the lights, not the bumper and everything. haha
Old 12-08-2005, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
no, it was just the lights, not the bumper and everything. haha
Friend, try to understand.. the DEALERS ARE STUPID.

They are quoting you the price of installing the autolevel sensors on the rear axles and the wiring involved in this.. YOU DO NOT NEED THIS DONE!

I had mine installed at my local dealer (as I have a good relationship with my advisor) for free! (they would have charged 2.5hrs) had they not owed me a favor.

Needless to say.. get the lights from Steve and have a "Body shop" do the work.. its "Plug-N-Play" but you need to have the Star Computer to reprogram the onboard computer to "Xenon = Present"

Call around and talk to the service advisors directly, show them these threads, and tell them you'll be happy to pay for the entire cost if it fails, but to follow these instructions specifically.