E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Hello All, some newbie questions about the E500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All, some newbie questions about the E500

Hello All,

My dad is buying a new car..and for the past 10 years I have been choosing them for him

In 1992 it was a new Infiniti J30t (beautiful car, way ahead of its time)

When that lease was over, it was a 96 BMW 5 series...

Then for 99 I thought a Lexus RX300 would be nice, and now the lease on the lexus will be ending come december.

My dad told me to choose a car for him, something really nice, so I was quick to choose the MB CL500.

We went to the dealer, and priced everything out..they were going to order us a fully loaded CL500 in White with Javva interior...it came up to about $141 000 canadian 141,000.00 CAD
Canada Dollars = 88,958.80 USD United States Dollars.

Keep in mind that the MSRP for a stock CL500 is $132 000 132,000.00 CAD Canada Dollars = 83,280.61 USD United States Dollars (base u.s. CL500 is $90,750 u.s. so its cheaper in canada)

ANYWAYS, we went to the dealer, priced it out and that night i started doubting if my father is in a financial state to afford the car, and I started thinking it might not be wise for my dad to get it at this time..

I then saw a couple pics of the e-class and did some light research..WOW sounds like a great car. I also got some advice from Beltfed which is on these boards, and also on the Acura CL boards which I am on.. he was kind enough to share his knowledge, and his expertise with Mercedes in geneeral and the new E class, as well as his honest opinion. Well, if its good enough for Beltfed, after his response about the E500, I was sold.

That is my story

Now, this is what I was thinking

White E500,
All the options
with the German A.M.G. skirts
and these rims
http://www.superbuytires.com/wheels_....G.&model=SL+1
what do u guys think? would those rims fit??

I would love bigger rims, although I wouldnt want my dad to bend anything..so I think we should stick with 18".

We are in Toronto, so we will be going to the dealership at Yonge and Steeles, anyone have any complaints from there?

Doees anybody have pics of a WHITE E500?
Also, I think I saw pics somewhere of the rear seats, and that they fold down...anybody have that pic?

Do you guys think if we ordered our car now, would it be here for mid january 2003?

Thanks guys,
btw, i get really involved in these boards..as with my own car www.acura-cl.com so expect to hear lots from me

You guys have a great board here!

Amir

Last edited by amirsafdari; 07-28-2002 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2002, 12:08 PM

ohhhh does anyone have pics of the panoramic roof???

Also, those with distronic, is it worth it? can u use it in traffic and just rest your foot the whole time?

Thanks
Amir

btw, heres some pics of my car, my baby
one day its gonna be the OTHER CL

Old 07-28-2002, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Well let me be the first to welcome you Originally i wanted a white E 500 also, but after a while i figured why not get a metallic color? Its no extra charge anyways. As for the options, I think the most appealing are the Pano Roof, the Sport Package, and probably the COMAND. Too bad the E wont have an AMG body kit option but after studying the pics of the standard, AMG(aftermarket), and the Sport package, i found out that the Sport package comes with the side skirts found on the AMG body kit. I guess you only have to spend money to buy the front and rear AMG bumpers.

As for ordering, well since its a mass production vehicle, im sure the wait wont be more than a few months. My cousin just asked his dealer in Oregon and got a spot for delivery in October. BTW those SL rims are way too old for the E, I plan on getting a set of HRE's but if you want AMG rims, i like the 2 piece CL style rims.

You can check out a lot of pics at this German W211 site W211
Old 07-28-2002, 02:32 PM

2000 CLK430 Coupe
amirsafdari,
Welcome to our forum. This is the place that I have gotten almost all of my information, as MB in the U.S. has been so slow in getting specific information out about the new E. I think the new E would be an excellent choice for your father. Here is another link that has many pictures and there is even some pics of a white E500 being prepared for delivery. http://www.fan-gallerie.de
Old 07-28-2002, 04:26 PM

thanks for the warm welcome guys

those sites are great...i just finished looking at alll the pics, wow the panoramic roof looks really cool..

heres a white E500 too thanks

i think white is going to be a really nice color, and its gona be rare too maybe...
Old 07-28-2002, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yea bro, welcome to Mbworld.org

just curios were you from amir?

-Musfather
Old 07-28-2002, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by MusFather
Yea bro, welcome to Mbworld.org

just curios were you from amir?

-Musfather
Toronto....if u dont mean that, then i am persian.

how about u?
Old 07-28-2002, 05:58 PM

14 'E550
Hey Amir.....I tried getting back to you, but the board went down. Anyway, the E500 does indeed look awesome in white. Here is a couple photos of the folding seats.....

Old 07-28-2002, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by amirsafdari

Toronto....if u dont mean that, then i am persian.

how about u?

ooooooo excellent man, dude my cousins name is Amer, so i thought you would be from somewhere around there

Im from Pakistan originally, but now i love in good ol AMERICA

-Msufather