E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Factory HELLA HID replacement system from eBay. Any recommendations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory HELLA HID replacement system from eBay. Any recommendations?

Hi
New to the forums. Recently acquire my E350, but was unable to pick one up with the lighting package. So here I am, in dire need of Xenon lights

Does anyone have experience in swamping out their factory units for a HID system?

Here's the closet thing that I've found.

ebay auction - HID system

Has anyone dealt with this company before?

Looking to install factory xenon lights and LED tail lamps as well. Any feedback or resources is greatly appreciated.

Located in Southern California.

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
subscribing!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Hmmm, there is an Inter Auto Parts store in San Diego and they sell quality stuff, but I'm not quite sure if this is the same company/seller.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:38 PM

If somone can point me to the correct PDF, I'll be more than happy to do a complete DIY write up.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:40 PM

We can probably use the instructions that came from the AMG bodykit.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E500 4matic, 2014 GL320, 2013 C300, 2015 Stingray
Hella lights...

I just had OEM MB xenon's installed and i had looked at them prior to hooking up w/ these. I did look at the balasts under the lights and they had hella all over them.

FYI.

Aceman
Old 02-02-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'07 s550 4matic
those dont look like the OEM parts. If you are patient, you can find people selling used OEM xenons on ebay. I was lucky enough to find a seller that was selling brand new OEMs from an E55 for around $700. I had the dealer swap them in and they work flawlessly. There is some setting they have to set with the DAS computer, but thats it.

You can also check out carpartswholesale.com. I was able to talk them into giving me both sides for the same price (on the site they are listed with different prices). Never ended up buying from them since I found the ebay deal, but they are a good company. Not sure if what they are selling is OEM though.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Yes, they are the OEM one. For car with OEM xenon that need replacement, this is what you get (I regconize the pad, having bought two pairs so far). Mercedes doesn't make headlight for the W211, they subcontract it to Hella. This is 100% OEM parts.

Price seem decent. You will need dealer to program the car to "Xenon exist". And that's all. It should be either free or 1/2 hour job (for programming).

For installing the light, you can DIY or have anyshop to do it.

Originally Posted by kansansiao
Hi
New to the forums. Recently acquire my E350, but was unable to pick one up with the lighting package. So here I am, in dire need of Xenon lights

Does anyone have experience in swamping out their factory units for a HID system?

Here's the closet thing that I've found.

ebay auction - HID system

Has anyone dealt with this company before?

Looking to install factory xenon lights and LED tail lamps as well. Any feedback or resources is greatly appreciated.

Located in Southern California.

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by zam2000
Yes, they are the OEM one. For car with OEM xenon that need replacement, this is what you get (I regconize the pad, having bought two pairs so far). Mercedes doesn't make headlight for the W211, they subcontract it to Hella. This is 100% OEM parts.

Price seem decent. You will need dealer to program the car to "Xenon exist". And that's all. It should be either free or 1/2 hour job (for programming).

For installing the light, you can DIY or have anyshop to do it.
Did you happen to purchase these from the same people as well?