Verizon XV6700 <-> Mercedes phone system integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Verizon XV6700 <-> Mercedes phone system integration

Is it possible to integrate the Verizon XV6700 Windows Mobile 5 PDA phone with the Mercedes phone system? Ideally I want to be able to access the approximately 3,000+ contacts on the phone using the car's interface to place outgoing calls. Is this possible? I would prefer to connect with Buetooth but I'd settle for a wired connection.

If the XV6700 will not work, are there any Verizon Windows Mobile PDA phones that fully integrate with the Mercedes phone system including the use of the phone book on the phone?

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2006, 08:52 AM

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts
'07 GL450
Wireless4MB.Com
Old 05-30-2006, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by Miguk_Saram
I don't see any Pocket PC/Smart Phones on that list. I have way too many contacts that need to be synced with Outlook and none of the regular phones on that page will meet my needs.

Is there no PDA/smartphone that works?

I would be open to purchasing any available smartphone that would integrate with the mercedes phone system but I can't go back to using a clamshell phone. That's so 1990s and not viable for syncing a couple of thousand contacts with Outlook.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:04 PM

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts
'07 GL450
I'd suggest heading over to your local dealer and test your bluetooth device with an in-stock vehicle equipped with the phone system and the mercedes Bluetooth component (don't think it needs to be a w211, any MB with the Bluetooth should work).

That's probably the only way you'll know for sure.

GL.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
Is it possible to integrate the Verizon XV6700 Windows Mobile 5 PDA phone with the Mercedes phone system?
pardon for reviving this old thread... Did you ever get something like the Argos system and get the XV6700 working with it? Wondering, 'cus I'm thinking of that phone, and would want to bluetooth enable my MBenzNL'ized COMAND setup in my car if it works.
Thanx much.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
Wait for the XV6800!

Originally Posted by c55m8o
pardon for reviving this old thread... Did you ever get something like the Argos system and get the XV6700 working with it? Wondering, 'cus I'm thinking of that phone, and would want to bluetooth enable my MBenzNL'ized COMAND setup in my car if it works.
Thanx much.
First of all don't buy the XV6700. The XV6800 is on its way and I've been waiting for it for over a year! There is a rumor that the Sprint version of the phone PPC6800 will be released this month and the Verizon version of the phone the XV6800 will be out by the end of July. The XV6800 will have Windows Mobile 6 and either have EVDO Rev A or will be upgradeable to EVDO Rev A! It also has better integration with MS Exchange.

To answer your question, I'm still unfortunately looking for a good solution. The ability to sync a couple of thousand contacts is an absolute must for me, as my Outlook contacts change and oftentimes I need to be in touch with new contacts.

If you hear of a good solution for keeping a Pocket PC Smart-phone synced, let me know and I'll do the same.

Last edited by WEBSRFR; 06-09-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
Blackberry Bluetooth

Blackberry 8830/ Verizon, syncs perfectly, downloads everything and all functions on steering wheel, etc. work perfectly. OEM phone system with B67875878 Bluetooth adapter. This is the newest Bluetooth adapter and can work with many of the newer phones and PDA's.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm
Blackberry 8830/ Verizon, syncs perfectly, downloads everything and all functions on steering wheel, etc. work perfectly. OEM phone system with B67875878 Bluetooth adapter. This is the newest Bluetooth adapter and can work with many of the newer phones and PDA's.
That is really good to hear! Will the new interface allow the downloading and syncing of several thousand contacts from the phone?
Old 06-10-2007, 04:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
Thousands?

Kind of doubt it. In my 02 S Class, there was a limited number of contacts the memory of the car could handle. As a previous poster said, go try it at an MB dealer. Usually the service manager or the parts manager has a fully loaded car.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm
Kind of doubt it. In my 02 S Class, there was a limited number of contacts the memory of the car could handle. As a previous poster said, go try it at an MB dealer. Usually the service manager or the parts manager has a fully loaded car.
Um yeah but I don't want to leave behind 3,000+ contacts in the car i use to test this

Most of them are business contacts in the DC area and there's some level of confidentiality associated with home numbers and such. I don't want to leave the contacts lying around somewhere unless there is a quick way to wipe everything.

I'm still looking for a way to sync (not just copy, as sometimes numbers change) my entire phonebook in my PDA Phone with the phonebook in the car. Some contacts have multiple numbers for home,work, etc., so it needs to be smart enough to copy and then sync as things are added, deleted or changed.

Given the sophistication of the MB Nav system, I'm afraid it is unlikely I'll see my wish come true with this model unless someone develops an aftermarket tool.

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Now what would be REALLY cool is the car's ability to use the phone's EVDO/EVDO Rev A capability via Bluetooth teathering to provide Internet access to the car's systems so it can display weather information and alerts, traffic updates, etc., while utilizing the allways-on Internet connection I already have in my phone. The car might as well use it to download NAV updates too while I am dreaming about this in la la land

There are so many cool things you can do with this technology. Imagine getting in your car and you press the engine start button and the car communicates with your PDA Phone to update the address book and then looks at your appointments and notices that you have are scheduled to drive to an appontment. The car then looks in the "Location" field of the apointment to automatically program the Nav system to give you directions to the address of your appointment and uses the phone's Internet link to check for traffic updates and weather conditions along the way. At the same time it can check your fuel level and also perhaps warn you if you might be low on fuel to reach your destination.

Okay okay I know... Baby steps. Let's first have the NAV system take you to the actual street address first.