E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Washed, waxed and a 10 minute mod (Clear corners)

Old 09-14-2006, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by jocon63
See my previous post..

Mine are the same as Benz-O-Rama's (Thanks to his lead) and living in New Hampshire, I got mine in < 5days. No water to speak of and we've gotten plenty of it with the rain the past few weeks.

I too wash the car weekly and have noticed no leakage to speak of. I also use the clear stock bulbs. Sounds like there are two types flowing around out there, all said I am happy with the cheap mod and am waiting on Benz-O-Rama to find me something else . Now if my damn burlwood steering wheel would come that I ordered two weeks ago I would be even happier.

Be careful what you ask for

I'm currently working on my next 'cheap' mod. I will unveil it in coming weeks. I hit a snag with it today and I am waiting on a vendor to help me resolve my issue. I will hopefully have it all corrected by the end of this month and will unveil it in all it's glory.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by avb777
Benzo,

When i go to product I can't click on sub products. Would be nice to view it.

Yeah, it's a crappy website. But they claim to have quality lighting parts.

Whatever that's worth.

So wait, did yours fog up or was it your imagination. Or were you just looking for something to get me off my *** and make me compare the lenses
Old 09-14-2006, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E350
I think my clear corners finally arrived. Won on ebay on Sept. 1 and finally arrived Sept. 14. And I live in the same damn state as where you guys claim it's at California. Oh well. Now hopefully it works.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by barrafp
I think my clear corners finally arrived. Won on ebay on Sept. 1 and finally arrived Sept. 14. And I live in the same damn state as where you guys claim it's at California. Oh well. Now hopefully it works.

I'm guessing that since I posted the link to the seller on this thread, they've had a run on them. My bet is that they were out of stock and had to get more in before they shipped them to you. Because, you're right, same state should be 2 days at the most. See if yours say made in Taiwain or ESDEPO on the side. And make sure you use a tiny *** screwdrive to get behind the light and pop that little clip. And also make sure to post pics when you're done.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:14 PM

2006 E350
If he would have just told me that then I would have been totally fine with it. Instead of not replying. I'll post pix up but like my sig says, there's nothing special about my ride. Totally stock except for clear corners. Yeah. Haven't even washed it yet eversince I purchased it. I've only put 600 miles on it and only been gased twice and I've had it since end of July.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:33 PM

2006 E350
Got them on.

Finally got the clear corners and installed. Looks so much better but very sad after the install. I managed to put a few scratches on the very corner while trying to pry the light off. It's not visible at all but knowing it's there makes me so sad.
I left the stock bulb in and in some of the pictures it looks yellow and some it looks white. Must be the flash. The lens does say Esdepo

Old 09-16-2006, 06:17 AM

2006 E350
I did too.........put a couple of small scratches while trying to pry off the lense. Will probably get the touch up paint from the dealer.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Looks good. And it appears that you didn't get one from the 'Made in Taiwan' batch. Sorry to hear that you put a little scratch on your car . I was lucky I guess. Or it may be becuase I'm a rockstar

Anyway, looks good. I'm well on my way on my quest to have every MBWORLD member upgrade his or her W211 with clear corners.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Looks good. And it appears that you didn't get one from the 'Made in Taiwan' batch. ....snipped
However, the DEPO site shows their headquarters as being in Taiwan. so logically they're all made there ?
Possibly a secondary supplier that the Ebay guy is getting them from.
Earlier in the thread someone commented that they may not look good on a dark color, however, IMO,
barrafp's ride looks terrific. (flint grey?)
Old 09-16-2006, 01:39 PM

2006 E350
Pewter. The odd thing with pewter color is that it is a different color each time you look in a different angle outside under the sun. Sometimes it looks like a taupe and sometimes it looks gray. I did this mod in my dark garage with very little light. Benz-o-Rama said it's a blind mans mod. It was late and I was too excited to wait until daylight to put them on. You're right about using a FLAT flat head screwdriver, but all I had were small rounded flat heads which is why it kept rubbing on the paint and eventually scratched it. I hope it doesn't rust. Any thoughts on what I should do to prevent rusting. Touch-up? I will have to get back to you guys to see if water or moisture will form inside after rain or washing. I'm a bit worried about that one on the picture because it has a little bit of play to it, meaning I'm able to push on the light and it goes in about a milimeter or so and springs out again. Hopefully it's a good enough seal.

Last edited by barrafp; 09-16-2006 at 01:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rwolak (04-05-2021)
Old 09-16-2006, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Duh, if I had looked at your sig I would've seen the color.
My '04 is Tectite gray and does the same thing in different lighting.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amber is the Law?

Thanks for the great advice on the Clear Side Markers I just ordered from your EBAY Contact. However - anyone considering doing this should read the following:

CALIFORNIA VEHICLE CODE
25100. (a) Except as provided in subdivisions (b) and (d), every vehicle 80 inches or more in overall width shall be equipped during darkness as follows:

(1) At least one amber clearance lamp on each side mounted on a forward-facing portion of the vehicle and visible from the front and at least one red clearance lamp on each side mounted on a rearward-facing portion of the vehicle and visible from the rear.

(2) At least one amber side-marker lamp on each side near the front and at least one red side-marker lamp on each side near the rear.

SIMPLY PUT - By law and I'm sure it's not just in California - YOU MUST have Amber side marker lights on all passenger vehicles. HOWEVER - I did some research while considering a NEW Porsche Cayman S before I bought my new 07' E350 Sport. Unlike - Mercedes - Porsche offers the upgrade for about 30 bucks - (usually will toss in during negoiation if you ask). While it is perfectly legal to change out the AMBER side markers - Porsche stills installs an amber bulb - which gets around the law and makes your car continued street legal. They do show up during the day if you look closely through the Clear side markers on the Porsche - SO the best option here may be the suggestion to by the SILVER 194 bulbs that remain silver/clear when not lit - but turn to amber with the lights on. Belive me it's a dumb law - but why give the cops any reason to pull you over for something so minor.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Amber is the Law?

Thanks for the great advice on the Clear Side Markers I just ordered from your EBAY Contact. However - anyone considering doing this should read the following:

CALIFORNIA VEHICLE CODE
25100. (a) Except as provided in subdivisions (b) and (d), every vehicle 80 inches or more in overall width shall be equipped during darkness as follows:

(1) At least one amber clearance lamp on each side mounted on a forward-facing portion of the vehicle and visible from the front and at least one red clearance lamp on each side mounted on a rearward-facing portion of the vehicle and visible from the rear.

(2) At least one amber side-marker lamp on each side near the front and at least one red side-marker lamp on each side near the rear.

SIMPLY PUT - By law and I'm sure it's not just in California - YOU MUST have Amber side marker lights on all passenger vehicles. HOWEVER - I did some research while considering a NEW Porsche Cayman S before I bought my new 07' E350 Sport. Unlike - Mercedes - Porsche offers the upgrade for about 30 bucks - (usually will toss in during negoiation if you ask). While it is perfectly legal to change out the AMBER side markers - Porsche stills installs an amber bulb - which gets around the law and makes your car continued street legal. They do show up during the day if you look closely through the Clear side markers on the Porsche - SO the best option here may be the suggestion to by the SILVER 194 bulbs that remain silver/clear when not lit - but turn to amber with the lights on. Belive me it's a dumb law - but why give the cops any reason to pull you over for something so minor.
ONE FINAL THOUGHT: If you have a good working relationship with your dealer where you bought the car - Why not ask the service dept. to swap out the Bulb for you since it is a warranty item - and while there at it - hand them the clear side markers to do for free.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:19 PM

2006 E350
Good advice on having the dealer install it and if the damage anything, at least you know you were not responsible . I would feel better know I was not the one that scratched it. I have had clear corners on my previous vehicle for 10 years and not had any comments. If it's illegal, then I'm willing to risk the chance. I'm not going in that corner light again and put more damage on my car by digging in with a screwdriver.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:54 AM

11 ML350W2 / 17 GLC300
Amber marker law.

Amber marker light when on or amber reflector? My clear corner reflectors have a silvered amber light that shows very amber when lit.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:19 AM

2006 E350
can someone link me to a good site that sells these silver amber bulbs. I might be willing to put a few more scratches on my car just to switch these bulbs out since everyone else has them. peer pressure
Old 09-19-2006, 11:34 AM

11 ML350W2 / 17 GLC300
http://autolumination.com/194.htm

Scroll down to the incandescent bulb section. I purchased a pair of the 194 Silver Chrome Amber bulbs at $2.99 each.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:21 PM

2006 E350
http://xenonmods.com/ is another good site. This is where I buy all my silver bulbs from.....Fast shipment.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Watch out where you buy!

After following many of your suggestions on this board - I purchased clear side markers from the EBAY seller you suggested on this site. I even emailed him ahead of time before the BUY IT NOW auction to make sure they fit on the 07' E350. I was assured that they would in his response. Well - they came last night and I wans't pleased when they turned out to be an inch too short. The 07's are longer. Now I have asked seller for a refund - despite the fact his notice says all sales final and please ask you questions ahead of time. I figure since he told me they would fit he will have no problem returning. I'll keep you all posted. BUT just in case - if anyone needs a set for 06' - you can have mine at the BUY IT NOW price I paid if he doesn't take them back.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by knbcpab
After following many of your suggestions on this board - I purchased clear side markers from the EBAY seller you suggested on this site. I even emailed him ahead of time before the BUY IT NOW auction to make sure they fit on the 07' E350. I was assured that they would in his response. Well - they came last night and I wans't pleased when they turned out to be an inch too short. The 07's are longer. Now I have asked seller for a refund - despite the fact his notice says all sales final and please ask you questions ahead of time. I figure since he told me they would fit he will have no problem returning. I'll keep you all posted. BUT just in case - if anyone needs a set for 06' - you can have mine at the BUY IT NOW price I paid if he doesn't take them back.
That stinks!!

You know, I just looked at his auctions and he has a few that say '03-'06
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06...5488QQtcZphoto

and he has one that says 2003+
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...9858QQtcZphoto

which would lead someone to believe that they would fit an '07 . So since he misrepresented with the 2003+ auction, he should definately honor the refund.

If not, I'm sure you'll have ZERO problems getting rid of them here. Just post them in the classified section too and they'll be gone within a week, probably.

Good luck.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 09-26-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:46 PM

2006 E350
The description didn't say E350 either but I just assumed they were all the same body. So they made the 07's corner lights an inch longer? I haven't seen one yet around here in San Diego. If the seller said that it fits the 07's and you proved that it doesn't, than there should be no question about getting a refund/return. I'm sure he will remember that message of your's..
Old 06-01-2007, 10:51 PM

Thanks barrafp for your pics on your install. I too have corners just like everyone else posting up here...lol. However, I have LED bulbs. Maybe you guys might have some in the area you live in...great with HIDs. You can get it in either hyper white, blue, or another color. They are clear so you can't see them through the clear lense, but they are BRIGHT when you turn them on.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:30 AM

W211 E55T
Did somebody have the price for the corner sidebar where the corner lights were fixed?
So I would like to know, how much the cost in the US.
I would like to know the price for a set in silver for a w211 with the park distance control.

Thanks
Alex

Last edited by Kaotik; 12-12-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:25 PM

E 320
Looks good
Old 01-14-2008, 11:47 PM

2005 E500 Sport
So where do ya get the "silver bulbs"?

Got my clear corner lights, was going to pop them in as you guys have instructed, but I think getting the silver bulbs before hand is good advice...
So where do I get some of those little beauties hummmmm?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Washed, waxed and a 10 minute mod (Clear corners)