E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Windows Tinted, K40 in, Polished, sealed and Waxed..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550
Windows Tinted, K40 in, Polished, sealed and Waxed..

Finally have everything done. Have not seen the sun in a while so the pictures are not that great.

Special thanks to Greg at Detailed Image for the great products and advise on getting the car protected.

2007 E550
Sport, P2, Wood Steering, Rear/Side Shades, iPod, Bluetooth
Mods so far - K40 with Laser, Tint

Windows Tinted, K40 in, Polished, sealed and Waxed..-dsc00429.jpg

Windows Tinted, K40 in, Polished, sealed and Waxed..-dsc00431.jpg

Windows Tinted, K40 in, Polished, sealed and Waxed..-dsc00432.jpg
Old 02-09-2007, 04:25 PM

2007 E350 Sport Obsidian Black & 2005 Cadillac Escalade
Thumbs up

WoW! That's stunning. My current lease is almost up & I absolutely love the looks of the Sport Package, however can't decide if I should go for it due to the firmer ride. It's almost as if the MB brochure dares one to order the sport pkg advising of harsher ride & possible damage to rims. We do have quite a few pot holes here as a result of winter months. It does however look Great!
Old 02-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for sharing your detail work and reviewing your experience with Detailed Image. Both the detail and the vehicle are phenomenal, congrats!!!! If anyone else would like help with detailing or selecting a custom detailing package please feel free to PM me or e-mail me at greg@detailedimage.com.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 02-09-2007, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Let's see some pics of the K40 install. Did you get front and rear with Laser Defuser? That's what I got. Here's what my install looked like when it was all said and done.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=k40
Old 02-09-2007, 06:47 PM

2007 E550
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Let's see some pics of the K40 install. Did you get front and rear with Laser Defuser? That's what I got. Here's what my install looked like when it was all said and done.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=k40
I just have the front with the laser diffuser. If you look at the interior picture, just to the left of the steering wheel, above the vent, you can see the pod. David's (the place I purchased it at), removed the laser from the liscence plate bracket and installed both the radar reciever and the diffuser behind the lower grill on the front bumper. I did take a picture, but you can't see it. That's just how I want it I'll get some snap shots though from the engine compartment.

I've had K40 for years, and they are the best. I wish I had spent the money to get the rear also.

That is a great install. I wish I had the built in's, but the W210 had a perfect place where the upper dash overhanged the instrument cluster, so I saved some cash and got the pod.

Like to know how you like the rear detector. Is is worth it?

Last edited by benzinok; 02-09-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by benzinok
I just have the front with the laser diffuser. If you look at the interior picture, just to the left of the steering wheel, above the vent, you can see the pod. David's (the place I purchased it at), removed the laser from the liscence plate bracket and installed both the radar reciever and the diffuser behind the lower grill on the front bumper. I did take a picture, but you can't see it. That's just how I want it I'll get some snap shots though from the engine compartment.

I've had K40 for years, and they are the best. I wish I had spent the money to get the rear also.

That is a great install. I wish I had the built in's, but the W210 had a perfect place where the upper dash overhanged the instrument cluster, so I saved some cash and got the pod.

Like to know how you like the rear detector. Is is worth it?

I had my defuser taken off the bracket too and had it mounted right underneath my front liscense plate nestled underneath the OEM front plate bracket. The front and rear radar recievers are mounted behind the bumpers, completely out of view. You say that your defuser is behind the mesh? Be careful with that. K40 says that the defuser MUST be mounted without obstruction and MUST be level.

As for the rear detector, it's really only good to locate cops behind you. Not many cops are shooting from the rear. But alot of guns are on all the time when they're mounted on their dash while they're driving. You can pick those suckers up behind you on an intersate over a mile away sometimes. That way those sneaky little b@stards can't sneak up on you.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned

I own a place that installs the k40 and this last week we did four including my e55....Coming from a long time V1 owner I think the rear is a must....I like knowing exactly where the signal is coming from...K40 sells it as a package front and back and I am surprised that some have opted for only a front install.

I have been testin gmy k40 calibre against my v1 for the last several days and they are triggering at the same time. Where in the past I would look at the arrows now I just hear the polite gentleman telling me front or back
Old 02-09-2007, 10:28 PM

2007 E550
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
I had my defuser taken off the bracket too and had it mounted right underneath my front liscense plate nestled underneath the OEM front plate bracket. The front and rear radar recievers are mounted behind the bumpers, completely out of view. You say that your defuser is behind the mesh? Be careful with that. K40 says that the defuser MUST be mounted without obstruction and MUST be level.

As for the rear detector, it's really only good to locate cops behind you. Not many cops are shooting from the rear. But alot of guns are on all the time when they're mounted on their dash while they're driving. You can pick those suckers up behind you on an intersate over a mile away sometimes. That way those sneaky little b@stards can't sneak up on you.
Have not heard that, but I'll trust you on that. In Oklahoma, we are lucky that we do not have front liscence plate requirements, and there is no way I'm gonna install the front plate and ruin the beautiful angles on the 2007. Any other ideas of a good mounting place? It was originally installed right underneath the bumper, but I was to worried that a curb would quickly take it out.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by benzinok
Have not heard that, but I'll trust you on that. In Oklahoma, we are lucky that we do not have front liscence plate requirements, and there is no way I'm gonna install the front plate and ruin the beautiful angles on the 2007. Any other ideas of a good mounting place? It was originally installed right underneath the bumper, but I was to worried that a curb would quickly take it out.
Yeah man,

I just re-read the install document on their website. It clearly states that the defuser should be mounted parallel to the ground and without obstruction. It also states that it should be mounted as close the center of the front of car as possible. Ideally, right where the license plate would be. Since you don't have a front license plate, I would suggest having your installer cut the mesh and fush mount the defuser where your plate would be. That mesh is probably pretty cheap to replace if had to.

I'll take a picture of mine tomorrow and post it.

Here's the .pdf

http://www.k40.com/images/pdf/tech/Install%20(LED).pdf
Old 02-10-2007, 08:05 PM

2007 E550
Here's another thing to ponder..

It is said the cops are taught to point the radar at a flat reflective surface, the best place being the liscense plate bracket. Soooo, if you have an angular bumper, big headlamps, etc., where would a cop shoot a Lidar at an E Series with no bracket? The reason this is important, is because at 200 feet, the Lidar only has an 18" diameter signal hitting the car. Seems this could be a problem..