Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' E350 4matic
Removing side marker bulbs

Hey guys,
I recently just smoked my side markers on my 06' E350, it looks good when the car is off as I have a black car and it gives a blacked out look. But in the night, the orange bulb shines through and destroys all the hype. So, how do I remove the bulb inside the marker?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-22-2007, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Don't you get a "Burnt Out Bulb" error message on the MFD if you remove the bulbs?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Don't you get a "Burnt Out Bulb" error message on the MFD if you remove the bulbs?
One wont (IF) You program the car via the SDS aka Star
Old 03-22-2007, 09:28 PM

2006 E350, 2000 C230 k
Originally Posted by hazehk
Hey guys,
I recently just smoked my side markers on my 06' E350, it looks good when the car is off as I have a black car and it gives a blacked out look. But in the night, the orange bulb shines through and destroys all the hype. So, how do I remove the bulb inside the marker?

Thanks in advance
Hey you should change bulb colors, I changed orange to blue with clear side markers and it looks great at night. If you just remove the bulb then you might as well buy EURO compact strips that do not include the space for them. Anyways, if you want to take the bulbs off, then you have to pop the side marker out by reaching inside the plastic that is in front of the wheel well. Just reach inside and pop it out, then take the bulb off (very easy), and push it back inside the space. Hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:53 AM
Almost a Member!

06' E350 4matic
Originally Posted by AK Benz
Hey you should change bulb colors, I changed orange to blue with clear side markers and it looks great at night. If you just remove the bulb then you might as well buy EURO compact strips that do not include the space for them. Anyways, if you want to take the bulbs off, then you have to pop the side marker out by reaching inside the plastic that is in front of the wheel well. Just reach inside and pop it out, then take the bulb off (very easy), and push it back inside the space. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the concise instructions. I thought about doing what you suggested, but I prefer the blacked out look personally. And besides, it's more cost efficient that way.

One wont (IF) You program the car via the SDS aka Star
So I WILL get a burnt light bulb message if I simply take the bulb out without going back to the dealer to have them do something with the Star Diagonstic?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
So I WILL get a burnt light bulb message if I simply take the bulb out without going back to the dealer to have them do something with the Star Diagonstic?[/QUOTE]

Correct......

Most Dealers will NOT do that as its a Liability issue (DOT)

But Yes One CAN Version code it (the side markers ) to Off
Old 03-24-2007, 03:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...and the reason you won't just remove the light from the lens and just let it hang (but not let the bulb touch anything) inside the bumper where no one can see it?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:47 PM

makes your daughter horny
Originally Posted by health services
...and the reason you won't just remove the light from the lens and just let it hang (but not let the bulb touch anything) inside the bumper where no one can see it?
It gets very hot and can melt the plastic bumper, fender liners, etc and possible even catch fire. I'm sure you would be fine if you zip tied it onto a metal portion of the car, you just have to be careful.

On my black C class I painted the sidemarkers black. You just need to use enough primer and paint that the light doesnt show through.