E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Help! Any Canadians with '06/'07 E-Class Grey Interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4MATIC & 2014 GLK250 BlueTEC
Question Help! Any Canadians with '06/'07 E-Class Grey Interior?

I need to finalize my order for an '08 E350 4Matic Sport by TOMORROW in order to get it into June production (to replace my '04 E320). I am leaning towards ordering a Flint Grey exterior with a Grey (Alpaca) interior. My problem is that there remain no Grey interior E350's in the Toronto area to look at!

My question concerns the actual CARPET color in a vehicle with Grey interior. In '04 we decided against the Grey interior because the carpet was the same very LIGHT grey as the seat leather - we preferred something darker. I have recently seen some photos on the internet that show an Alpaca Grey interior '07 E350 where the carpets are now a few shades darker than the seats - a lot better for a family with 2 children!! I have attached an example photo.

Can anyone here in Canada confirm that the Alpaca Grey interior comes with dark(er) grey carpeting as in the attached photo, or is it pretty much the same color as the seats (i.e. like the floor mats in the picture)??

If the carpeting is still the very light grey, I'll go back to the Cashmere (Tan) interior (where I know the carpet is now a darker tan than in '04) with an Iridium Grey exterior. Any comments on that combo??

Many thanks in advance for helping me narrow down the choices!
Attached Thumbnails Help!  Any Canadians with '06/'07 E-Class Grey Interior?-e350-alpaca-grey-interior.jpg  
Old 05-23-2007, 02:07 AM

2007 E350 Sport Obsidian Black & 2005 Cadillac Escalade
I don't live in Canada, however a family friend in Victoria BC recently purchased a 2007 Silver E-Class with the light Gray interior. He was pleased to see that it now had the Darker Carpeting. Hope that helps. It definitely makes more sense for the carpeting to be darker.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by DrRx
I need to finalize my order for an '08 E350 4Matic Sport by TOMORROW in order to get it into June production (to replace my '04 E320). I am leaning towards ordering a Flint Grey exterior with a Grey (Alpaca) interior. My problem is that there remain no Grey interior E350's in the Toronto area to look at!
Can anyone here in Canada confirm that the Alpaca Grey interior comes with dark(er) grey carpeting as in the attached photo, or is it pretty much the same color as the seats (i.e. like the floor mats in the picture)??[/B][/COLOR]
Yes, I can confirm that the grey carpets are considerably darker than the upholstery colour. I have seen the Flint Grey/grey MB tex combo in two different MY 2007 E Class cars. I was torn between choosing the grey interior or black, both look good. I went with black since it is more practical (kids are grown up, but we have a dog !), it gives the interior a greater sense of unity and the burl walnut trim looks smashing.
However, since you are going with the E350 Sport, you would get the black maple trim which would be lost in a black interior. I would definitely stay clear of the cashmere interior if you are choosing Flint Grey exterior. This combo is not recommended by MBC.
As far as ordering for June production, according to my dealer's sales manager (MBC Vancouver), the "Cut-off Date" to amend or place June orders was May 9th.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
In all the '07s of every standard interior color I've seen, the carpets closely match the dash pad color.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
In all the '07s of every standard interior color I've seen, the carpets closely match the dash pad color.
Yes, I agree with Barry. With the grey (Alpaca) interior, the upper dash is dark grey as are the carpets.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:47 AM

Order Placed!!

Many thanks to all for your help with this decision!!

Ordered my 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic today for June production! Finally decided on Flint Grey with the Sierra (aka Ash / Alpaca) interior and the Designo Burl Walnut for contrast (really felt that the Black Birds' Eye would have been too monochromatic - Grey exterior, Grey interior, accented by Grey trim!!).

The change to the darker grey carpeting from the light grey in past model years was the clincher; the light grey carpeting would have required a daily hosing down of the kids prior to vehicle entry, which would have gotten to be a grind quite quickly, especially in winter. I loved my old 2004 E320 with Cashmere (aka Stone) on Pewter, but the change will be nice.

Can't believe the degree of standard content in the Canadian 2008's - the only options are the Premium Pkg (Nav, Park, Heated Rear, Rear Shade and Auto trunk), Pano Roof, Climate Seats and Keyless Go. Everything else you could possibly add is standard - Bluetooth, Sirius, Active Bi-Xenons, HK Sound - and the SPORT PACKAGE!!! With a 4-5 point jump in residuals and the money off the top, the deal actually came in better than a similarly equipped end-of-year 2007.

The dealer predicts an August 1 delivery - will keep y'all posted!
Old 05-25-2007, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250 BT 4M
Many thanks to all for your help with this decision!!
Ordered my 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic today for June production! Finally decided on Flint Grey with the Sierra (aka Ash / Alpaca) interior and the Designo Burl Walnut for contrast (really felt that the Black Birds' Eye would have been too monochromatic
Your welcome ! Congrats on your choice of colour combo. The grey interior with burl walnut is very handsome; much better choice than black maple IMO.

I still find it hard to believe that your dealer was able to amend a June production order this close to June 1st start-up for MY2008. Perhaps the cars for eastern Canada are produced later in the month than the ones for the west (first 10 days of the month). Did your dealer give you a copy of the NetStar "Order update" that shows the production decade ? There are three "decades" in a month.

In any case, both of our cars will share the same birth month.

Last edited by DerekACS; 05-25-2007 at 04:25 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:32 PM

Derek;

Yes, I did confirm with my dealer, and May 24 was indeed the cut-off here in Toronto. He indicated you have a different cut-off out West. In any case, production is listed in NetStar for second decade of June.

So the race is on! Let's see who's arrives first.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250 BT 4M
So the race is on! Let's see who's arrives first.
That's good news ! Let's hope that the Indians don't get carried away with more rail blockades and hold our cars for ransom !
I just returned from my dealer where I saw a new Bluetec being delivered, silver/Alpaca grey MB tex. With the burl walnut, this is a very attractive interior. IMO, it looks much better with Flint Grey.
Have you been quoted a lease figure as yet ? I'm told that pricing will not likely be released until mid-July, about the time our cars arrive !
Old 05-25-2007, 10:31 PM

No, I don't have any lease figures yet. Usually have all these bases covered before I jump, but this time around it will be a leap of faith! My dealer said (like any other smart dealer would) that prices will hold steady, even decrease due to the Euro/CDN exchange. Furthermore, he indicated that many dealers have complained about Canadians cross-border shopping since the the prices there are 10K+ lower than here at home after accounting for the exchange rate, and that MBCanada would lower prices to curb such activity. It tend to agree with these arguments, so I took the chance this time around.

I really wanted a Grey or Tan interior in a great-deal 2007. However, there were none to be had in Canada equipped the way I wanted. So, the dealer negotiated to give me a fairly good deal on an ordered 2008 (i.e. ~$5000 off MSRP), plus $1500 loyalty bonus and a 3 month pull-ahead on my current lease. Since the residual for '08s in July/August @18,000 Km/yr will be in the 61-62% range, the monthly lease payments will come in at the same, if not less than a 2007. Throw in all the new standard features in Canada for the 2008s and we are laughing!

Just to further ease my concerns, did the Bluetec with Alpaca interior you saw being delivered at your dealer have the dark(er) grey carpeting???
Old 05-26-2007, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250 BT 4M
Just to further ease my concerns, did the Bluetec with Alpaca interior you saw being delivered at your dealer have the dark(er) grey carpeting???
Yes, every example that I have seen of the grey interior (both E350s and Bluetecs, leather and MB Tex) had darker grey carpets. I think you will be very glad you went with the walnut trim instead of the black maple.
Congrats on your very favourable deal !

Last edited by DerekACS; 05-26-2007 at 12:46 AM.