COMAND MENU Choices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005, E500 Designo
COMAND MENU Choices

My car is a 03/05 delivrd E500 Designo.

I have entered the "357" COMAND menu, there are many choices among them is a W211_US & a W211_USA does any one know the difference?

The upper left button is marked KYBRD pressing it brings up another menu that shows two new listings among others, one is Developer and the other is

"Varient + Specific" does any one know what these are used for?

Is there a way to know, from this menu if I can change to W211_ECE mode and view DVD Video on my unit or if this unit is ready for TV Tuner?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320 with AMG bodykit
Sorry to ruin it for you, but No, you can't play DVDs or connect a TV-tuner to your US COMAND.

You would need to buy a Euro COMAND with video connection (not all Euro COMANDs have them, so be extra careful if you're looking for a cheap bargain on ebay).

Here's some more info on the differences between US and Euro COMANDS:
http://www.mbenznl.com/products/w211comands.shtml

If you're planning to buy a Euro COMAND, you might wanna check the models that have the TV connections:
http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND%2...rticle-11.html

Hope this helps
Old 06-08-2007, 02:49 PM

2005, E500 Designo
Command Menu

Thanks , it all helps to end the confusion.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:21 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
S213 2020 E450 4Matic CDN Spec 07/19 build
Originally Posted by Kimber
The upper left button is marked KYBRD pressing it brings up another menu that shows two new listings among others, one is Developer and the other is "Varient + Specific" does any one know what these are used for?
I've asked this question of several forums and the silence was deafening. No responses whatsoever.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:05 AM

2005, E500 Designo
Comand

Originally Posted by murman
I've asked this question of several forums and the silence was deafening. No responses whatsoever.

The short time I have been on this forum there are many responses to this "3,5,7" menu requesting what means what. If I remember there are over 10 choices one could make within that menu of different models plus the ones I requested maybe the question has been answered by those that know and is they are probably tired of answering.

This is the first "forum" I have joined. I probably should have done a "search" somewhere first. It gets a little rough on us baby boomer high school dropouts whose first car didn't have a seat belt.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
This has been great info. I had no idea dvd 's could be viewed on the command radio. Now I am wondering if I can convert my 03 command to the dvd format. Jim
Old 06-09-2007, 01:01 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
S213 2020 E450 4Matic CDN Spec 07/19 build
Originally Posted by Kimber
The short time I have been on this forum there are many responses to this "3,5,7" menu requesting what means what. If I remember there are over 10 choices one could make within that menu of different models plus the ones I requested maybe the question has been answered by those that know and is they are probably tired of answering.

This is the first "forum" I have joined. I probably should have done a "search" somewhere first. It gets a little rough on us baby boomer high school dropouts whose first car didn't have a seat belt.
Let me clarify further. I've also searched several other forums without success.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:06 PM

2005, E500 Designo
Originally Posted by vettdvr
This has been great info. I had no idea dvd 's could be viewed on the command radio. Now I am wondering if I can convert my 03 command to the dvd format. Jim
As I understand what of have read here a US COMAND unit will not play video DVD'S period no matter what option you choose in the 3,5,7 sub menu.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subway
Originally Posted by AMG-fanatic
Sorry to ruin it for you, but No, you can't play DVDs or connect a TV-tuner to your US COMAND.

You would need to buy a Euro COMAND with video connection (not all Euro COMANDs have them, so be extra careful if you're looking for a cheap bargain on ebay).

Here's some more info on the differences between US and Euro COMANDS:
http://www.mbenznl.com/products/w211comands.shtml

If you're planning to buy a Euro COMAND, you might wanna check the models that have the TV connections:
http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND%2...rticle-11.html

Hope this helps
why does your car say v8 kompresser if it is a v6?