E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

How do you turn off the seatbelt noise?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you turn off the seatbelt noise?

I drive clients short distances often and the "no seatbelt" noise is driving me nuts, is there a way to take out a fuse, or it's it a computer fix? Help me before I go crazy, anyone successfully got rid of it?

-C
Old 10-01-2007, 09:23 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
You may want to try a search . . . lots of replies.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 PM

2006 Mercedes Benz E350
Originally Posted by cavanok
I drive clients short distances often and the "no seatbelt" noise is driving me nuts, is there a way to take out a fuse, or it's it a computer fix? Help me before I go crazy, anyone successfully got rid of it?

-C
Put on your seatbelt?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:08 PM

'13 E550 W4
Absolutely no reason not to wear it, unless you (and your clients) enjoy flying through the windshield and eating pavement...It can happen in an instant at less than 35 MPH. Did you know that a back seat passenger can often fly through the front windshield if the car is hit head on and the person is not belted in? If you're t-boned from the left side for example, the unbuckled left backseat passenger could fly out the right rear or back window. If there is someone unbelted in the right rear seat also at that time, he's getting taken out by the flying left side passenger and they're both flying out. If you roll the vehicle, you're all doing a massive cranial scrape down the road, and that ruins everyone's afternoon. Save us the insurance costs and make yourself and all your passengers wear it. From my experience, it makes clients feel more comfortable to see everyone buckled up as well.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:37 AM

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts
'07 GL450
To answer your question...

Yes, it can be done. Take it to your favorite dealer and ask them to disable it -- it's software driven. They may not be keen on doing so, but, with a little persuasion, I'm sure you could come to an agreement.

GL.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
What year is the car? It is no longer possible for the dealer to delete this as of the 2006 model year.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
Originally Posted by Miguk_Saram
To answer your question...

Yes, it can be done. Take it to your favorite dealer and ask them to disable it -- it's software driven. They may not be keen on doing so, but, with a little persuasion, I'm sure you could come to an agreement.

GL.
In our litigious society, I doubt that a dealer would do this. The injured passenger will sue everbody in the line of sight.

I don't know what the big deal is to take 5 seconds to put on the belt, and if you are carrying clients, making them wear seatbelts shows that you are a careful person who also cares about their well-being. Avoiding the belts shows the opposite and also that you are willing to take stupid risks. Not a good idea from a business standpoint even if you don't like the sound of the chimes.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:02 PM

'13 E550 W4
I believe our friend Miguk was trying to point out via his sarcastic response... that we were potentially being judgmental on not wearing seatbelts, rather than just answering the guys initial forum question. Its definitely not judgmental on our part, its simply caring for our fellow MBZ brothers.

If the guy wants to stop the seatbelt beeping, he simply can go to a junkyard and buy 4 seatbelt buckles for 5 dollars and stick them in the slots full time. Then, he and his clients wont need to buckle up or hear any beeping since there will be buckles already locked in there. Can you imagine..?? I'm done with this thread. Good luck.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz E350 Sport
Originally Posted by mpx220
Put on your seatbelt?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 PM

Enterprise rent-a-car!!!
Originally Posted by csumt76
What year is the car? It is no longer possible for the dealer to delete this as of the 2006 model year.

Not correct !!
It is very possible, you just need an SDS and about 30 minutes.
Codings need to be changed in a few control units.
Dealers wont do it for 2 reasons, 1. Liability. 2. The dealers are running out of tech's who know there *** from their elbo. (IMHO)
Old 10-02-2007, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I think you can tell a dealer that you need to carry heavy items on front seat which false arm a seat belt alarm. I think adult person can decide live or die.