E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

all lights fogged up, new car ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E63 S-AMG
all lights fogged up, new car ahhhhhhhhhhhh

i just got a new 2008 e350 amg, the weather here in newyork got colder.

i have not tampered with my lights yet, i just had my sidemarkers painted.

i come out of the hand car wash and notice that both headlamp and both foglights have fog inside of them. my undercarage was a little pushed out but all lights and covers were sealed. the fog evaporated in an hours time, but why did it fog in the first place, especially on all the lights.

could this have been due to the weather drop, or maybe it was because by wheel well cover was not fully pushed back in place? either way, all covers on the head and fog lights were sealed!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 E450 4matic
Originally Posted by gstatus929
i just got a new 2008 e350 amg, the weather here in newyork got colder.

i have not tampered with my lights yet, i just had my sidemarkers painted.

i come out of the hand car wash and notice that both headlamp and both foglights have fog inside of them. my undercarage was a little pushed out but all lights and covers were sealed. the fog evaporated in an hours time, but why did it fog in the first place, especially on all the lights.

could this have been due to the weather drop, or maybe it was because by wheel well cover was not fully pushed back in place? either way, all covers on the head and fog lights were sealed!
Funny this comes up. When I was deciding on the Benz I noticed somewhere that they said that the car had something special that prevented window fog ups. I've had the car three weeks and the windows are fogged up more often than not. I was beginning to think that something was living in my trunk or something.

My guess is that we had a pretty radical temperature shift this week (I'm also about 20min from NYC). We went from 90 to 53 in a few days. My car has been fogged up since.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:19 PM

2014 E63 S-AMG
my main concern is not the fog on the windows, its the fog inside the lights. im worried theres a leak somewere in them that allows water to enter and vaporize.

my caps are sealed but my headlights fogged up as if they were open in the back
Old 10-12-2007, 05:04 PM

2021 E450 4matic
my main concern is not the fog on the windows, its the fog inside the lights. im worried theres a leak somewere in them that allows water to enter and vaporize.

my caps are sealed but my headlights fogged up as if they were open in the back
That's really strange. Are the the xenon?
Old 10-12-2007, 05:09 PM

2004 E320, 2006 Infiniti G35X, Yamaha VMAX 700 (Snowmobile)
I had one of my Xeon's replaced a few months back, after washing the car the inside of the lamp housing fogged. Brought it back to the dealer and he informed me they forgot to put the gasket back on the lamp socket. Don't know if that was really the problem or not but the problem was fixed.

I would have them check all the seals in the housing, it is not normal.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
i come out of the hand car wash and notice that both headlamp and both foglights have fog inside of them. the fog evaporated in an hours time
These surfaces fog up whenever they are cold and come in contact with warmer, humid air. An example of this is the mirror in the bathroom, which often fogs up after showering because the warm humid air may condense on the colder surface of the mirror. Any fogging will normally disappear after one or two hours during the day depending on temperature and humidity. The condition is normal. If there is any indication of greater moisture, check for external damage.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:28 PM

2014 E63 S-AMG
but will this condtion persist ive never seen this happen on any other benzes
Old 10-14-2007, 01:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
but will this condtion persist ive never seen this happen on any other benzes
Have the lights checked for peace of mind. Possibly the technician might find something or they may replace parts for precaution. If not, you will have documentation in case one day the situation presents itself where you can compare your fogged lights to another 211 under the same conditions.If the other vehicle’s lights are not fogged you have cause to request replacements under warranty. Under these circumstances, you will need to have your local MBUSA rep approve the repair for your repeat complaint.