Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W211)
2003 E320 Fuel Filter >

2003 E320 Fuel Filter

Notices
E-Class (W211) 2003-2009
Old 06-24-2015, 01:42 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Fuel System Guides
Print Wikipost

2003 E320 Fuel Filter

 
Old 11-23-2007, 06:54 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
mdreef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 122
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E550, 2011 C350, 2001 Porsche 911
2003 E320 Fuel Filter

I have learned that the fuel filter is to be found in the fuel tank under the back seat. Easy for me to access because I have folding rear seats.
I have found a number of websites that sell fuel filters, but they look nothing like the photos that I have seen for the pump/filter assembly.

Do I really have to replace the fuel pump or is the filter simply attached to it? please tell me it's a simple fuel filter....please!
mdreef is offline  
Old 11-25-2007, 02:04 PM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by mdreef View Post
I have learned that the fuel filter is to be found in the fuel tank under the back seat. Easy for me to access because I have folding rear seats.
I have found a number of websites that sell fuel filters, but they look nothing like the photos that I have seen for the pump/filter assembly.

Do I really have to replace the fuel pump or is the filter simply attached to it? please tell me it's a simple fuel filter....please!

As far as I know fuel filters are located under the car and you should not have access to it from the inside.
I think it would be crazy to have anything that has to do with fuel in an area accessible from the inside.
guanabara is offline  
Old 11-25-2007, 03:13 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 5,247
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
Originally Posted by guanabara View Post
As far as I know fuel filters are located under the car and you should not have access to it from the inside.
I think it would be crazy to have anything that has to do with fuel in an area accessible from the inside.
Wrong, don't know how crazy it is, but you are not supposed to drive with the parts disassembled

Looks like the filter is not a separate OEM spare part.

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.asp...SGR=015&SGN=01
Diesel Benz is offline  
Old 11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
  #4  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by mdreef View Post
I have learned that the fuel filter is to be found in the fuel tank under the back seat. Easy for me to access because I have folding rear seats.
I have found a number of websites that sell fuel filters, but they look nothing like the photos that I have seen for the pump/filter assembly.

Do I really have to replace the fuel pump or is the filter simply attached to it? please tell me it's a simple fuel filter....please!
Look at the link below, where you can see how the filter looks like.
There is apparently a different model for the 4-Matic cars. So make sure you get look up the right one.

As far as location goes, try looking under the tank (forward side) under right side rear sear area.

my cars are 99 so not sure why yours would be different as the E320 uses the same filter from 99 to 2003 on the E320 model.

The car should be lifted at a mechanic shop for safety access from under neath. There are pressure clamps holding the hoses in place.

The filter body is also held in place using a clamp.

There is a plastic cover should be removed for easy work,
guanabara is offline  
Old 11-25-2007, 08:18 PM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
mdreef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 122
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E550, 2011 C350, 2001 Porsche 911
Thanks Guanabara. Could you please give me the link that you mentioned?
The 03-E320 is the new body stule, so I believe that it would be different from 99 - but I'm not 100% sure..

Also, when I called the parts department dealer to ask for the fuel filter they said that it's part of the pump...

MD

Originally Posted by guanabara View Post
Look at the link below, where you can see how the filter looks like.
There is apparently a different model for the 4-Matic cars. So make sure you get look up the right one.

As far as location goes, try looking under the tank (forward side) under right side rear sear area.

my cars are 99 so not sure why yours would be different as the E320 uses the same filter from 99 to 2003 on the E320 model.

The car should be lifted at a mechanic shop for safety access from under neath. There are pressure clamps holding the hoses in place.

The filter body is also held in place using a clamp.

There is a plastic cover should be removed for easy work,
mdreef is offline  
Old 11-25-2007, 09:33 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by mdreef View Post
Thanks Guanabara. Could you please give me the link that you mentioned?
The 03-E320 is the new body stule, so I believe that it would be different from 99 - but I'm not 100% sure..

Also, when I called the parts department dealer to ask for the fuel filter they said that it's part of the pump...

MD
When you take the car to a mechanic for an oil change and it is lifted up or if you have a ramp, drive the rear right wheel over it. Then look from under the rear passenger right door/seat area. you should see a black protective cover wit access holes for you to stick a long socket wrench thru in order to remove the 5 plastic nuts holding it in place.

I am preparring to do this job on my car (haven't done one yet myself).

I understand that there 2 hoses on each side of the filter. I believe (to be confirmed) that they need to be compressed enough to block fuel leakage.

Then the clamps holding the hoses in place need to be removed. I read somewhere that those clamps sometimes break or can only be used once, so better get a set of 4 just in case. The filter body is also held in place by a clamp that needs to be loosened so that the filter can be taken out.

I a still doing some research on this, so we are on similar paths.

Soemtims it helps looking up the part(s) online so that it may be easier locating it on the car.

Here is some information I was able to quickly find online:
Makes > 2003 Mercedes > E320 > Fuel & Air System > Fuel Filter Part Number

Brand / Description / Restrictions

List

Core

Your Price

Qty

Select

0024773001


Knecht
Fuel Filter; With 4 Push-On Fittings; 75mm Diameter
Please verify appearance and connections on existing unit prior to ordering. 1 per car.


$118.00



$37.95






71058


Bosch (Alternate Brand)
Fuel Filter; With 4 Push-On Fittings; 75mm Diameter
1 per

Last edited by guanabara; 11-25-2007 at 09:36 PM.
guanabara is offline  
Old 11-26-2007, 08:59 PM
  #7  
Member
Thread Starter
 
mdreef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 122
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E550, 2011 C350, 2001 Porsche 911
Thanks! I think I might have to look inside the tank to see what's there...I will also look underneath the car to see if I find what you have mentioned...

Thanks again!!
mdreef is offline  
Old 11-27-2007, 01:16 AM
  #8  
Super Member
 
tashakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 511
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 A8L 4.2
I found this..... somewhere.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ap47.20-p-0780tc.pdf (379.7 KB, 2693 views)
tashakes is offline  
Old 11-27-2007, 08:31 AM
  #9  
X72
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 274
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E 320
Thanks tashakes. From the pdf file that you posted...
"The fuel filter (55/1) forms a unit with the
fuel pressure regulator, the left tank half fuel
level sensor (B4/1) and the line package (6).
The fuel filter (55/1) cannot be replaced
separately."
X72 is offline  
Old 11-27-2007, 08:40 AM
  #10  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boston, MA USA
Posts: 666
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by X72 View Post
Thanks tashakes. From the pdf file that you posted...
"The fuel filter (55/1) forms a unit with the
fuel pressure regulator, the left tank half fuel
level sensor (B4/1) and the line package (6).
The fuel filter (55/1) cannot be replaced
separately."
X72,

I went thru this ordeal about 2 years ago when I replaced my fuel filter. The filter is on the driver's side of the tank (and has a level float attached) and it has some tubes and a power harness that feeds thru a channel in the tank to the other side (passenger side) to connect up to the fuel pump. The fuel pump also has a level float attached. The job took me about 2.5 hrs to complete -- it's not difficult but a real PITA!!! The filter was about $100 and I purchased it thru one of the suppliers who discounts to MBWorld members.

Regards,

paul...
paulv is offline  
Old 11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 5,247
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
Originally Posted by paulv View Post
X72,

I went thru this ordeal about 2 years ago when I replaced my fuel filter. The filter is on the driver's side of the tank (and has a level float attached) and it has some tubes and a power harness that feeds thru a channel in the tank to the other side (passenger side) to connect up to the fuel pump. The fuel pump also has a level float attached. The job took me about 2.5 hrs to complete -- it's not difficult but a real PITA!!! The filter was about $100 and I purchased it thru one of the suppliers who discounts to MBWorld members.

Regards,

paul...
I don't have this as the fuel filter on a diesel is at the engine bay but for my interest, can you clarify if you still changed the filter only while it does not appear to be a spare part from MB? An independent source would supply the filter part only and the pump assembly can be torn down and rebuilt with a new filter? Or was the filter part you mention an equal complete pump assembly as the spare part from MB?
Diesel Benz is offline  
Old 11-27-2007, 12:14 PM
  #12  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boston, MA USA
Posts: 666
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
I don't have this as the fuel filter on a diesel is at the engine bay but for my interest, can you clarify if you still changed the filter only while it does not appear to be a spare part from MB? An independent source would supply the filter part only and the pump assembly can be torn down and rebuilt with a new filter? Or was the filter part you mention an equal complete pump assembly as the spare part from MB?
Unfortunately, tashakes only provided the first half of the procedure as the other half is for replacing the fuel pump but is needed to to the full filter replacement on a W211 gas car as it shows how the filter gas line connects to the pump.

This was the part number for the filter assembly: 2114704094.

I also need these two parts since the filter part was the new replacement (I guess MB was trying to make this a common part):

Harness 2114400507 : this was to connect up the fuel guage wiring to the new filter.

bracket 2114700241 : this was to allow for the wider diameter fuel lines from the new filter to the pump -- this bracket snapped on the rim of the fuel pump.

BTW, I bought these parts (and many others) from Rob Lewis who's a parts guy at Westchester MB in OH. He has an account for MBWorld members and I was happy with his prices/service. You can reach him 1-513-870-1030. I don't have any info on international sales from Rob.

Hoped this helped.

Regards,
paul...

added full procedure.
Attached Files

Last edited by paulv; 11-27-2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added atch
paulv is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 09:08 PM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320 2004 CLK 320 CABRIOLET
Fuel Filter E320 2003

Originally Posted by mdreef View Post
I have learned that the fuel filter is to be found in the fuel tank under the back seat. Easy for me to access because I have folding rear seats.
I have found a number of websites that sell fuel filters, but they look nothing like the photos that I have seen for the pump/filter assembly.

Do I really have to replace the fuel pump or is the filter simply attached to it? please tell me it's a simple fuel filter....please!
My E 320 2003 has 50000 miles,the manual suggests fuel filter replacement at 80000 miles or 5 years,any suggestions or experience?
Fredush
fredush is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 09:10 PM
  #14  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320 2004 CLK 320 CABRIOLET
Fuel Filter E 320 2003

May i ask what "TASHAKES" is/

Originally Posted by paulv View Post
Unfortunately, tashakes only provided the first half of the procedure as the other half is for replacing the fuel pump but is needed to to the full filter replacement on a W211 gas car as it shows how the filter gas line connects to the pump.

This was the part number for the filter assembly: 2114704094.

I also need these two parts since the filter part was the new replacement (I guess MB was trying to make this a common part):

Harness 2114400507 : this was to connect up the fuel guage wiring to the new filter.

bracket 2114700241 : this was to allow for the wider diameter fuel lines from the new filter to the pump -- this bracket snapped on the rim of the fuel pump.

BTW, I bought these parts (and many others) from Rob Lewis who's a parts guy at Westchester MB in OH. He has an account for MBWorld members and I was happy with his prices/service. You can reach him 1-513-870-1030. I don't have any info on international sales from Rob.

Hoped this helped.

Regards,
paul...

added full procedure.
fredush is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
  #15  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boston, MA USA
Posts: 666
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by fredush View Post
May i ask what "TASHAKES" is/
He's the poster further up in this thread.

Regards,
paul...
paulv is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 03:31 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320 2004 CLK 320 CABRIOLET
Originally Posted by paulv View Post
X72,

I went thru this ordeal about 2 years ago when I replaced my fuel filter. The filter is on the driver's side of the tank (and has a level float attached) and it has some tubes and a power harness that feeds thru a channel in the tank to the other side (passenger side) to connect up to the fuel pump. The fuel pump also has a level float attached. The job took me about 2.5 hrs to complete -- it's not difficult but a real PITA!!! The filter was about $100 and I purchased it thru one of the suppliers who discounts to MBWorld members.

Regards,

paul...
May I ask where you bought the fuel filter for the 2003 E320,the MB dealer wants $241 for the part...
Fred
fredush is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 09:59 PM
  #17  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320 2004 CLK 320 CABRIOLET
Originally Posted by mdreef View Post
I have learned that the fuel filter is to be found in the fuel tank under the back seat. Easy for me to access because I have folding rear seats.
I have found a number of websites that sell fuel filters, but they look nothing like the photos that I have seen for the pump/filter assembly.

Do I really have to replace the fuel pump or is the filter simply attached to it? please tell me it's a simple fuel filter....please!
W211 FUEL FILTER
LETTER SENT TO MB USA JAN.23'09
MEMBERS SHOULD SEND MORE OF THESE LETTERS,THIS IS A RIDICULOUS ARRANGEMENT

i own a 2003 e class (w211) with 60000 miles,the owner's manual suggests a fuel filter change at 60000.To my surprise and dismay I find that the filter is located INSIDE the fuel tank and it comes as part of the fuel supply pump and not as a separate part,needless to say the cost is enormous ...not to speak of the labour.I have since found out from other owners that after the change (performed by MB dealers) a number of them have had issues with the fuel gauge and low fuel sensor.A trusted MB dealer's service mgr told me that they have stopped changing these filters and have had o fuel problems with vehicules over 100000 miles.Please tell me the reason for the placement of the filter and the reason it is so expensive,have you since reviewed the advice to change the filter alltogether.Where is the fuel filter located in the W212?I also own a CLK cabrio 2004,is this a similar situation?Thank you in advance for your response.
fredush is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 12:02 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 391
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E500, 2011 ML350
It is only a similar problem if the CLK is a v8.....
MB211 is offline  
Old 01-25-2009, 11:06 PM
  #19  
Member
Thread Starter
 
mdreef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 122
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E550, 2011 C350, 2001 Porsche 911
Originally Posted by fredush View Post
May I ask where you bought the fuel filter for the 2003 E320,the MB dealer wants $241 for the part...
Fred
Originally Posted by fredush View Post
W211 FUEL FILTER
LETTER SENT TO MB USA JAN.23'09
MEMBERS SHOULD SEND MORE OF THESE LETTERS,THIS IS A RIDICULOUS ARRANGEMENT

i own a 2003 e class (w211) with 60000 miles,the owner's manual suggests a fuel filter change at 60000.To my surprise and dismay I find that the filter is located INSIDE the fuel tank and it comes as part of the fuel supply pump and not as a separate part,needless to say the cost is enormous ...not to speak of the labour.I have since found out from other owners that after the change (performed by MB dealers) a number of them have had issues with the fuel gauge and low fuel sensor.A trusted MB dealer's service mgr told me that they have stopped changing these filters and have had o fuel problems with vehicules over 100000 miles.Please tell me the reason for the placement of the filter and the reason it is so expensive,have you since reviewed the advice to change the filter alltogether.Where is the fuel filter located in the W212?I also own a CLK cabrio 2004,is this a similar situation?Thank you in advance for your response.
As a follow-up to my original post, I purchased the filter & fuel sending unit from MB dealer for $250.00+ and with help from PaulV's PM and other posts I tackled the installation. The filter assembly was definitely accessible from the top of the tank. Both access ports on driver and passenger side have to be opened in order to complete the work.

I made a huge mistake, however, and I "neanderthaled" the plastic connection between the filter unit (on driver side) and fuel pump (on passenger side), so it broke! I just couldn't find the clip that would allow the barbed connection to release - VERY IMPORTANT! I admit that I am sometimes a neanderthal.

So, my "do it yourself" project to save a couple of bucks ended up costing me over $600.00 because I had to buy a new pump as well...It also took much longer. I'm still ashamed of myself for making such a foolish mistake. Remember not to EVER force any parts that don't come loose, especially if it's plastic!

Oh, and about your letter to MB, in my opinion (and as I often tell my letter-writing father), it is a waste of time and energy to send such a letter. I don't really think that MB or any other manufacturer would change their engineering to satisfy someone that sent a complaint letter...I'm not arguing, just stating my opinion.

Thanks to all for your posts!
mdreef is offline  
Old 01-26-2009, 09:50 AM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
vettdvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,254
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by mdreef View Post

Oh, and about your letter to MB, in my opinion (and as I often tell my letter-writing father), it is a waste of time and energy to send such a letter. I don't really think that MB or any other manufacturer would change their engineering to satisfy someone that sent a complaint letter...I'm not arguing, just stating my opinion.

Thanks to all for your posts!
Unfortunately I agree with this. Too many companies today have missed that profits come from satisfied customers , and they think profits come from mass sales.
vettdvr is offline  
Old 01-26-2009, 12:06 PM
  #21  
Out Of Control!!
 
konigstiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: North Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 10,377
Received 1,163 Likes on 979 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by vettdvr View Post
Unfortunately I agree with this. Too many companies today have missed that profits come from satisfied customers , and they think profits come from mass sales.
https://mbworld.org/forums/2089508-post1.html
konigstiger is offline  
Old 01-26-2009, 12:20 PM
  #22  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boston, MA USA
Posts: 666
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by mdreef View Post
......................

I made a huge mistake, however, and I "neanderthaled" the plastic connection between the filter unit (on driver side) and fuel pump (on passenger side), so it broke! I just couldn't find the clip that would allow the barbed connection to release - VERY IMPORTANT! I admit that I am sometimes a neanderthal.

......................
When I received the new filter, I took it out of the box and played around with it to make sure I understood the filter assembly as well as the procedure. Although the procedure showed an arrow pointing to the locking collar, it wasn't obvious to me until I could actually locate & exercise it on the replacement unit.

Regards,
paul...
paulv is offline  
Old 01-12-2011, 02:22 AM
  #23  
Hez
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320 CDI
Today (11 Jan 2011) I stopped by the local dealer because of a noise I started hearing the day before. The noise was from BEHIND me as I was driving and sounded like a soft fluttering as would be from a slow-speed electric fan. Initially, I thought I'd left something in the back seat or trunk that some how came on and was running.
The sound finally became audible enough for a technician to hear it (I could hear it all along). They put it up on a rack and said it was coming from the fuel pump at the fuel tank. My service advisor (SA) said it was a low pressure pump that delivered fuel to the high pressure engine fuel pump.
In checking the service records and querying me about my time owning the car, he could not find any record where the AIR & FUEL FILTERS were ever changed. The car had about 46500 miles on it when I purchased it in 2007. It was a lease return vehicle. These two filters were suppose to be changed at 20,000 mile intervals.
Both items were changed and the fuel filter element "looked pretty dirty" as per the SA. He said that they had seen cases where the filter was not changed and the fuel pump in the rear labored more and more until it failed. He said the noise was gone and, hopefully, the fuel pump will be O.K. If the noise comes back, the pump will need to be replaced. We hoped for the best.
I'm puzzled that the filters would have slipped thru the cracks and not be noticed all this time. Anyway, this is my story and I'm sharing it.
I'd really like to hear from anyone who has had any similar experienced related to what I've described above. The final tab was just under $320 USD.
Happy 2011..........Hez with a 2005 E320/CDI with 93k miles
Hez is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 PM
  #24  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 84
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 Mercedes E320 Wagon
Just thought I might chime in here. Even with the PDF and the fact that this could be a DIY job, I elected to have my Indy perform the job. Today, this part goes for about $235. I got a killer hourly rate, but my indy did end up snapping a sensor bracket subsequently causing a CEL. He's since repaired this issue too. I find it apalling that a simple fuel filter is this difficult to replace. Filters are maintenance items and if MBUSA recommends they be serviced, then they should not be located in the tank. And if they are in the tank, maybe they're not meant to be maintained/serviced and we should be told that as well.

I also had my Indy perform a brake flush on the SBC brakes. Again, another technological fail on this car. I'm disappointed in the challenges this car has from a maintenance POV, but that is balanced by how wonderful it drives. I can't fault that. I just hope that after the work that's been done to this car since I took ownership in early 2009 (air filter, charcoal, oil changes, cam position sensor, aux battery, fuel filter, brake flush, etc), that basic oil changes are all that's needed until we replace it.

Last edited by aa240sx; 01-24-2011 at 01:45 PM.
aa240sx is offline  
Old 06-07-2011, 03:21 PM
  #25  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 84
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 Mercedes E320 Wagon
Just thought I should post a follow up to my fuel filter replacement since the thread above.

Sadly, I now have a malfunctioning fuel guage because of what I can only assume is related to the fuel filter being changed out earlier this year. Since it's now June, obviously it's been more of a minor inconvenience but I do wish to resolve the issue.

Basically, whenever I top off my tank, the fuel guage will not show as full. It misses the mark by two bars. I plan on reviewing the PDF's found in this thread and seeing if the following areas are either not plugged in properly, misaligned, or not working altogether

- fuel float left side
- fuel float right side
- fuel level sensor
- placement of fuel filter assembly

Have any of you experienced a bad fuel guage reading since having your fuel filters changed out and if so, care to share any solutions you found?

thanks
aa240sx is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2003 E320 Fuel Filter


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: