Mercedes is going to court on this "look now"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 2006 CLS 55 AMG 2002 F150 HARLEY
Mercedes is going to court on this "look now"

This is the release that Mercedes wanted us to sign for our Airbags depolying The only thing removed from this release is our last name and our vin#

RELEASE AGREEMENT

This Release is entered into this day of January, 2008 between Debbie (hereinafter referred to as “Releasor”) and Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC., (“MBUSA”), One Mercedes Drive, Montvale, NJ 07645, Daimler Aktiengesellschaft (“DAG”) and Mercedes-Benz of Naperville (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”.)

It is understood and agreed that for and in consideration of the full discharge of any and all past, present and future claims for or with respect to any losses or damages of any form whatsoever alleged to have arisen as a result of Releasors’ purchase, ownership, lease and/or use of a 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 vehicle, VIN A2 (hereinafter “Vehicle”) and in full and complete discharge of any asserted claims and claims that could be asserted in the future by Releasor, Releasor’s heirs, representatives, successors and assigns arising out of the purchase, ownership, lease and/or use of the Vehicle, and thereafter, as a result of the alleged actions or omissions of Releasees, all of which are expressly denied, Releasor will receive the compensation specified herein. This Release Agreement applies to all claims, whether known or unknown, on the part of Releasor and shall be a full, binding and complete settlement between Releasor and Releasees.

I

In consideration of a full and complete Release as stated above and other undertakings stated herein, Releasee, MBUSA, shall arrange for the repair and replacement of all necessary components to the Supplemental Restraint System of the Vehicle at no cost to Releasor. The repairs are to be performed at Mercedes-Benz of Naperville.

II

In further consideration of the undertaking by the Releasees under this Release, the Releasor represent that he has not filed a law suit against Releasees with respect to the Vehicle and further agrees not to do so in the future.

III

In further consideration of the undertaking by Releasees under this Release, the Releasor, being of lawful age, does hereby fully release, settle, acquit and forever discharge Releasees and all of their agents, servants or employees, from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, compensation or obligations, which the Releasor may have against Releasees on account of or in any way growing out of any alleged damages which allegedly resulted or may result from the purchase, ownership, lease and/or use of the Vehicle.

IV

It is understood and agreed that this settlement is a compromise of doubtful and disputed claims and the consideration given in connection with this Release Agreement is not intended, nor is it to be construed as an admission of liability on the part of any persons, firms or corporation hereby released.

The Releasor hereby acknowledges that the consideration set forth in Paragraph I has satisfied all obligations and duties, responsibilities and liabilities which could or might conceivably be imposed on the Releasees by the terms of this Release Agreement by the Releasor.
V
This Release is confidential and Releasor agrees that the content of this Release, including the amount of consideration paid hereunder and fact of settlement, are not to be discussed, inferred or referred to in any way by Releasor or counsel for Releasor, except for income reporting purposes, if applicable, as may be required by state or federal government or with respect to their insurance carrier for the above noted claim.
VI
It is understood and agreed by the Releasor that the terms of this Release are considered to be material contractual terms and not merely recitals and that the consideration described in this Release constitutes the entire agreement between the parties regarding the payment of any sums or the giving of any consideration in connection with this matter. This Release is intended to and does hereby bind Releasor and each and every one of Releasor’s heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, attorneys and assigns from this day forward.

The Releasor states that he has carefully read the foregoing Release, knows its contents, and has signed it as his own free act and deed.

WITNESS:
_______________________________ ________________________________
Old 02-21-2008, 03:57 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
S213 2020 E450 4Matic CDN Spec 07/19 build
How can they possibly compel you to sign that?
Old 02-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Mercedes Owners Beware

There a joke I has alot of e-mails with people wanting to see it. So i just posted it .I still dont have my car because my dealer is telling me all the parts are on back order This happen on 12/25/07.My car was towed on 12/26/07 to the dealer. Im starting to think Mb is f@cking with me over this.But i will have my day in court with them
Old 02-21-2008, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
looks like a regular release agreement. But what the hell happened?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Almost a Member!

driver side seat curtin and back door drive side airbag depolyed while my wife was driving.We dont know what caused them to go off and Mb usa wont tell us or the dealer
Old 02-21-2008, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
I have had this happen in my Honda but that was because I had a faulty sensor that caused this issue.

I say as long as they fix the car back to factory standards, it shouldnt be a problem. It could have been a faulty sensor more than likely or some sort of electrical discharge near the airbag.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Almost a Member!

i have pic but for some reason i cant post them
Old 02-22-2008, 09:13 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
As an attorney, i would advise that if you intend to go to court, keep everything to yourself until that time. Not that we're not interested, but, it could certainly affect your settlement standing.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by carpersn
As an attorney, i would advise that if you intend to go to court, keep everything to yourself until that time. Not that we're not interested, but, it could certainly affect your settlement standing.
I agree, but we would like to know the final settlement unless you are required to sign a non disclosure statement.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
this happened to a friend of mine with his X5... accept he was sitting at a stop light. BMW canceled the lease, took the X5 back and offered them a lease on a 5 series at almost cost...
Old 02-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
I posted about it in the off topic area when it happened
Old 02-22-2008, 08:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
The basic answer should be no. Why on Earth would ANYONE sign this? See an attorney first, even a TV commercial attorney would do!

Last edited by TPAbnz; 02-22-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Almost a Member!

Went to dealer today LOWENHART RIMS FOR SALE

Its been a while since i seen my car so we went to the dealer today. I had them pull my rims off and put the new one's. Keep in mind that one was bent but i dropped it off to have it fixed. They are Lowenhart lt5 black with crome lips 20x9 front and 20x10 rear the tire are Continental Sport 255/30/20 and the back are 305/25/20 tire have less than 2000 miles on them. This fit was for my cls but they fit my e500 and no they dont rub Retail is about 8k for the set with tires. Im taking all offers or the first 2k takes them Here is a pick of them from a website i will get them cleaned up and put pictures up soon
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes is going to court on this "look now"-7de1b50e381a92c11c2cb6b9a15673d0.jpg