E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Got pulled over for EXHIBITION OF SPEED !!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got pulled over for EXHIBITION OF SPEED !!!!

I need a lawyer a.s.a.p..........

Here's the deal I was driving me e350 on a side street when I came to a complete stop at a stop sign and made a hard right turn went about an extra four blocks pulled into my driveway when I noticed a cop right behind me. Long story short he said my tires broke loose and screeched for 20 feet and wrote me up for exhibition of speed and it end up being a misdemeanor charge.

1'st off I will admit to taking the turn but I my tires did not peel out for 20 feet.

2'nd when he wrote me a ticket the street he claimed I was on was completely different.

So this cop is full of b/s.

so now i need a good lawyer, i tired to extend the ticket as much as i could but the judge said "YOU BETTER SHOW UP WITH A LAWYER ON MARCH 28'TH "

I need help any one have a good lawyer that has a good track record?

P. s the ticket was in Los Angeles but the court is on Sepulveda near LAX airport.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Go back to the street and see if there are any tread marks that would indicate a 20 second long traction loss. It's not even possible with ESP on.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
good luck, I got one for "demonstration of acceleration" a long time ago, I plead no contest and had a small fine, no points, no school.....
Old 03-10-2008, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 983 Likes on 719 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by YoYo-G
I need a lawyer a.s.a.p..........

Here's the deal I was driving me e350 on a side street when I came to a complete stop at a stop sign and made a hard right turn went about an extra four blocks pulled into my driveway when I noticed a cop right behind me. Long story short he said my tires broke loose and screeched for 20 feet and wrote me up for exhibition of speed and it end up being a misdemeanor charge.

1'st off I will admit to taking the turn but I my tires did not peel out for 20 feet.

2'nd when he wrote me a ticket the street he claimed I was on was completely different.

So this cop is full of b/s.

so now i need a good lawyer, i tired to extend the ticket as much as i could but the judge said "YOU BETTER SHOW UP WITH A LAWYER ON MARCH 28'TH "

I need help any one have a good lawyer that has a good track record?

P. s the ticket was in Los Angeles but the court is on Sepulveda near LAX airport.

Good old Sepulvada Blvd. I got done for doing 85 in a 35. It was a good thing that I had slowed down by the time I came out from under the runway.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
once this is all over with, be sure to add that idiot cop to rateacop.com
Old 03-11-2008, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
IF you go to court I would have all the Mercedes information on the SBC system to show it is designed to prevent wheel spin. Use the owners manual and go to the MB home website and see if you can get the technical write up on the system. Also check the service manual for the technical information.

This way you can use the MB design basis to show the car is not designed for wheel spin. The least they might say is malfunction of the system vs intentional Hot Rodding.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:44 AM

E320
ouch, go take some pictures... it can help. Try traffic school if possible, i got a ticket for a rolling stop a few months back. It ended up costing 215 with traffic school. Good luck, follow up please!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:07 AM

2003 E500
Originally Posted by rawimpact
ouch, go take some pictures... it can help. Try traffic school if possible, i got a ticket for a rolling stop a few months back. It ended up costing 215 with traffic school. Good luck, follow up please!
Traffic school is not allowed for misdemeanors such as an Exhibition of Speed ticket.

I got one about 5 or 6 years ago in Los Angeles and when I went to court to fight it, they ended up reducing it to a speeding violation so I just paid a few hundred dollars and did nothing else.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by vettdvr
IF you go to court I would have all the Mercedes information on the SBC system to show it is designed to prevent wheel spin. Use the owners manual and go to the MB home website and see if you can get the technical write up on the system. Also check the service manual for the technical information.

This way you can use the MB design basis to show the car is not designed for wheel spin. The least they might say is malfunction of the system vs intentional Hot Rodding.

SBC is the Brake system ...

Sensotronic Brake Control Sensotronic electrohydraulic braking transmits brake pressure individually to each wheel based on driver input and various vehicle parameters. Sensotronic more precisely controls brake pressure at each wheel in normal braking, emergency stopping and ESP activity.1 Soft Stop precisely modulates brake pressure as the car approaches a stop during normal braking. Automatic brake drying applies the brakes lightly and briefly based on windshield wiper use and driver braking intervals, to reduce moisture on the brake surfaces in wet weather. Predictive brake priming sets the brake pads near to the discs when the driver quickly releases the accelerator, for faster brake response.

ESP is what he needs to show the Court

Electronic Stability Program (ESP) Standard ESP compares the driver's intended course, via steering and braking inputs, to the vehicle's response, via lateral acceleration, rotation (yaw) and individual wheel speeds. ESP then brakes individual front or rear wheels and/or reduces excess engine power as needed to help correct understeer (plowing) or oversteer (fishtailing). ESP also integrates all-speed traction control, which senses drive-wheel slip under acceleration and individually brakes the slipping wheel or wheels, and/or reduces excess engine power, until control is regained.

IF The ESP switch was ON then there was NO way the car would do wheelspin ...If the ESP was off then the car will have limited wheel spin
with the Warning light on.

Fight the Ticket!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:10 PM

ML
LOL!!! Impossible, even with low pressure tires.

You don't even need a lawyer for this. Do like AsianML and Vettdvr advice. Take pictures, get the manuals and also get a vehicle service report to show that you have serviced your vehicle to spec. There's no way you can be stuffed on this one, if you play your evidence cards right. Like I said, you don't need a lawyer, just time to stand in line in Traffic Court.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Almost a Member!

Cool Pulled over

Well my friend welcome to the year 2008 (especially here in Chicago Suburbs)
where the cops are promoted by number of citations written.

With your particular auto it would be something "written up in Car&Driver if it could actually perform that!!

As most all of you on here know, it is maddening to have a performance vehicle that is safe to take a turn at "25MPHS" when a "Soccer Mom" talking on the phone while weaving accross 2 lanes is given a pass"

I see it everyday...when will the cops just go back to protecting us against REAL CRIME and leave us alone?....probably never..

Too much cash to be made..it is LAW now that the suburbs here can arrest you, and you have to pay THEM instead of the state for your "crime".

That is why I sold my triple black vette and bought a Mercedes.

Sucks...but I LOVE my E500!!!

I would fight it if I were you.....
Old 04-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Almost a Member!

Angry Another post about COPS and Soccer Moms

I was driving my vehicle down a 4 lane (speed limit 35) suburb here in Schaumburg Illinoisl last year when a Soccer Mom ran up against my fender with a TAHOE SUV.

1 foot away and blasting her horn and brights. when ?I pulled over I asked the ***** what the hell was her problem?

She said Quote "You people with your Mercedes and Motorcycles think you own the road, I have young children in here".

Perception among vehicles is big, small minds are numerous here....
Old 04-10-2008, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you need a good traffic lawyer, I have one.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2005 e320 4matic wagon (wifes)
The points listed above about pictures and explaining the ESP are great and you should do that. Additionally if the street listed is wrong you are off on a technicality, all information contained in the ticket must be correct. Also it is not illegal to go around a corner fast, as long as traction is not lost you are allowed to take the corner at the posted speed. I have gotten off on this ticket multiple times for coming off a 35mph street with a green light onto another 35mph street never slowing down or leaving lanes. Its not illegal, just fun, its the systems loophole that allows one moment of fun in an otherwise mundane driving experience.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
Looking fwd to an update from YoYo-G.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 M113K
Originally Posted by Vik888
Looking fwd to an update from YoYo-G.
+1