E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Thanks for scratching my tint and breaking my seat.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E240
Thanks for scratching my tint and breaking my seat.

Here is a story about a total lack of respect:

The other day I was in an accident, which ****ing sucks. I stopped at the light and this decrepit old grandma couldn't see the change from green to red nor the fact my car was stationary, and hit the back of me.

After going through the insurance company who were very well mannered, formal, etc I go to check out my car at the lot of the smash repairist, he said it would be ready friday, ahead of schedule. I think great no probs, it gets to friday I call him up he said there have been some delays its now monday. No problem, that is still ahead of schedule. I go there to pick up my car everything looks great, on the exterior. The interior of my car is a light beige, and now it is covered in ****ing labourer greese stains. I say to him WTF is this, he just says "Yeah sorry about that you might want to get it cleaned". At this point I was thinking 'grab the wrench and knock his teeth out'. But I'm not going to jail over some ****ing smash repairist that probably has an extra chromosome. I make a formal complaint with the insurance company, they said they have been having issues with him and they are probably going to terminate business with him now. I win.

Anyway I drive off to go to the car wash and as I'm driving, I go to put my drink bottle in my drink bottle holder, it is like the first aid drawer under the passenger seat but under the driver seat. The latches have been broken off, I think wtf that could not be from the accident, those retards have broken my drawer door. I get to the car wash, its ****ed, and so is the side panal. Obviously what has happened is someone has jumped into my car and probably kicked it on the way in. I make another formal complaint with the insurance company but they say that I will have to bring my car back to the smash repairist to get that fixed, screw that it will probs cost me more to clean the car again after they have ****ed with it for the day. I ended up calling MB and getting them to just order in the parts for me so I wouldn't have to deal with incompetence.

I get my car back from the cleaner after all of this is done, and the ****ing retard has scratched my tint. He probably had something in his rag and he scratched it horizontally along the bottom of the front pass window. He says it isnt him its the car, I know that is bull**** because the windows haven't been down and before I drove it over I inspected the windows as I only got it tinted 3 weeks ago and wanted to make sure the retards at the smash yard didn't screw up anything else. Plus putting the windows down makes a VERTICAL scratch not a HORIZONTAL one. They treat me like an idiot and offer me a free car wash, I just want it replaced I say. But they refuse to.

These ****ing labourers, show some respect for others property. Its not my fault that I managed to save my money for 3 years of gross bar work and buy a decent car. Just a total lack of respect that goes on with these people.
They need to get it through their heads that their work is not a necessity in society, anyone can do it. It's not like they are doctors or lawyers where a degree of sophistication and intelligence is necessary in order to complete a task.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:25 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 CLA Motorsport Edition, 2015 G550, 2012 GLK350
I feel for ya! I know, I hate turning my car over to someone else. I had a body shop offer a detail job after they repaired my car. ended up with swirl marks from hell!!! Took me a very long weekend to buff it out and it still isn't right. Hope things turn around for ya.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:27 PM

-
I hear you.......

****ing people who fix cars for living. with no degree of sophistication and/or intelligence.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:30 PM

-
But on the side note, body shop does hack **** up.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:42 AM

GL350
I feel for you mate and definately dont wanna **** you off more then you already are,but once you claimed the accident and the insurance pays for it,why didn't you just take your car to Benz???
Old 08-23-2008, 08:11 PM

2003 E240
I did, to order the seat parts, and to give it a further inspection. But when I called the insurance company to complain about it they said I would have to bring it in there for inspection again and to get the smash repairist in etc before any fixing could be done. Rather than being out a car for a day or two and dealing with a retard I just wanted to pay MB and get the situation sorted because I need a car every day for work etc. There is just a point where everything becomes a hassell, like going to the ATM to get cash out, sometimes would rather use the credit card and pay the fee.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:53 AM

02 ML320 Sport, 04 350z,06 E350 4matic
Man I hate repair shops. The repair shop that the local MB deasler uses is pretty good though. they are an affiliate so they work on non MB brands as well. I took my old Honda Prelude there and was still treated right and the car was treated with respect. Hope everything works out.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by motioneffects
I hear you.......

****ing people who fix cars for living. with no degree of sophistication and/or intelligence.
hmm gee an over generalized ignorant statement here... Completely false I might add too...

I myself am in the business of auto repair, we have had the same garage in the family for well over 35years.

To the OP, no offense, but you seem to complain a lot... first off it sounds like you went to the insurance company's recomended body shop...I would of brought it directly to a local MB certified shop, there is a different level of service that comes with a certified shop, its built in to the price of labor per hour, where an insurance recomended repair facility is prolly the cheapest hourly rate.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:27 PM

-
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
hmm gee an over generalized ignorant statement here... Completely false I might add too...

I myself am in the business of auto repair, we have had the same garage in the family for well over 35years.

To the OP, no offense, but you seem to complain a lot... first off it sounds like you went to the insurance company's recomended body shop...I would of brought it directly to a local MB certified shop, there is a different level of service that comes with a certified shop, its built in to the price of labor per hour, where an insurance recomended repair facility is prolly the cheapest hourly rate.

Ha, I guess you didn't get my joke. I thought you would read my "Vehicle I drive: I fix benz" to the left. Im in the automotive business as well. Im a tech at a MB dealer.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by motioneffects
Ha, I guess you didn't get my joke. I thought you would read my "Vehicle I drive: I fix benz" to the left. Im in the automotive business as well. Im a tech at a MB dealer.
my apologies... lots of us are fixing benzes... LOL
Old 08-26-2008, 09:29 AM

2003 E240
You can't do that in my country with my insurance company, which is one of the largest in Australia, whoever they elect to do the job (the cheapest person) gets the job, end of story, alternatively, pay for it yourself. Otherwise I would bring it to guys like you that do take an enormous amount of pride in your work which is clearly supported by a long line of experience.

There is a local MB certified mechanic that has been working on Benz's for 38 years near me, the man is dominant. If there was a problem I wouldn't hesitate to bring it to him. But when dealing with insurance companies here, they just give you any old guy that is usually use to fixing Toyotas. Its just the way it is.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

so its they pay for all of it or nothing? you cant pay for the difference?
Old 08-29-2008, 05:10 AM

2003 E240
No sorry I mean you have to pay the difference, but it was a pretty big smash and the people that did it repaired a 6k panel instead of replacing it, everyone else was saying replace it because it is too much effort to repair. It would have cost so much more money, which I think is ridiculous, seeing as I pay them every year to insure it. But then they would make no money. It is just lame, I'm over it now I am just glad I have my car back, I missed it, I don't like when people hurt it.