E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Help... I think I accidentally reset my service status

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350E
Unhappy Help... I think I accidentally reset my service status

I have 2006 E350 with 15400 miles. My car service indicator came on few days ago showing "Service G" in 20 days. I followed the FSS instruction (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/92554-service-e-class-211-usa.html) to view my service items... however, I think I accidentally reset the service status instead. I clicked on "Confirmation" -> "Full Confirmation" thinking it was going to show me my last service confirmation items... or so I thought. Now my car shows "Service C" in 365 days.

What did I just do and is there still a way to view my "Service G" items? Also, if I really did wipe out my service status, how do I get it serviced at the dealer?

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by lae350
I have 2006 E350 with 15400 miles. My car service indicator came on few days ago showing "Service G" in 20 days. I followed the FSS instruction (https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92554) to view my service items... however, I think I accidentally reset the service status instead. I clicked on "Confirmation" -> "Full Confirmation" thinking it was going to show me my last service confirmation items... or so I thought. Now my car shows "Service C" in 365 days.

What did I just do and is there still a way to view my "Service G" items? Also, if I really did wipe out my service status, how do I get it serviced at the dealer?

Thanks.
Take it to the dealer and tell them what happened and you need service G. They should have a record of what has been done to your car and can do the maintenance then reset the FSS. All you need is $$$$$
Old 09-23-2008, 01:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
Trust me, you do NOT need service G with only 15,400 miles on an '06 MB. IF anything, you did what MB would do. They will prolly give you an oil change, & inspection (basically a service A). Then the would reset your system, which would prolly give you the Serv. C which you now see. How I know? I had a serv. F with only 32K on my '05 E500. MB serviced the car, did NOT perform the items listed for serv. F (spark plugs, charcoal canister, fuel filter etc due to low mileage and MY), and now I have a Serv. D due in 12K miles.

As vettedvr stated, take the car in, and if they're honest, they should perform a 15K mile maint. and you're good to go. I strongly advise against letting them change anything other than what is scheduled in your MB maint. book.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by gnma
Trust me, you do NOT need service G with only 15,400 miles on an '06 MB. IF anything, you did what MB would do. They will prolly give you an oil change, & inspection (basically a service A). Then the would reset your system, which would prolly give you the Serv. C which you now see. How I know? I had a serv. F with only 32K on my '05 E500. MB serviced the car, did NOT perform the items listed for serv. F (spark plugs, charcoal canister, fuel filter etc due to low mileage and MY), and now I have a Serv. D due in 12K miles.

As vettedvr stated, take the car in, and if they're honest, they should perform a 15K mile maint. and you're good to go. I strongly advise against letting them change anything other than what is scheduled in your MB maint. book.

Correct at 15,400 miles you don't need G. I misread it to be 154000.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 E500 Benz & 2015 BMW M235ix
Originally Posted by gnma

where can I find what services are due for each Service Letter Code? My 2003 E500 with 58,000 miles at first showed that another B Service was due, but after continuing to drive it for another 200 miles, it now shows I need a C Service? I'm taking it in to my MB Dealer for the service next Monday.