E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Service/parts frustration - just venting...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service/parts frustration - just venting...

I had an appointment today to have my wood (charcoal, black birdseye maple sport) wheel installed as I was told it was to arrive yesterday. I brought it in first thing, apparently with the rest of Southern California as I've never seen so many people in a service area before (must have been 100 all in all) and waited in the lounge. It was supposed to take an hour. 45 minutes later, my service rep came to tell me they can't find the wheel, so they got the parts manager and another person to go look through the warehouse for it. 20 - 30 minutes later, they came back to tell me it was never delivered because the warehouse showed there was one where there wasn't, so one had to be shipped from Baltimore. Well, it was over an hour and I have wasted the time because there is no wheel - decided to take the free car wash and go, making another appointment for Monday.

GRRRR!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
eeeek...a dealer car wash on your brand new car!!!

Did they use two buckets? Did they use 2 mitts?

These guys on this forum have got me washing my own car

and following all the rules of washing and detailing. I think maybe they will have to work on you next.

Even EDJ is washing his own car (2 buckets, 2 mitts) and applying Zaino faithfully.

Ed
Old 01-10-2003, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL We're like the car detailing apostles. Spread the word brothers!:p
Old 01-11-2003, 01:01 AM

I wash my Porsche myself, but since the E500 is a lease, and it is silver (a VERY easy color to maintain) I don't mind having them wash it. I've seen their equipment and they even use a very high quality synthetic chammy for drying...

I do my own waxing, though, for all my cars...Zymol
Old 01-13-2003, 09:59 AM

W211 & Q7
I am too old to wash my car

I did wash and wax my bimmer but I let the machine does the jobs for cars now. (I feel I am too old to do it and the machine does a pretty good job -- not the dealer's machine, I tried a couple of car wash shops and found a good one on route 18)
Old 01-13-2003, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Question Re: I am too old to wash my car

Originally posted by Otto
I did wash and wax my bimmer but I let the machine does the jobs for cars now. (I feel I am too old to do it and the machine does a pretty good job -- not the dealer's machine, I tried a couple of car wash shops and found a good one on route 18)
Which one?
I live just off of US1 and i am yet to find a good machine washer in that area.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 E320 Obs Black/Ash
Re: I am too old to wash my car

Originally posted by Otto
I would not consider myself old - but I have 2 small kids and would rather spend time with them than wash and wax cars in 30-degree weather. I live and work near your area (near Rt 18 in NJ) and would like to know which car wash you have liked?
Old 01-13-2003, 03:54 PM

W211 & Q7
wow, a lot of members live here

We should drive there and wash cars together.

The reason that I did not mention the name of car wash because I think I should not advertise any car wash businesses in this forum but it seems some members may benifit from knowing a good car wash place.

It is "Brunswick Circle Car Wash" and I like "wheel deal". I wash both my new benz and bmw there.

I tried one in Oak Tree Road, Edison and another one in Mutchen; both scratch paint so I would rather drive 20 to 30 minutes to route 18 for my car wash. (I sugguest you get there in the early mornings, you get a better service when there is few cars.)

I am 42 (old???) but I have not washed my cars by myself since my son was born. (spend more time with him instead of my cars.)