E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

EXhaust Mod Gone Wrong E350 07 Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E350 sport
EXhaust Mod Gone Wrong E350 07 Sport

I did a resonator and secondary cat removal on my 07 sport E350..Wow big mistake..Sounds so raspy and Ghetto.I noticed no one has done this setup oin this model so I wanted to be the testie..The sound is kinda high pitched at low RPM...it gets pretty deep at higher gears in low RPM but not really a good sound..Stock sounds much stronger..When I rev in park..Well sounds like garbage..really cheap..ewww nasty...The air coming out of the tips also in the back of my car sounds really weird and nasty as well..At idle its not even giving an exhaust sound but more a sound of lots of air being pushed out..(Prob because of the straight pipes)..First thing I can assume is too much air is comming through and not enough resistance that is why the exhaust in the rear sounds like it is choking at idle..Let me add that I removed 1 exhaust just to see what it sounded like free flowing just in case gutting exhaust was an option..Sounded like a freakn boat at idle and horrible when reving.

Mods on Forum are x pipe and h pipes and muffler replacements..
Lets get some positive ideas on how to give this a meatier sound..First without removing exhaust and just subbing straight with x or h..Ideas please!!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:09 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
[quote=bahador;3370331]I did a resonator and secondary cat removal on my 07 sport E350..Wow big mistake..Sounds so raspy and Ghetto.I noticed no one has done this setup oin this model so I wanted to be the testie..The sound is kinda high pitched at low RPM...it gets pretty deep at higher gears in low RPM but not really a good sound..Stock sounds much

Here is how to fix your exhaust properly

1 get an magnaflow Xpipe and put it where your resonator used to be..

2 get 2 high flow bullet resonators that are for single exhaust pipes like the magnaflows, and put them 1/2 way between the X-pipe ( after it )
and before the mufflers

3 put a high flow racing cat back on where you deleted the other ones,
a 200 or 300 cell,

4. if you can afford it, get a better muffler, like the remus universal, its not expensive only about $300 ea, and put in place of your mufflers with the AMG tips, looks good and sounds better.

guarantee it will solve your problem and make the exhaust sound amazing..
Old 03-02-2009, 03:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
wheels

Off topic but wha kind of wheels are you running and what size, i love your sign pic, the offset is so aggresive, how did you fix your camber- my HRE dont even sit that far out and plus its hard to tell since I ave so much camber

Originally Posted by bahador
I did a resonator and secondary cat removal on my 07 sport E350..Wow big mistake..Sounds so raspy and Ghetto.I noticed no one has done this setup oin this model so I wanted to be the testie..The sound is kinda high pitched at low RPM...it gets pretty deep at higher gears in low RPM but not really a good sound..Stock sounds much stronger..When I rev in park..Well sounds like garbage..really cheap..ewww nasty...The air coming out of the tips also in the back of my car sounds really weird and nasty as well..At idle its not even giving an exhaust sound but more a sound of lots of air being pushed out..(Prob because of the straight pipes)..First thing I can assume is too much air is comming through and not enough resistance that is why the exhaust in the rear sounds like it is choking at idle..Let me add that I removed 1 exhaust just to see what it sounded like free flowing just in case gutting exhaust was an option..Sounded like a freakn boat at idle and horrible when reving.

Mods on Forum are x pipe and h pipes and muffler replacements..
Lets get some positive ideas on how to give this a meatier sound..First without removing exhaust and just subbing straight with x or h..Ideas please!!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:42 PM

07 E350 sport
THNKS FOR REPLYS..Is there any clips with this setup.I heard lots of clips with magnaflows..Mixed feelings on different setups..I love deep meaty sounding exhaust..No homo....Not high pitched raspy..Love to hear a clip if u can direct..

My rims offset our 20x8.5 and 20x10..20mm and 40mm offsets..The back scrapes on bumps..But I am currently having the inside of my rims shaved for the back to have them fit..Rim shop said max 5mm I can shave to keep the integrity of the rim..Hope it works..but ya the offset is pretty damn aggresive it looks like a beast from the back the way they stick out
Old 03-02-2009, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
Can you post sound clips?
Old 03-02-2009, 03:51 PM

07 E350 sport
Ya ill take a sound clip asap
Old 03-03-2009, 06:21 PM

07 E350 sport
my phone has the worst audio..the clips sound like garbage and I dont have a digital camera..sorryyyy...

Any help please on setups..I heard a clk500 with exhaust removed..but kept on resonator and cats..do you think this will sound good..Ya I know my have a e350 but I was wondering about the setup
Old 03-03-2009, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
I love deep meaty sounding exhaust..No homo....Not high pitched raspy..
I don't think you will get that out of a V6.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
my phone has the worst audio..the clips sound like garbage and I dont have a digital camera..sorryyyy...

Any help please on setups..I heard a clk500 with exhaust removed..but kept on resonator and cats..do you think this will sound good..Ya I know my have a e350 but I was wondering about the setup

As far as you know, how many cat. converters are fitted in the exhaust? From what I understand, there are four in total, does that make sense? If this is the case, here is my suggestion as I am trying to do something similar to you in some respect. Brabus offers for the M272 V6 engine a package they call the B7. The B7 package can be fitted on all M272 engines and consists of their cat-back exhaust system coupled with four (they call them monoliths) which I found out specifically are 300 Cell cats with some type of special gel-coating on the inside. They claim that together, these exhaust components can get the car up to about an even 200whp.

This makes sense to me as I have had a chance to dyno the car w/ the just the Brabus cat-back exhaust from this package and the car made 191whp. That means that about 9 whp are accounted for by adding these 4 300 cell cats. The reason I am telling you all of this is because not only does this setup make real hp, but it will likely sound very good, and not overdone as yours seems to have come out.

While you may not be able to afford the specific Brabus parts I'm talking about (not many can, or would purchase if they could) you could definatly take some cues from the R&D already done on the exhaust side of the M272 engine. Clearly, there is some power to made from the restrictive cat. converter set up. I've found 300 cell cats. available on EBay for about $120 shipped. Coupled with any free-flowing cat-back exhaust for the car you should be able to make some better power while also achieving a sound that is more suitable to your ears, w/o overdoing it.

Here is the language of the description of the B7 package from brabus.com

BRABUS B7
Base:
E350 (W211)
Power enhancement by back pressure lowering metal-catalytic converter (four monoliths with a full
OBD II suitability). The kit is completed by a matching stainless-steel end-muffler.

Technical data:
Displacement cm³ 3498
Compression ratio 10,7 : 1
Torque Nm 360 (350)
at min-1 2400 - 5000
Power output kW/PS 211 / 287 (200 / 272)
at min-1 6000
Old 03-04-2009, 09:37 PM

07 E350 sport
Wow..Great info..Gonna take a look into this but kinda broke right now..So replacing the cats is def an idea..Im checking video clips and so far sounds clips are pretty good with the eiseman setup..also for some reason cheap *** magnaflows sound really good...I cant find too many clips for the e350 so I am looking for clk350s because they have a similiar setup..Ill keep you guys posted..I tried taking a sound clip from my lg dare phone and it sounded like poop..any suggestions on recording a clip without it sounding like ***..
Old 05-02-2010, 09:05 PM

A few toys & 07' E350 4matic w/AMG sport packg.
So removing the resonators and adding an x-pipe sounds like what? Thinking about it...
Old 05-02-2010, 09:40 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I'm gonna guess pretty crappy. I've heard lots of Exhaust on 350 motors that sound waay too nearing "ricey" to be appropriate for a classy Luxury Sedan, and I've heard a sound-clip or two that sound okay. Again, I'm a staunch V8 guy when it comes to engine sound harmonics.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by K-A
I'm gonna guess pretty crappy. I've heard lots of Exhaust on 350 motors that sound waay too nearing "ricey" to be appropriate for a classy Luxury Sedan, and I've heard a sound-clip or two that sound okay. Again, I'm a staunch V8 guy when it comes to engine sound harmonics.
Put Brabus E350 in youtube search, I think that sounds great.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:51 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Hmm, I checked it out, there were a couple, I guess it depends on the setup. The one with the X-Pipe and no Resonator sounded just like your typical Honda with an exhaust to me. Maybe I'd have to hear it in person. I think the 3.5 sounds pretty good at WOT, meaning the engine itself. It has a nice deep roar to it for a V6, just unfortunately for 6'ers, that doesn't always translate to the tailpipes.

Motor Trend (or one of the Magazines) had tested an SLK350 when it came out, and said the exhaust wailed like a "baby Ferrari", or something like that, so I think it's safe to say the engine "sound good for a V6".
Old 05-03-2010, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
the stock 350 sounds pretty good IMO opinion (320 sounds like crap, uuuhhhhh). had a c350 loaner and it had a nice touch to it. i'm sure the slk sounds even better.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:32 AM

Guess I will have to see, maybe experiment with this.

Is everything bolted on or welded on the factory exhaust? My friends BMW is all bolted up from the factory and your able to remove pieces.