E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Beware of BuyMBparts.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1992 500E
At least at the mbworld level it would be worth having a separate vendor review section where, either in the form of a poll or as a thread, each vendor is listed or added by members along with their experience.

This way, we can look for positively rated vendors based on their most recent reviews. An active community can help weed out the shills and counter biased reviews in either direction.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
71 6.3
As the founder of the BuyMBparts trade name that trent fiorini now controls (which is a mystery in itself as he does not actually seem to own the name), i'm pained every time i hear these stories. i am told i should not get involved and let things resolve themselves, but this has been going on for half a year now and nothing is resolved. the pattern of taking money, not shipping and then running away is working quite well for him and there is no end in sight without active intervention against him

trent has been fairly cynical throughout this. he mentions that he is a former deputy sheriff, perhaps to indicate that local law enforcement will be unwilling to act against his (which, to date, they seem unwilling to do despite multiple complaints). he has also angrily chastised his victims, indicating that they have been paid off by the credit card company so they have no business complaining. it is remarkable and one would expect it take its course and put trent out of business, but it does no such thing as he continues on with the pattern and will likely be able to do so until he is actively stopped or he defrauds many many many more of the thousands of customers on MY former customers list

remarkable and disconcerting and something i think ALL interested parties, myself included, need to be doing a lot more to put a stop to

gary hurst
www.buyeuroparts.com
originator of BuyMBparts and the only true successor to that legacy

Originally Posted by arifk
I also ordered parts from Trent at BuyMBParts.biz on 27 September. To date (Oct 9), I've not received the parts. Early last week I spoke to Trent and he promised that the parts had shipped and he would send the tracking number, which never arrived. This week, all attempts to reach Trent have failed and as a result I've disputed the charges with my cc and will go elsewhere to get my parts.

I would like to think that their [buymbparts] intent is to run an honest business and that they are suffering from multiple failures: business inexperience, poor expectation management and most of all failure to own up to the problems and aggressively work to resolve them in favor of the customers that are their life blood.

So, at least as late as October of 2013, I would have to second the sentiments expressed here about this vendor and advise that people buy from another vendor.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:28 AM

36 of them
Gary,

Simply put, you're full of it. I've heard plenty of stories of how you screwed your customer base doing web sales and Rusty would disavow it because it was you, not him. No, you're not "founder of the BuyMBparts trade name". That was purely Rusty, back in the day that he ran a purely phone based business and was an active member of the old Veterans mailing list in the 90s. Richard Sexton build him the first web site and somewhere along the line, you got involved. Day 1? Don't know and don't care. The old mailing archives were still on line last I checked.

The *.biz URLs have not been renewed. They'll all disappear this month unless Trent gets his act together and pays for the renewal. So far, he hasn't bothered and with their demise, hopefully this thread will wither and die.

-CTH
Old 10-12-2013, 04:10 PM

2004 E320 Wagon , 1973 280ce , 1969 280se
CTH, This thread may fade away eventually, as they all do, but the shameful & dishonest treatment that so many of us long standing & new Buymbparts.biz customers have received from Trent will linger on and not be forgotten. I could care less about who started this business ages ago. It is the current management that is causing all of the reports about parts not being sent out after they're paid for....

Last edited by 67300se5spd; 10-12-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:49 PM

36 of them
that, I don't doubt. Not easy to forget somebody that done you wrong. -CTH
Old 10-26-2013, 01:14 PM

71 6.3
you are a complete liar and fool, hart. buymbparts was my trade name. no one denies this. not even rusty, who has publicly endorsed me. who did you hear these stories from? i suspect you made them up as i don't hear these stories from over 10,000 customers. admit that rusty told you these stories when he was angry that i left him.

i suggest you talk to richard or jaime or a hundred other people who you know as they can all tell you that what you are saying is all lies. you once emailed saying you are friends to all and that you wish to take no sides, but you have spent four years since going around the internet telling these terrible untrue stories about me so as to promote your own interests in buymbparts.biz.

the fact is that you are the owner of buymbparts.biz and thereby partners with trent. you are about the worst person i've ever known.

Originally Posted by cth350
Gary,

Simply put, you're full of it. I've heard plenty of stories of how you screwed your customer base doing web sales and Rusty would disavow it because it was you, not him. No, you're not "founder of the BuyMBparts trade name". That was purely Rusty, back in the day that he ran a purely phone based business and was an active member of the old Veterans mailing list in the 90s. Richard Sexton build him the first web site and somewhere along the line, you got involved. Day 1? Don't know and don't care. The old mailing archives were still on line last I checked.

The *.biz URLs have not been renewed. They'll all disappear this month unless Trent gets his act together and pays for the renewal. So far, he hasn't bothered and with their demise, hopefully this thread will wither and die.

-CTH
Old 10-26-2013, 01:31 PM

71 6.3
what charles hart says privately

quite different from the lies he tells here. and why dont you ask richard who the original buymbparts website was for and who was brought on? because it's easier to go around the internet for 4 years slandering and you might feel guilty when you are told you've been lying about me? why don't you ask jaime? why don't you live by your own words, charles hart, last owner of record for buymbparts.biz? i am asking you to give me a hand and stop telling lies about me in public!

Charles T Hart <cth350@verizon.net>
10/26/09

to me

Gary,

I am a middle of the road guy, considering myself a friend of yours and a friend of Rusty's (and even a friend of Richard's).

I have been helping Rusty get him back on top of things, but yes, anything you tell me is in strict confidence. Likewise, I need to keep Rusty's stuff private.

I'm not a web guy. I'm not the right guy for doing IT support, which is why my helping Rusty will be short term at best.

I've never been a fan of the worldpac system. I've purchased parts through it from Rock Auto (for my suburban), but I've never put an order into it for anything else. I can't speak to it's worth to anybody, it's worth nothing to me.

If I can give you a hand, please feel free to ask.

Thx -CTH

Old 10-26-2013, 01:33 PM

90 350SDL, 94 S420, 97 SL500, 97 S420
Charlie,

Don't you have ownership or interest in Trent's business and/or domain? Maybe I'm confused, but I was of the understanding that you had some sort of interest, financial or otherwise?

Just curious...
Old 10-26-2013, 01:36 PM

90 350SDL, 94 S420, 97 SL500, 97 S420
Originally Posted by lwb250
Charlie,

Don't you have ownership or interest in Trent's business and/or domain? Maybe I'm confused, but I was of the understanding that you had some sort of interest, financial or otherwise?

Just curious...
Nevermind. Looks like that was affirmed in a previous post.

Now I'm really confused. Would you care to address this, as it presents a real conflict as far as statements you have made?
Old 10-26-2013, 01:57 PM

71 6.3
i don't believe charles hart's interests are financial at core

Originally Posted by lwb250
Nevermind. Looks like that was affirmed in a previous post.

Now I'm really confused. Would you care to address this, as it presents a real conflict as far as statements you have made?

i think he has been duped by a bunch of lies and has slandered me for 4 years with the venom of a zealot true believer. yes, he is the last owner of record of buymbparts.biz and perhaps essentially partners in crime with trent, but he does it out of genuine hatred stemming from true conviction

he claims to be my friend, but he doesn't even care to ask me to respond to allegations a very angry and interested party had made against me, but simply repeats them as fact wherever he goes. he claims to be friends with richard sexton, who (along with dozens of people he knows well) can definitely clarify matters, but he makes no such inquiry. why not? because he wants to be vicious against somebody, their innocence be damned? it is certainly telling on his character.

charles hart, you are the worst human being i have ever encountered. i urge you to verify your facts before you go proclaiming, but what does someone like you care about "facts"?
Old 10-26-2013, 03:09 PM

36 of them
Gary,

That is one thing you got right, namely that I owned the domain name on Rusty's behalf because I used to be his mr fixit on the web stuff. I didn't take on that role for Trent, he didn't ask; he didn't offer. Based on the feedback I got from this thread, I told Trent that I wasn't going to renew it. I was willing to transfer it to to him but he couldn't get out of his own way to make that happen and it expired about 10 days ago and so Trent's web store is crippled. He registered a new domain on or about Oct 1st and notified his customers about it. I tossed the email so I can't tell you the new name, not that anybody here is going to be shopping it any time soon.

So the folks who posted their negative experiences here can find some small comfort in knowing their voice was heard and that what goes around comes around.

-CTH
Old 10-26-2013, 03:48 PM

36 of them
lwb250, Sorry, I missed your two posts while I was replying to Gary's note (that's what I get for going by the email update rather than eyeballing the thread). I stated my relationship to Rusty as it existed at the time of the posting #19 of this thread (back in June of this year). I didn't include the long, boring background story that lead up to it at that time.

I was a customer of Rusty's for as long as he's been around selling. He was a benz owner on the old veteran Mercedes's mailing list (the car being a veteran model, not the listers being ex-military). I was buying parts from him when he hired Gary to help him do stuff. Here's the oldest post I was able to find in the mailing list archive mentioning both Gary & Rusty (not that I tried to hard to find anything older)...
http://archives.mbz.org/ll/1999/Dec/Vol_1_Num_351/

When Gary & Rusty got divorced, Gary sold the old *.com web site URL to somebody else leaving Rusty screwed. I spent a long weekend reconstructing it from Richard Sexton's original pages and got a new one back up with the "new" *.biz URL. From that time until Rusty sold out, I made little snips and tweaks to it for Rusty, changing dates, adding a photo, updating his specials page when he'd remember to tell me that he was running a sale on something. I got paid in parts for my rather minor labors; it was a deal that worked well enough until Rusty sold out.

My first post on this thread is from October 2009. Chronologically it's #13. In it I point out that Gary & Rusty were business partners up until the start of 2009 (I got that date from Rusty) and I pointed out that until that time, Rusty was never really in charge of his own website. It was built by Richard Sexton and managed by Gary Hurst. In other words, any complaints you read about in the first 12 posts were directed at Gary, not Rusty, since they talk about being screwed by the guy running the website, not the fellows answering the phone. The very first post talks about the guy on the phone not wanting to do a refund for an website error. The distanced relationship between Gary & Rusty is the explanation behind that one.

-CTH
Old 10-26-2013, 10:07 PM

71 6.3
you have 12 complaints here? or one guy who felt he didn't get a refund fast enough? what further "screwings" do you know about about? tell me the 12 that you see here.

you are a lying animal, hart. you admit to the be the owner of the website that trent robbed so many people from. you knew these thefts were going on but you did nothing to stop them from happening ON YOUR WEBSITE

you sick twisted lying freak. i going to tell richard you are lying about him and his relationship with me and rusty as well. he will expose you further shortly.

you sick twisted lying freak

lwb250, Sorry, I missed your two posts while I was replying to Gary's note (that's what I get for going by the email update rather than eyeballing the thread). I stated my relationship to Rusty as it existed at the time of the posting #19 of this thread (back in June of this year). I didn't include the long, boring background story that lead up to it at that time.

I was a customer of Rusty's for as long as he's been around selling. He was a benz owner on the old veteran Mercedes's mailing list (the car being a veteran model, not the listers being ex-military). I was buying parts from him when he hired Gary to help him do stuff. Here's the oldest post I was able to find in the mailing list archive mentioning both Gary & Rusty (not that I tried to hard to find anything older)...

When Gary & Rusty got divorced, Gary sold the old *.com web site URL to somebody else leaving Rusty screwed. I spent a long weekend reconstructing it from Richard Sexton's original pages and got a new one back up with the "new" *.biz URL. From that time until Rusty sold out, I made little snips and tweaks to it for Rusty, changing dates, adding a photo, updating his specials page when he'd remember to tell me that he was running a sale on something. I got paid in parts for my rather minor labors; it was a deal that worked well enough until Rusty sold out.

My first post on this thread is from October 2009. Chronologically it's #13. In it I point out that Gary & Rusty were business partners up until the start of 2009 (I got that date from Rusty) and I pointed out that until that time, Rusty was never really in charge of his own website. It was built by Richard Sexton and managed by Gary Hurst. In other words, any complaints you read about in the first 12 posts were directed at Gary, not Rusty, since they talk about being screwed by the guy running the website, not the fellows answering the phone. The very first post talks about the guy on the phone not wanting to do a refund for an website error. The distanced relationship between Gary & Rusty is the explanation behind that one.

-CTH
Old 10-26-2013, 10:09 PM

71 6.3
you are now telling these people you have been buying from rusty since 1976? you sick twisted freak.

what about your claims of friendship towards and me and richard? why are you lying here about both of us?

-CTH
Old 10-27-2013, 10:11 PM

111 coupe
"No, you're not "founder of the BuyMBparts trade name""

No, he's not. You're right about that.

I am.

I did a search one day and noticed the #1 result for an important term was buymbparts.com which I thought was a silly name compared to mbz.org but whatevs.

I called Gary immediately and told him he should use that, it was already in the number one slot. If you check hostorical whois you'll find it was initially registered to "The Canadian American Friendship Company" or some f'ing thing.

Let me refresh your memory on how this all started. I'd bought a $1000 108 and started slapping places to get parts on the web on vrx.net/mbz or something and joined that weird first list run by the guy that alternated between running it and going to tijunana to watch donkey shows or something. I met Gary and Cama on there. Then Alex paid me to run vets and you joined and by this time the other Randy the European Auto guy in Santa Barbara had been convinced a website wasn't the worst idea and I put it up and got some free parts out of it and bragged to Hurst.

He went out the next day to buy an air filter for his 250S and they wanted $21 or something and he'd driven by Peachtree Blvd or some damn thing, say Rusty's place and got an air filter for 7 bucks. Rusty'd never head of the net, he was a phone guy and Gary told him the net was where you wanted to be. Gary worked on the phone with Rusty then as they had no website and over time Gary built one and later grabbed the domain as per above.

I do have all my email from 1988, and I had free calling and talked to Gary almost daily and then and can tell you authoritatively Chuck, that Hurst is correct here. I was there, your info is heresay.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:45 AM

36 of them
Hey Richard, good to hear from you after all these years. Visiting the mbz.org archives the other day brough back lots of old names; some of which include faces from having met you, Gary and others at Rusty's BBQ back in 2003 or so.

You are quite correct that I was in the back seat for the history you described.

-CTH
Old 02-05-2014, 11:47 AM

Saw a reference on PeachParts to buymbparts being out of business, so I did a Google search and it brought me here. I'm not going to get into this discussion/argument, but just wanted to say that it's nice to see some old names from the vet's list still alive and well, i.e. Gary, Richard, Charles, Alex, etc. I met a lot of you at the couple of Rusty Q's I went to.

Len
Old 02-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
Yes I see you joined in 2007 and have a total of 4 social type posts in seven years---your help and assistance is really appreciated!!
Old 02-08-2014, 08:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
300D, 500E, E420
Looks like the buymbparts.biz domain is officially dead now. It is redirecting to Hursty's site, which is a good thing.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:48 PM

Glad to see that "Trent" is out of business or at least no longer using the buymbparts.biz name. I had a feeling that this guy was going belly up.

Anyone know if this scumbag is still operating? Perhaps under a different name?