MBUSA, navigation Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 12:24 PM
DHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 G500, 1969 280SL, 2008 Porsche Carerra C2S and 2011 BMW Z4
MBUSA, navigation Help

Having great problems with my dealership honoring my contract in regards the the navigation system. Does anyone have written proof that all cars built before 1/1/03 are prewired for navigation..Dealer says that if I can prove that, he will honor the navigation when it becomes available. Does anyone havea contact at MBUSA who wuld know the answer to this.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:40 PM

LEXUS
It appears there is very little reliable information from MB about the navigation-Command system. If you type in navigation in the search box you will discover the wide range of opinion not only from the various staff of MBUSA, but also from the salesmen who are generally clueless, and the dealerships with whom MB appears to communicate little or nothing.

You can try......

1-800-FOR-MERCedes (1-800-367-6372).

Gerard Viscido
Consumer Promotions
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC

There are many other names in the threads. Be prepared for bad attitudes when you contact MBUSA. Emails, at least in my case, are rarely acknowledged much less answered.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Even more bad news- I was in with a slaesman at (cant divuldge dealer name for fear of recrimination) today and asked the "NAV" question. He LAUGHED at me and said the "current thinking is try to get these people who wanted nav into new cars"

This doesnt sound good.

What I dont understand is the cars have had COMAND in EU since day one. Maybe we can all get together and order a crate of 2.0 COMAND systems from EU!

The dealer I bought my car from wanted to see the buy order I placed for the car. I didnt have COMAND on the build sheet BECAUSE IT WASNT AN AVAILABLE OPTION at the time. "So you didnt order it" he says. "I couldnt" I said, "it wasnt on the build sheet". "Well I can help you" he said.

Catch 22
Old 03-04-2003, 08:41 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Command delayed in Europe too for E

When I was at the European Delivery Center in August (some 6 months after the new E had been released in Europe) the personell there were lamenting the delayed availability of Command for the E which I assumed to apply to all E's whether for US or elsewhere. Perhaps it is now available in Europe?
Old 03-04-2003, 12:25 PM

2003 MB E500
Originally posted by KLEEMANN
Even more bad news- I was in with a slaesman at (cant divuldge dealer name for fear of recrimination) today and asked the "NAV" question. He LAUGHED at me and said the "current thinking is try to get these people who wanted nav into new cars"

This doesnt sound good.

What I dont understand is the cars have had COMAND in EU since day one. Maybe we can all get together and order a crate of 2.0 COMAND systems from EU!

The dealer I bought my car from wanted to see the buy order I placed for the car. I didnt have COMAND on the build sheet BECAUSE IT WASNT AN AVAILABLE OPTION at the time. "So you didnt order it" he says. "I couldnt" I said, "it wasnt on the build sheet". "Well I can help you" he said.

Catch 22
Did you prepay $1,625 for the Nav? My nav order was just handwritten on my paperwork when I took delivery and I paid for it at that time. MB better not try to weasel out of this on any technicality!
Old 03-04-2003, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
I posted an email that I sent to Karen Marisk, E-series "Product Manager" for MBUSA a week ago Friday. I resent the email to her last Friday. The main point was that we needed some kind of word...just yes it will be avaiable at some point to those who prepaid or no it looks like there is a problem.

The fact that I have not received any kind of reply from anyone does not look good. It sure does not look good for MBUSA's customer relations. The only answer anyone has received is from low level representatives (who obviously are not in the loop) and salesmen.
Unless I am mistaken, we have not heard from anyone who may actually have official information.

I have very little confidence in MBUSA now and will not be happy even if they came out tomorrow with the unit. If the Navigation will be available at some point...simply say so. If there are problems...say so and tell us you will keep us posted. What can they be thinking to ignore the customer base?

Ed
Old 03-04-2003, 02:46 PM

'03 Mercedes E320
Ed: Do you know the GM at your dealership well enough to ask him/her about NAV? I know my dealer's GM quite well, better than the salesmen I have had, and I know he'd find out if I had the issue. I don't need or want NAV so I don't want to take up his time. Certainly as you suggested, people are getting answers from too low a level, and even good news posted by some is met with skepticism. I usually dismiss what the sales folks tell me. Their goals are different. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:54 PM

LEXUS
Actions speak louder than words, as the saying goes. MB's silence on the navi/voice, etc., allowing shortfalls in roofs/wood wheels, etc, failing to maintain an informed customer base and dealerships who claim they are out of the loop.... should demonstrate to anyone paying attention that MB has higher priorities.

As customers, we can ask for an explanation, but if ignored our next vote is with the pocket book. If customers start to walk away today from MB, in 2-3 years MB may suddenly notice a dip in sales. Those of us who want MBs in our lives, and cannot or will not suffer the MB abuse must make the hard choice at the next sales event. If we buy MBs, the company will think they can get away with anything.

After 25 years of MBs I feel very disappointed in the company. When I am next in the market for a car, I will be looking at Lexus, BMW and other competition. For 25 years, I never seriously considered looking at other cars until now.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:40 PM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
etenn, in case you are not looking at the other thread on command......explains why there is no reply.

Talked to NY who talked to Munich
So MB in NY gets very high marks for courtesy and responsiveness... the person was excellant and followed through. Very polite. Very responsive. Very positive interaction.

Unfortunately the content of the answer kind of stinks. The Euro Delivery person in NY told me that the factory in Munich told her that they have NO IDEA when they will solve their supplier problems with the new COMAND nav system and there are currently NO set dates when they are planning to even start thinking about installing the new system in E500's. (I specifically asked about E500's - maybe that was a mistake - maybe E320's will get it first, but it doesn't sound like it. It sounds like there are basic issues in just getting the product from Harmon/Becker.)

I further pressed her hard on when there will be more information... i.e. - can she give me a "date for a date" as to when we will get more information. She said there is absolutely no information on future information either... all this we've been hearing about our dealers getting a memo in 7 to 10 days is all speculation. There are no set plans for when the systems will start getting installed nor are there any dates for when they will know more or get more info.

-NavNut
Old 03-05-2003, 12:24 AM
jhb

2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
You know that old saying that when you want to think of something, stop trying so hard to think of it? Or, if you want to hold on to a handful of sand, don't hold too tight? Maybe we would all do well to let go of this, even those who are "on hold" on orders. Let some time pass and maybe resolution will come faster that way-or, at least it will seem so since we will give ourselves a break from the intensity.

Also, I think it is appropriate to cut MB some slack and put this in perspective. While they have fallen down on the nav and there have been the usual first year issues, they have created what I and many others think is a truly magnificent automobile. Nothing is perfect, especially in the early going. Have you tried the first night of a new restaurant or, uh, uh......well, you know......? The first time for everything has great adventure and some rough spots.

As I have posted elsewhere on related subjects, I insisted on getting one of the first ones. I am glad I have had the pleasure of 4 and a half months with the new E500 and would do it over.

Jeff