E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Can't get used to these HARD seats!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Can't get used to these HARD seats!!

Anyone else frustrated with the W211 seats? I find them to be extraordinarly HARD on the seat cushion, and this is based on Porsche and Audi seats, not Cadillac or Lexus, mind you! After just an hour in the E500, my tailbone hurts and in general my rear feels like I just sat on a bleacher.

I'm almost wanting to get a huge mallet and just beat the crap out of the seat area to loosen up the straps, springs, foam and whatever else is in there! It's terrible!
Old 04-25-2003, 02:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320
Talking

I'm very happy with the seats in my car. I've been on Mercedes seats since 1985, so my back side is right at home. I'm a Taurus, by the way. We're the ones that have to have comfortable chairs/seats to sit in or we sulk!!!

Last edited by rickyfanmdr; 04-25-2003 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:25 AM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
very odd...I have sat in MBs my entire life and never had this problem. Dare I say, ask the dealership to check this out?
Old 04-25-2003, 08:45 AM

E500 Sport
schvetkaaks,

I'm kind of with you..... My tail bone does hurt after an hour or so. But, I believe it's more me than the seats. I figure we just haven't found the "Right" spot (setting) yet. Mark

PS: with my luck, I'm probably sitting on a fan !?!?
Old 04-25-2003, 09:18 AM

E500
HARD SEATS

You just need to stop by Mc Donald's a few times a week and load up on some fries! You seats will feel comfy in no time.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:18 AM
mco

ML430, E500
It just shows its a matter of taste and body type. I absolutely love how hard my seats are. I also crank the lumbar supports as hard as you can. I never have any pain.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:48 AM

W211 & Q7
schvetkaaks,

I thought that my wife's problem and she has to see a doctor due to tailbone pain. I have no problem with mb seats.

it depends on persons. after my wife adjusted seat position, she feels better now. (she has no problem in bimmer seat, by the way, I has to complain for mb seat memory button -- it should be one touch button instead of keeping press button. it is lousy design -- forces customers to bend their bodies for 5 to 10 seconds while setting up seats; the bimmer customers press button and stand up right away to wait for seat adjusted.)

the chief engineer of mb electronic department should be fired because (s)he makes mb cars look bad among its competitors, another example is nav.)

otto
Old 04-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 E320
Unhappy

I totally agree.

The seats ARE a bit hard. The front seats are pretty good, but the back seats...woa. The back seats are a tad too hard for me. Though the back seats are hard, I don't think that they're uncomfortable. The previous version of the E-class had softer seats, but harder head rests.

I'm going a bit off subject, but I also think that there just isn't enough entry/exit room. Neither is there enough leg room in the back. I don't know 'bout you people but I feel the cars a bit cosier than the previous E-class.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:08 PM

'03 E320
Seat Comfort

My wife and I both enjoy the seating comfort.
During recent 1000 mile road trip, between the seats and the suburb climate control, we didn't feel tired or worn out after 6+ hours in route, with one stop for food, etc.
I think the lateral support is one of the best in a touring sedan.
As others have said, maybe worth experimenting with position, and as last resort, see the dealer.
I do not have the ventilated or dynamic seat option, so maybe not fair comparison.
Hope all works out for you!