E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

too many errors not enough money!! please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55 amg 06
too many errors not enough money!! please help!

06 e55 amg 63k on it.

on my drive across a few states my bushings in the front went out they of course want to replace all of them .. 2800 bucks

but what im curious about is

abs/ esp malfuntion. its come on a few times.. but now its 90% on and 10% off

if its off i turn my wheel to much itl set it on again

i tried what some suggest and took the negative out of my trunk battery. to reset this it didnt work

about 3k miles ago i got this error message about battery low conv disable or whatever

i thought id leave my car running to recharge it. didnt drive just turned it on to idle for a hou.. came back with a red battery sign.. turns out alernator is bad .. it was all replaced.. BOTH batterys and alternator.. well since i have a company rental mini van ( yeh that sucks) i been driving that.. i start my amg today after 2 weeks.. the esp error and abs error are still there .. but that low battery is back! now i dont want to spend another 1,100 bucks to replace everything.. and i hear that esp sensor is like 700.. can u nice amazingly smart ppl please help me! i really bought to much car for my income level.. and now im regretting it.. but when my car works.. im happier then a peach!

also can some one confirm or deny. chrysler is offering me a 2 year unlimited mileage max car premuim warranty for 3900 with my vin number

does chrysler still warranty benz? thanks for your help.. i need feed back asap!
Old 07-17-2011, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by ajmurphy805
i really bought to much car for my income level.. and now im regretting it..
A Mercedes is expensive to buy new and expensive to own used. There's no way around this. If you cannot afford to maintain it, then sell it now. I'm simply being honest. And you will never get back any of the money you spend on keeping it running. The car will continue to rapidly depreciate (mainly because it's too expensive to maintain for those people who get lured in by its low resale price; it's a Catch-22.)

Unfortunately there's no such thing as an inexpensive Mercedes, new or used. "A cheap Mercedes will be the most expensive Mercedes you'll ever own"
Old 07-17-2011, 06:28 PM

03 E320, 03 Lexus RX300
Sounds like a lemon, get rid of it.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 895 Likes on 644 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
06 e55 amg 63k on it.

on my drive across a few states my bushings in the front went out they of course want to replace all of them .. 2800 bucks

but what im curious about is

abs/ esp malfuntion. its come on a few times.. but now its 90% on and 10% off

if its off i turn my wheel to much itl set it on again

i tried what some suggest and took the negative out of my trunk battery. to reset this it didnt work

about 3k miles ago i got this error message about battery low conv disable or whatever

i thought id leave my car running to recharge it. didnt drive just turned it on to idle for a hou.. came back with a red battery sign.. turns out alernator is bad .. it was all replaced.. BOTH batterys and alternator.. well since i have a company rental mini van ( yeh that sucks) i been driving that.. i start my amg today after 2 weeks.. the esp error and abs error are still there .. but that low battery is back! now i dont want to spend another 1,100 bucks to replace everything.. and i hear that esp sensor is like 700.. can u nice amazingly smart ppl please help me! i really bought to much car for my income level.. and now im regretting it.. but when my car works.. im happier then a peach!

also can some one confirm or deny. chrysler is offering me a 2 year unlimited mileage max car premuim warranty for 3900 with my vin number

does chrysler still warranty benz? thanks for your help.. i need feed back asap!

As a troubleshooter for the battery drainage connect a amp meter between the negative battery terminal and the negative battery cable. It should then show how many amps the car is pulling when it is shut down and everything is off. While looking at the amp reading make sure all internal lights ar off, also the one in the trunk.

I have done this on two cars and both of them read around 0.05 amp when all is off. This could be slightly higher on your car but should not be that much more, if any.

If you see a larger amp reading something is leaking in the ground. Alternator always is a good candidate but you say it was already replaced... Another good one to check is the starter motor.

For the ESP/ABS error there is one thing that both these systems use - the wheel speed sensors. What caught my eye is that you say if the warning is OFF it comes ON if you turn the steering wheel too sharply. This for me says you might have a simple sensor issue, like a sensor that is not correctly in place and is just barely reading the wheel speed and when you turn the steering sharply the wheel moves slightly and the sensor won't read any more triggering the error. This would most likely mean it is one of the front wheel sensors if this is the case.

If you are at all a hands-on person take your wheels off one at the time and check wiring to the sensors and that they are correctly in place. Sometimes a small rock can wedge a sensor off position and cause the issue. This happened to me one time with an old Lincold that I used to have.

Your car is out of warranty and they will totally rip you off if you go to them unprepared. Just one wheel speed sensor can cost you huge amount of money when they tell you all that must be replaced when it actually takes just one sensor to replace or re-seat in its place.

Good luck.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,190 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
^follow this advise. Don't lose hope as it could be something very simple. Do you have a good independent mechanic or are you working through the dealer on all of these issues?
Did any of the ABS/ESP warnings start before you swapped wheels/tires back and forth?

Last edited by KEY08; 07-18-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 E350
ABS/ESP

Got this message after I had replaced the speed sensor incorrectly when replacing the ball joints, but it doesn't sound like that is what happened here.
It is a small bolt on the inside of the front wheel with a fitting connected to a wire. Maybe it was disturbed? Worth checking. If I remember, the fitting goes in first and then the cover and the bolt. You would also experience very hard steering at low speeds because the speed sensor is not working.
As to the cost of a Mercedes, no one seems to list "inexpensive" as a reason to buy one, but I can't put a price on how good it feels to drive it around.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
steering angle sensor , brake switch , speed sensor ,
If you lucky you its cheap and DIY . Dealer will guess at all angles till your broke and still ..
Ive also seen for your car, Start engine, turn steering wheel left all way till stops then turn right all way same way , then center it , shut off car then restart .. Ive done that to my old w210E55 and it worked . Seen it on w211 forum also
Old 07-20-2011, 04:10 PM

e55 amg 06
Originally Posted by MBFLO
steering angle sensor , brake switch , speed sensor ,
could be all 3.. steering makes sense! that is when it triggers it when i turn to far.. brake could be.. i had some dumb place do my brakes.. ugh its annoying.. even taking the negtative off the battery isnt working.. i turn the car on its still there! i cant even use my cruise control
Old 07-20-2011, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 895 Likes on 644 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
could be all 3.. steering makes sense! that is when it triggers it when i turn to far.. brake could be.. i had some dumb place do my brakes.. ugh its annoying.. even taking the negtative off the battery isnt working.. i turn the car on its still there! i cant even use my cruise control
You had some dumb place do your brakes? Have your wheel speed sensors checked before you do anything else. Before you do this you are wasting your and others time.