E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

AMG door pins (clones) installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550
AMG door pins (clones) installed

I picked up a set of door pins which are very close to being clones of the real AMG door pins.

I paid $52 shipped for all 4 pins. The real AMGs are closer to $50 a piece.

See the pics:

I just finished installing them. They do look great. But the pins weren't perfect fits. They were a little loose/wobbly, though nothing some gorilla glue won't be able to fix.

Without the glue the pins will keep spinning until they go all the way into the hole (while unlocked)

For the record, they were shipped from Taiwan, and claim to be made in Japan.

In case you're interested, I got them here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270738175976

Last edited by SethP; 08-12-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S6 LP640 E500
Pardon me, but are you a paid sponsor?
Old 08-13-2011, 09:57 AM

2008 E550
Originally Posted by jta00r1
Pardon me, but are you a paid sponsor?
Uh, no... Im a guy who bought some cheap asian knockoff and shared my analysis of them like everyone else does.

As mentioned the seller is a taiwanese on ebay
Old 08-13-2011, 10:19 AM

2008 E550
Well thats the quality you get when you buy from overseas.. the most interesting thing is the door pins took their own photos for the ebay shoot according to the ebay listing. (so many other spelling errors on that listing, I'd of never ordered those just based on principal).

-- Pictures Are Taken By Actural Product !"
Old 08-13-2011, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by MB4tronic
Well thats the quality you get when you buy from overseas.. the most interesting thing is the door pins took their own photos for the ebay shoot according to the ebay listing. (so many other spelling errors on that listing, I'd of never ordered those just based on principal).

-- Pictures Are Taken By Actural Product !"
Sorry, I usually would let all this pass, as the state of the language today makes this a losing battle, but as (not "since", a measure of time passing) you brought it up, please consider the following:

You are seeking the helping verb "have", not the preposition "of", as well as "principle", not "principal". Therefore, without splitting the verbs for the adverb "never", your line should have been (not should of been, by the way!)

"I never would have ordered those, just based on principle."

Cheers from grammar as taught in the 60s!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:07 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 S550 4matic
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Sorry, I usually would let all this pass, as the state of the language today makes this a losing battle, but as (not "since", a measure of time passing) you brought it up, please consider the following:

You are seeking the helping verb "have", not the preposition "of", as well as "principle", not "principal". Therefore, without splitting the verbs for the adverb "never", your line should have been (not should of been, by the way!)

"I never would have ordered those, just based on principle."

Cheers from grammar as taught in the 60s!
you ninja *******! I was going to say the exact same thing!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by jcat
you ninja *******! I was going to say the exact same thing!
LOL....all meant in good spirits and cheer...hope it's taken that way, but too difficult to resist!

Were you also going to attribute your comments to lessons from the 60s, or am I one of the few old timers here?

BTW, I also purchased a set of aftermarket door pins for about $35, and they work very well on my C. I haven't changed the pins on my E, as it is really my wife's car and her policy is much more "hands off" with her car!!

Last edited by Sportstick; 08-13-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sportstick
LOL....all meant in good spirits and cheer...hope it's taken that way, but too difficult to resist!

Were you also going to attribute your comments to lessons from the 60s, or am I one of the few old timers here?

BTW, I also purchased a set of aftermarket door pins for about $35, and they work very well on my C. I haven't changed the pins on my E, as it is really my wife's car and her policy is much more "hands off" with her car!!

What type of pins did you get and how did you install them on the C? Did they just screw in like every other pin ever, or is it true that the rears have some sort of clip now. thanks in advance!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:41 PM

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
E63s s213 2019 ,SOLD E63 Weistec, E55, C36
I have had these fitted to my E, the fronts fit fine but the rears do need some glue as OP stated....

I also have a set of the originals on my dads car and they are the same bad fitting.