E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Problems w/ SDARS (Sirius)

Old 04-15-2012, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz 2005 E500 (W211)
Question Suspense

Originally Posted by DubVBenz
I was referring to this post, I was hoping "suspense" was a reference to some sort of mode they could put the radio in.
Is the word they used the last time this happened. Their word not mine.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:20 PM

2011 E-350 Cab. CPO 10/2013
Please Update status

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Yes, Locked up again... Only last channel listened to able to play, no ability to change channel, not subscribed & ESN on screen after updating screen.

1. Spoke to Sirius script readers who should know about the persistant MB problems with Sirius Free Listening weeks... But don't.

2. Drove up to talk to SA at MB Svc department & asked him how to politely but surely escalate this. (No help)

3. Called MBUSA & politely told them that it has happened again & always ends up with the dealer ripping apart my car & headliner to check all the wiring, wasting time & warranty money & then replacing my SDARS unit in the trunk as a last resort & its about time a permanent solution is found. She immediately sent an e-Mail to Sirius & gave me the execs name & said I would be contacted.

4. I was called by another exec of Sirius who politely listened & knew all about the problem BMWs & MB had had in the past & acknowledged that BMWs satelite radio lock-up problems were solved by a software update & he was shocked that the MBs were not. He said he is the liason between Sirius & all the MB dealers in S. Florida, and told me that "I have found the guy who will solve this problem" & to give him 24 Hours.

I shall advise you all.
Any word from your contact?
Thanks
Old 04-15-2012, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 131 Posts
W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642 ; R107 M117, Sierra 1500 LZ0
Originally Posted by XXBogey
Thanks
I'd like to know as well. I've spent literally hours on the phone with Sirius only to have them tell me that "They're working on a fix" and just get rid of me. I have asked to talk to management, I have asked to file a complaint, but they won't bother.

Here is what I proposed to them, but they couldn't quite understand it:

1) Put a dummy ESN on my account - this forces the radio to actually get back to the preview channel and look like it's working (with no service subscription).
2) Change my account to a lower level of service that includes fewer channels. Their Indian tier 2 support could not or would not do this. They explained that I was using a promotional price and it would break it or something. All I asked them to do was give me some level of access that included fewer than 140 channels.
3) Put my ESN back on my account, which would force a station update and then pull down the new lower level account.

I don't understand why they would not do step 2. I tried explaining it to them, but to be honest I think there was a language barrier. I am absolutely fed up with this crap, but SiriusXM is such a **** company that they don't even have a mechanism for me to escalate this further. I hope someone else can get this figured out and help out all of the other mercedes owners. So frustrating.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by XXBogey
Thanks
Not a peep... More BS from Sirius. Now I know that the satellite radios will work right again after the Free Listening period is over, unless the radio is bricked in which case MB will have to replace it... again.

This will not get resolved until MB pushes Sirius for a solution, or otherwise gets involved. Sirius is not interested in providing any customer support at all.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 04-16-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DubVBenz
I tried asking them to put it in "suspense", and it no one knew what I meant. This extended from every tier of tech support to their customer care people. Who would be interested in joining a class action law suit for this? They entered into a binding contract that they have not been able to meet.
Where do I sign?
Old 04-27-2012, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
My Satellite problem has been fixed by Sirius, probably permanently. They do it by putting your SDARS unit's EIN into a "protected tier" in their computer system so that when they tell their system to send all the channels for free, our radios do not accept more than the total number of channels which our head units were designed to hold which causes them lock up.

If a service department changes out your Satellite radio receiver, you will have to advise Sirius to put the new receivers EIN into that protected tier.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:23 PM

2007 E350 P1 Sport Pkg, 1993 BMW 325is, 2000 Tacoma PreRunner V6, 2008 Porsche Cayman S
My Satellite problem has been fixed by Sirius, probably permanently. They do it by putting your SDARS unit's EIN into a "protected tier" in their computer system so that when they tell their system to send all the channels for free, our radios do not accept more than the total number of channels which our head units were designed to hold which causes them lock up.

If a service department changes out your Satellite radio receiver, you will have to advise Sirius to put the new receivers EIN into that protected tier.
Thanks for the info
Old 07-25-2012, 11:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 S600
I purchased my used 2004 S600 without Satellite radio. I then went out and purchased all of the parts and installed them. I get the preview channel just fine so I at least know I'm getting a sat signal however like many of yours all I get is "Aquiring Signal". I have been trying to get it to work for months. I've taken it to the dealer with no luck. I've swapped out the SDARS unit with no difference. After reading these posts I thought I was on to something and changed my subscription to the lowest one they had and still no luck. So my question is, is it that the radios can't handle any "MORE" than 140 channels or is it they can't handle any channel "HIGHER" than 140?

Thanks,

Brian
Old 07-26-2012, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
The first couple of generations of the SDARS unit can't handle any "MORE" than 140 channels total. It has nothing to do with channel number. Wish I could be more of help.

Are you SURE that Sirius has the correct EIN of the unit currently installed and that they have sent an activation signal? (Change of the SDARS unit requires calling SIRIUS & telling them so.)
Old 09-26-2012, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Bringing an old topic back, but I have similar problem. Decided to upgrade to best of XM on Sirius, and those channels are running at 200s. As I understand our units don't go that far. I spent 2 hours with Sirius, but they are keep sending me signals, but nothing happens. List is not changing. Sirius used to have Radio one on Channel 15, but it is gone almost 2 years ago, but on my unit it still shows Radio 1. Sirius are investigating the problem, but does anyone know what can it be?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by Karlson
Bringing an old topic back, but I have similar problem. Decided to upgrade to best of XM on Sirius, and those channels are running at 200s. As I understand our units don't go that far. I spent 2 hours with Sirius, but they are keep sending me signals, but nothing happens. List is not changing. Sirius used to have Radio one on Channel 15, but it is gone almost 2 years ago, but on my unit it still shows Radio 1. Sirius are investigating the problem, but does anyone know what can it be?

Ask them to do the above & then send a new activation signal & see what happens.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55

Ask them to do the above & then send a new activation signal & see what happens.
Thanks for a reply, but I could see your post from 5 months ago with the same text prior posting my question, but somehow Sirius can't do it.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Hello Guys,

I just finished my long 7 week battle against SiriusXM for the same issue you are all experiencing. It was long, it was hard and many calls in between. First of all, the call center is located "off shore" in India and those guys are just trained to give enough, not all because they just dont know how. You need to deal with Corporate Support (when you call, choose option 3, that bypass all the offshore crap). Those guys are located either in NYC or Canada and have the same training. The way I approached the issue was to call every day and annoy the **** out of them. Secondly open a Better Business Bureau Complaint. That puts extra pressure and every person you speak to, take their name so they know you are not BSing. Shot, call every day if you have to. To make the long story short, the Corporate Center and MBUSA replaced the module in my car free of charge at the Benzel Busch Mercedes of Englewood NJ location, got a free loaner which I beat the **** out of for 5 days (had to put a $500 deposit on my card) and ended up with 16 months of free service for the inconvenience. All of this came about when Sirius decided to upgrade their service to what they call the Plus or Enhanced package with more channels not taking in consideration the MB, Mini and Range Rover's specs. That killed it for a lot of us.
I am not much of a typist but if you want a copy of what they had to do to correct the issue PM me and send me your number and we can chat a little and I will be more than happy to give you names and the way to solve this.

It is not easy but it is possible.

Benz Manny
Old 02-15-2017, 03:38 PM

E320 Wagon
Second module, both say "Not Released"

Is this a software problem with the Radio? Sirius is no help.
Sorry for posting to an old thread.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:42 PM

2004 E320
Same here!

Originally Posted by Spoiler_Alert
Is this a software problem with the Radio? Sirius is no help.
Sorry for posting to an old thread.
I have the same exact error screen. Did you ever figure it out?
Old 10-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,412 Likes on 3,144 Posts
'71 Pinto
5 years old but may still apply: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post5161815