E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Does anyone else have cabin noise in their e class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Does anyone else have cabin noise in their e class?

I have an 06 E55 with pano roof. There is some cabin noise at low speeds thats really annoying. I understand that when going over turns and bumps, the pano will creak because the glass flexes. But i think there are some additional noises as well that are really annoying. The dealer added the lube to the pano roof so I don't think its that. Has anyone else had similar issues and found a solution or where the problem is coming from?
Old 12-06-2011, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
I had the same problem with my pano roof and the dealer fixed it completely. It is not normal for the pano roof to creek or make noises. Make sure you go to a dealer who has an experienced tech who knows exactly what the problem is and how to fix it. Believe it or not the fix was lubing the pertinent components of the pano roof. The noise was annoying and was driving me crazy. I was so happy to have it fixed I gave the guy who fixed it a bottle of wine.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
I had the same problem with my pano roof and the dealer fixed it completely. It is not normal for the pano roof to creek or make noises. Make sure you go to a dealer who has an experienced tech who knows exactly what the problem is and how to fix it. Believe it or not the fix was lubing the pertinent components of the pano roof. The noise was annoying and was driving me crazy. I was so happy to have it fixed I gave the guy who fixed it a bottle of wine.
I already took it to the dealer last week and they said all they could do at that time was to add lube. I guess if I take it back they said they can take down the roof liner and take a closer look but they're not sure how much it will cost to fix.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:22 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
CLS500 M113
Horrible creaking rattly noise from dash

I'm getting this awful creaking noise mainly from the long vent that runs across the dash, base of the windshield. Also my IC area is creaking and going a bit rattly too!
Have any of you dealt with the vent noise?
Old 12-07-2011, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
yeah i get a cracking noise over bumps. Always thought it was something in the trunk maybe loose. Maybe I should get my pano roof lubed up
Old 12-07-2011, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by CityOfAngels
I already took it to the dealer last week and they said all they could do at that time was to add lube. I guess if I take it back they said they can take down the roof liner and take a closer look but they're not sure how much it will cost to fix.
I was having the same annoying creaking cracking noises with my pano roof. This can be fixed but they need to know what they are doing. My dealer apparently has a pano roof expert and he made the noises go away the very first time. Basically the roof should not make any noise if it is properly serviced. I'm sold on the pano roof concept and will not buy another MB without it... It makes the car look so much nicer.

The only other creaking noise I have is with the steering wheel air bag cover. if I gently use my finger I can make the top edge of the air bag cover creek and this is about the only noise I have...

Just to show you how quiet the car is there was another rattling noise and I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out where it was coming from and it turned out to be the buckle of my wrist watch. The car is that quiet for me to hear that faint sound...
Old 12-07-2011, 05:28 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
I was having the same annoying creaking cracking noises with my pano roof. This can be fixed but they need to know what they are doing. My dealer apparently has a pano roof expert and he made the noises go away the very first time. Basically the roof should not make any noise if it is properly serviced. I'm sold on the pano roof concept and will not buy another MB without it... It makes the car look so much nicer.

The only other creaking noise I have is with the steering wheel air bag cover. if I gently use my finger I can make the top edge of the air bag cover creek and this is about the only noise I have...

Just to show you how quiet the car is there was another rattling noise and I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out where it was coming from and it turned out to be the buckle of my wrist watch. The car is that quiet for me to hear that faint sound...
Wow, thats amazing. I wish my car was that quiet. Does anyone know of a dealer in the SF Bay Area with a pano expert who can do this?

I have to always have music on or else the sounds drive me nuts, I can't even listen to talk radio news and stuff cause I get so annoyed.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 131 Posts
W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642 ; R107 M117, Sierra 1500 LZ0
Mine just constantly rattles. It's not the roof, it's the blinds when they're open. It happens at 2mph in a parking lot. It's just this low level constant creaking that drives me absolutely nuts. If I close the blinds, it almost completely goes away. I imagine it being the rolled up blinds hanging there loosely. Kontsinger has been kind enough to share all sorts of dealer bulletins on how to fix it, but not a single one of them describes a scenario with just the blinds closed, they all refer to noises in the actual structure or opening mechanism.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:53 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by DubVBenz
Mine just constantly rattles. It's not the roof, it's the blinds when they're open. It happens at 2mph in a parking lot. It's just this low level constant creaking that drives me absolutely nuts. If I close the blinds, it almost completely goes away. I imagine it being the rolled up blinds hanging there loosely. Kontsinger has been kind enough to share all sorts of dealer bulletins on how to fix it, but not a single one of them describes a scenario with just the blinds closed, they all refer to noises in the actual structure or opening mechanism.
Do you have link to these bulletins?