E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Airmatic Strut Implausible help!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E500
Airmatic Strut Implausible help!!!!

i posted this on another forum and no answers.I have been getting VISIT WORKSHOP message for about 3 months now. I have been on Arrnott struts for about a year i believe. Car haven't been leveling right so i bough the valve block since that is what controls the car level. Jack the car up change it put everything back together settle the car and hear no compressor. I tried raise button no compressor just VISIT WORKSHOP message.Hook up DAS get code
5507 AirMatic strut Implausible. I tried everything even my old struts which i never had problems with and still same message. I can turn the compressor on with DAS but it will not do it on its on. Weird thing is it always shows 21.86 BAR of pressure even when i drain the system all the way down. code keeps reappearing every time car is on the ground with raise button on. Does any one have any ideas before i take it in? Every test i have done on DAS shows airmatic working properly has no leaks
Old 09-21-2012, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by bruce24
i posted this on another forum and no answers.I have been getting VISIT WORKSHOP message for about 3 months now. I have been on Arrnott struts for about a year i believe. Car haven't been leveling right so i bough the valve block since that is what controls the car level. Jack the car up change it put everything back together settle the car and hear no compressor. I tried raise button no compressor just VISIT WORKSHOP message.Hook up DAS get code
5507 AirMatic strut Implausible. I tried everything even my old struts which i never had problems with and still same message. I can turn the compressor on with DAS but it will not do it on its on. Weird thing is it always shows 21.86 BAR of pressure even when i drain the system all the way down. code keeps reappearing every time car is on the ground with raise button on. Does any one have any ideas before i take it in? Every test i have done on DAS shows airmatic working properly has no leaks
I do believe your air struts are ok. So you will have to look elsewhere for the problem. Relay? The height indicator that connects the the chassy is relatively reliable and on a % probability probably isn't the issue.

I would pull a wiring and check all the fuses to the air compressor and include checking the venting of the system to allow the car to lower.

If you raise the car then lower it does it actually lower.?? This might also be an indicator of the vent.

I suspect a relay somewhere as they are electrical/mechanical and prone to failure.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E500
Car wont raise or lower as soon as i push raise it shows VISIT WORKSHOP then das shows 5507 airmatic strut implausible current and stored. car did lower this morning when i opened the door. Its sitting in garage can't drive it as compressor won't kick in only to get it to work is through DAS