E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Driver-programmable easy-exit feature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic/2011 E350 4matic / 2003 E500 /2000 CLK 430
Question Driver-programmable easy-exit feature

Are your driver seats returning to the EXACT position when you put the key in the ignition? It seems that my seat adjusts with the steering wheel etc, but i always have to press the seat memory button to bring it back to the exact setting prior to exit.

Any feedback or thoughts??
Old 12-05-2003, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Is anyone else using the car? There is a setting on the steering wheel menu..."key dependent".

It should return to the last setting it was left with each key. It will be the setting that you last had it...not the setting on memory 1.

______
Ed
Old 12-05-2003, 05:26 AM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
I also figued out that if my wife unlocks trhe car, say as we approach from a resturant, the car seems to go to her settings until I insert my key. Does that seem real ? So in other words, if she uses her key and unlocks the door, the seat will go to position one programmed in HER key, and then I have to insert my key in the ignition to go to my position one..... Am I imagining this ?
Old 12-05-2003, 07:33 AM

2004 E500
Re: Driver-programmable easy-exit feature

Originally posted by michael10128
Are your driver seats returning to the EXACT position when you put the key in the ignition? It seems that my seat adjusts with the steering wheel etc, but i always have to press the seat memory button to bring it back to the exact setting prior to exit.

Any feedback or thoughts??
Usually, but not always. There is certainly a software glitch that prevents the seat from return to the EXACT position if you start the engine while the driver's door is still open. My dealer thinks I'm nuts, but it's still happening.

Oh, and when I complained about it, they undid all of my memory adjustments, forcing me to re-assign them
Old 12-05-2003, 08:23 AM

03 Eclass, 03 BMW 06 Porsche Cayman S, 03 Harley Davidson "bored & stroked"
I believe that is the way it is suppose to work, the smart key saves the settings...
Old 12-05-2003, 09:55 AM

2003 E500
My "smart" key will return the mirrors and the temps to my settings but not the seat nor does the memory button remember anything for me after my wife has been driving. Easy access doesn't move the seat back far enough for me (6'4") to get in the car comfortably after my wife (5'2") drives it.

By the way, the steering wheel easy access function mysteriously started to work for my key after I had the car 4 months.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:55 PM

2014 E350 4Matic/2011 E350 4matic / 2003 E500 /2000 CLK 430
I have changed the settings to recognize the key.. hopefully this should do it.. thanks for the advice

M
Old 01-03-2004, 09:19 PM

does this work on the 2002 SL500 with the old key. its not a smart key? and if yes how
Old 01-03-2004, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by Lov2xlr8
does this work on the 2002 SL500 with the old key. its not a smart key? and if yes how
im not sure if it would work with your car, but the way it works on the w211 is under the settings on the steering wheel, i believe its convenience, GL
Old 01-04-2004, 09:12 AM

my wheel or seat didn't return to the correct position every tenth time or so..couldn't prove to the dealer. i disabled the feature.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 E 350, 2012 GLK 350, 2012 C300 4matic
I just use the steering wheel feature. This is based upon the problems I had in my CLK 430 with both of the front seats. Why stress them if you really don't have to.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:53 AM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
I need some help with this also...here is my question, keep in mind I have keyless go...

1. I programmed my position to #1 in the memory, key dependent is set on the settings. Now if I use my wife's key to program her settings, do I program her settings to #1 also, or #2. In other words, does the car use the #1 setting for each key, or is it #1 for the 1st key, #2 for the 2nd key, etc. Also, with keyless go, if both keys are in the car (mine in my pocket, my wife's in her purse), which will it use for settings?

2. Also, I have not done much playing with it, but I'm not sure it goes to my position everytime I get in the car, I find myself pressing and holding #1. With keyless go, do I need to have the key in the ignition when programming?

3. Finally, with my settings programmed to #1, if I press and hold #1 the seats come into place, etc., but I find the headrest moves to an extended position, even though that is not where I programmed it to....in fact, the headrest seems to do its own thing...anyone find this?

4. Last question, not do with this thread, but for those that have pano roof, in the center roof console there are 2 buttons (one like a filled in moon, and one like a empty moon), what do they do? I could not find any mention of them in the manual?
Old 01-04-2004, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by abhansali
I need some help with this also...here is my question, keep in mind I have keyless go...

1. I programmed my position to #1 in the memory, key dependent is set on the settings. Now if I use my wife's key to program her settings, do I program her settings to #1 also, or #2. In other words, does the car use the #1 setting for each key, or is it #1 for the 1st key, #2 for the 2nd key, etc. Also, with keyless go, if both keys are in the car (mine in my pocket, my wife's in her purse), which will it use for settings?

2. Also, I have not done much playing with it, but I'm not sure it goes to my position everytime I get in the car, I find myself pressing and holding #1. With keyless go, do I need to have the key in the ignition when programming?

3. Finally, with my settings programmed to #1, if I press and hold #1 the seats come into place, etc., but I find the headrest moves to an extended position, even though that is not where I programmed it to....in fact, the headrest seems to do its own thing...anyone find this?

4. Last question, not do with this thread, but for those that have pano roof, in the center roof console there are 2 buttons (one like a filled in moon, and one like a empty moon), what do they do? I could not find any mention of them in the manual?
ill try to answer to the best of my knowledge, #1...there are 3 settings for each key, so you have 1,2,3 and so does your wife. if you have the key dependant on, and have both keys inside, your not supposed to use keylessgo because i heard the car gets confused, and go on a massive warning sign spree. if you are programming.
#2.. i believe you have to put it in the ignition so it knows which key, if key dependant is off, then you dont since it doesnt matter.
#3..that sounds wierd, hopefully your dealer can fix it, my settings go exactly back to the position.
#4....i dont have pano, so i might be way off, but if there is a dome light in the back, then the "full" button is to brighten the ambient lights or w/e they are called. the empty one is to dim it, it only works when the headlights are on, or its night. GL
Old 01-05-2004, 01:18 PM

W211 & Q7
i believe you have to put it in the ignition so it knows which key, if key dependant is off, then you dont since it doesnt matter.
this is too bad because your car SHOULD be know which key is used when you disarm her. (MB electronics is no good) I actually disabled key dependent and easy access features.

in the center roof console there are 2 buttons (one like a filled in moon, and one like a empty moon), what do they do? I could not find any mention of them in the manual?
keep pressing the filled one, it brightens your rear reading lights; keep pressing the empty one, it darkens your rear reading lights.
(again, it seems not work in my car and I prefer bmw's design -- the rear reading lights from the c pillars)
Old 01-05-2004, 03:10 PM

i was under the impression the key-less go had only 1 setting and both keys used this setting in key-less go mode and
each key inserted would be independent. so you would have 2 independent settings and 1 key-less go setting. would
make sense so if both keys were in the car, it doesn't get confused because there is only one key-less go setting.