E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Cup holders for UK spec w211...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211
Cup holders for UK spec w211...

I have seen various posts containing pictures of a cup holder (that folds out) - having taken the pictures to the local (UK) dealer they are unable to source / order one.

Are these aftermarket or just not available in the UK?

Cheers

JW
Old 07-13-2004, 10:52 AM

2012 CLS
Justin, my deal;ership was unable to locate. I was told they were aftermarket.

My issue was that the cupholder sprang out towards you, having been designed for a left hand drive, so did not follow this up.

Marc
Old 07-13-2004, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
If you dont have a cup holder in the location as we do (in the US) what is located in the hole behind the little door on the console?
Old 07-13-2004, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by justin w
I have seen various posts containing pictures of a cup holder (that folds out) - having taken the pictures to the local (UK) dealer they are unable to source / order one.

Cheers

JW
B6 692 0118

€37

Dunno if they are available in the UK but you could try ordering that number. Since the W210 version was available in the UK despite "unfolding" into the driver's space, I would think that this one (also used on W203/W209) would be available.

-s-
Old 07-13-2004, 02:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
Glojo is UK based and he has them. I'm faily sure they are in the W211 Accessory Catalogue. Glojo hasn't been posting recently but using the fantastic search function to see if you can find his previous thread.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)

Cheers

JW
Hi Justin,
I cannot understand why the dealer told you they could not order cupholders??

The front cup holder is a genuine Mercedes-Benz option that is listed in the E-class Accessory brochure. I have only seen front cup holders, so cannot comment on whether rear holders are available.

We ordered ours and they just slot into the front 'trinket box'.

Try a phone call to the 'stores' of your local dealer.

Good luck,
John
Old 07-13-2004, 04:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
17 E220D, 11 E350 CDI(sold), 06 CLS320 CDI (sold), 05 Cadillac DeVille (gone), 04 E320 CDI (sold)
On my E320 the rear cupholders slide out of the centre armrest. It is too far to reach from the front seat, where we just get a cavity instead of the foldout holders. I did wonder about ordering the front ones, but they look so flimsy in the pictures I thought they might collapse under the weight of a drink... Do they work ok?
Old 07-13-2004, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by johna1
On my E320 the rear cupholders slide out of the centre armrest. It is too far to reach from the front seat, where we just get a cavity instead of the foldout holders. I did wonder about ordering the front ones, but they look so flimsy in the pictures I thought they might collapse under the weight of a drink... Do they work ok?
They don't seem to work too well in the USA where we only have "super size" drinks... (order a "small" at mcdonald's and see what you get... at least 50cl of drink).

However, for most places with 33cl or smaller drinks, they seem to work just fine, although the higher holder does not "contract" around a drink to hold it tightly. Drinks that don't fit the upper cupholder exactly are better left to the lower one where it sits "into" the cubbyhole.

Trust me, you don't want to spill a drink into the shifter area, becaues it will likely immobilize your car.

Some people (well, mainly Steve MBenzNL) comments that the SL cupholders are a joke, because they put the drink right in front of your COMAND so it can spill into that. I contend that if your drink falls into your COMAND, at least you can get home (if you know the way), but if it falls into your automatic shifter, you're going to be stuck for a bit.

-s-
Old 07-13-2004, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by johna1
Humour..
""""but they look so flimsy in the pictures I thought they might collapse under the weight of a drink""""" If your a heavy (get it???? heavy)drinker they might collapse. Sorry about that my humour tends to get me in trouble.

The cup holder is suitable for the average 'tinny' but the bottom line is that the holder is made of plastic.

If you tend to have a drink whilst you drive, then the front cup holder is worth getting.

I was baffled by the 'missing' second cup holder, until someone kindly pointed out that it was in the hole left by the first holder.

Regards,
John
Old 07-13-2004, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I'd never put a drink into the cup holder for anything more than reaching around to fasten my seat belt while parked. They are a miracle of engineering to behold, but a complete joke as a "cup holder". I'd call it a pre-spill staging area. Hah hah silly Engineers
Old 07-13-2004, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
I had one installed for AUD 90. Even though it folds out to the right (drivers side) it is still usable without being too inconvenient. I've placed a large McD's Coke on it without a problem. The beauty is that the 2nd holder is a perfect size to hold a large KFC Popcorn container
Old 07-13-2004, 09:42 PM

E-220CDI, VW Multivan 2.5TDI
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
I'd never put a drink into the cup holder for anything more than reaching around to fasten my seat belt while parked. They are a miracle of engineering to behold, but a complete joke as a "cup holder". I'd call it a pre-spill staging area. Hah hah silly Engineers
Yeah, this thing looks so cool when folding out but it is almost useless after having finished its show. I have no clue who got money to design such a crappy thing! When foldet out without a drink in the passengers holder - THIS is the only thing in the car that drives me crazy... it rattles like hell
Old 07-14-2004, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

JW
Hi Justin me again,
Cup Holder in Centre Console Mercedes-Benz part number B6 692 0118 cost £20

Your dealer should know this, if not ask for the E-class Saloon and Estate Accessories Brochure last printed 01/04/2004 (not an April Fool either)

Regards,
John
Old 07-14-2004, 12:40 PM

2004 E500
FWIW:
1. The Nissan (no relation to the car that I know of) bullet thermos fits into the recessed side of the front cupholder.
2. The Venti size Starbucks coffee cup (paper cup) fits into the recessed slot as well (without the heat sleeve). I usually order a Grande in a Venti size cup. The reason you need the Venti cup is that the depth of the slot will result in the lid of a shorter cup coming off as you insert it into the slot as the lip of the lid is wider than the slot.
3. The 16oz. Dixie coffee cup fits snugly. Again, the height of the cup is critical so that the lid on top of the cup protrudes above the slot. These cups are available at Costco and other places I'm sure. They are the brown patterned ones you tend to see in offices all over the U.S., on TV shows etc. Dixie has that market cornered it seems.
4. My Mercedes-Benz doesn’t stop at McDonald's, so no experience with those cups. As to other super-size American soft drink cups, I would love to see a survey of bladder sizes in the U.S. v. elsewhere in the world. I would have to stop at every 10 minutes for a toilet break if I should ever buy a Big Gulp drink at 7-11. However, my policy is to never buy anything at 7-11 that wasn't sealed at the factory. Besides, my Mercedes-Benz doesn’t…