E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

So who's used BenzNinja?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Mercedes S400
Benz is a great guy offering a real service. I asked him to install on my work laptop and through the difficulties and "worlds longest xentry install" (*to no fault of his own byt my hardware) as he named it he got me a working reliable system, peter has answered my questions and tired things with my s400 project I dont think anyone else was willing to try, he un****** my Central gateway after some Dustie guy in california bricked it and then told me to send it to him (yeah right) and he did it all as a courtesy for purchasing his install service, of course I tipped him (as you should too if you ask for more than hes selling) Peter is more than the Install guy hes now my friend. Hopefully this helps someone out there decide if spending the cash for a realible system, reliable guy and reliable service is worth it, it is.
Best regards
Diego,
Mechanic Automotive Services
The following users liked this post:
waynerjohnson (02-02-2022)
Old 12-24-2021, 07:40 AM
SPONSOR

Received 799 Likes on 618 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM

Last edited by BenzNinja; 12-24-2021 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:14 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Old 01-14-2022, 06:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W211 E55
Definitely wanted to add my story as well. So after years of owning multiple Benz's and throwing money out the window paying for diag/coding I decided to bite the bullet and purchase my own Xentry system. I did some research here first, and I am so thankful I did because it gave me the opportunity to work with Peter. I was having a trivial issue with my 211 where I was unable to access the service menu in my cluster. It was a minor inconvenience and in my mind, it would be something simple to fix. Oh boy, was it not. Prior to working with Peter, I had my car diagnosed by a local mechanic who replaced my central gateway and absolutely butchered the programming process resulting in random errors throughout the systems (one of which being the service menu concern). Peter was able to reprogram the CGW very quickly fixing most of my issues. It was amazing watching him work. At this point I was satisfied and told him he didn't need to waste his time fixing my trivial concern as the car was already better than before, but he was determined! He spent HOURS fixing the firmwares on these modules. I was absolutely blown away by his commitment to fix my issue and his support availability, all while maintaining a positive attitude and good conversation. I wish I would have found him sooner as I would have saved money and frustration throughout the years. I no longer have to deal with questionable mechanics, the Ninja got my back!
The following 2 users liked this post by S2K55:
BenzNinja (01-14-2022), waynerjohnson (02-02-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 03:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL55 AMG 2006
BenzNinja - really impressed by his services!!

When looking for suitable diagnosis system for my SL55 I came across BenzNinja, and decided to join the club. Within minutes BenzNinja started turning my old laptop into a state of the art STAR diagnosis system. He also showed me which C4 multiplexer to get from Alixpress.

First time I used system on the SL55 it worked flawlessly, and myself with no experience at all with diagnosis systems was able to change my US imported SL55 into European version (with km/h instead of mph etc), perform rodeo on ABC system and all other sorts of checks. System is absolutely brilliant and a must-have for DIY’s owners of these cars!!

BenzNinja also provides great support, and just recently he updated the software on my car to latest version, and added agility mode to the transmission. He is a really nice guy and while he was working on my car we had a great conversation from one enthusiast to another about these amazing cars. He also provided me with latest update cd for NTG1 Comand which makes it possible to use latest European maps V18 on a US origin navigation.

I will give BenzNinja my highest recommendations, and also would like to say a big thank you for the great help you’ve given me👏👏👍!!

The following 2 users liked this post by jmeneza:
BenzNinja (01-18-2022), waynerjohnson (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 08:25 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM

Curious on joining this great VIP club ?
many answers in FAQ HERE
To get in touch please ONLY use the online form here
https://benzninja.com
Members Reviews for popular mods like ILS+, Start & Stop remember or suppressed, Road Sign recognition here: MODS ON MBWORLD

Last edited by BenzNinja; 06-09-2024 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:55 PM

Received 157 Likes on 92 Posts
All Cars Lost To Hurricane Isaac (W124 E420 revived - added 88 Allante 14 S550, 17 S63
Looonggggg time member … new C4

an avid DIYer and MB fan since 1994, I have owned many Benz automobiles over the years, and the current owner of 3 MBs

i use several diagnostic tools
1) snap on Solus
2) snap on 2500
3) Foxwell NT520 (maybe 510)
4) Icarsoft MBII

Over the years, they accumulate as necessary tools when you enjoy the hand on repair work…

in my mind , I just figured that the star diagnostic setup for home use would lead to “problems” and I just didn’t want to risk the cash for a brick

I could go on about these concerns…but I wont

i now have a C4 with DOIP and the proper chipset, along with a surprisingly nice Thinkpad X230, that functions as a tablet.

I purchased the setup via guidance from BenzNinja. He advised where the properly outfitted hardware could be purchased. Folks don’t underestimate this, it is crucial. The wrong hardware will disappoint…

the Ninja setup the system … and I Was quickly looking at diagnostic data that made all my other tools look like junk…. Am I a dealer??? … waaaaa!!!!

I was not having any real issues, but with his help, I cleaned up my cars modules, I reset the trans and ignition ( well Peter did)….both had minor indications… I have to say that these resets somehow improved my driving experience… a pleasant surprise… not really expected but really nice…

I had my dash upgraded to match my AMGs dash, which just looks fresher

he did many other “fixes” based on my diagnostic code list. I even did a few myself ( without the Ninja)

I want to and I will learn to do more than just simple things, but Peter offers his time and expertise freely… a tip for time and passion was in order…. Thanks Peter

I have connected this to the cars just to “see”… the amount of information is just amazing, and having control over that data is even more amazing.

i have read that programming and coding was no longer possible with the C4 and similar devices … I have witnessed with my own eyes… and resets, adjustments, programming and coding are possible.

looking forward to DIY with C4 and Benzninja…

not hype… real…

Kevin,
(long time Forum Member and Mb Owner)

Originally Posted by ps2cho
He just deletes his threads when I've asked questions on what services he offers in greater detail....so I'll just make a thread myself then since transparency doesn't seem like something he wants to show.
All his (5) star reviews are from MBWorld he says....

So where are the real users here? What's your experience?
The following 2 users liked this post by kafklatsch:
BenzNinja (02-26-2022), Starfleet56 (05-26-2022)
Old 03-26-2022, 07:09 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
thank you for all the support guys !
Old 04-15-2022, 06:42 PM

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
2016 GLE 300d 4-Matic
I guess I'm an exception. I bought the service and accepted Peter's offer to install the software on my machine via TeamViewer. A couple hours later the machine was hung and would not restart. I spent 3 days unsuccessfully trying the Windows internal repair function and various other methods to get the machine "unbricked". I finally had to remove the hard drive from the machine, reformat it and restore it with a backup that I (fortunately!) had to get it functional again.

I'm sure his service is fine and he did answer all of my "stupid" questions before I decided to sign up. But when I found that he wasn't even able to install his stuff on a blank partition of my hard drive I decided that this wasn't for me. So I asked for and received a refund.

Peter seems like a nice fellow though and he was courteous throughout.

I don't know where to rate him but my experience was 3 stars.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:36 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by John Ha
I guess I'm an exception. I bought the service and accepted Peter's offer to install the software on my machine via TeamViewer. A couple hours later the machine was hung and would not restart. I spent 3 days unsuccessfully trying the Windows internal repair function and various other methods to get the machine "unbricked". I finally had to remove the hard drive from the machine, reformat it and restore it with a backup that I (fortunately!) had to get it functional again.

I'm sure his service is fine and he did answer all of my "stupid" questions before I decided to sign up. But when I found that he wasn't even able to install his stuff on a blank partition of my hard drive I decided that this wasn't for me. So I asked for and received a refund.

Peter seems like a nice fellow though and he was courteous throughout.

I don't know where to rate him but my experience was 3 stars.
You should explain that you had a computer with some custom geek stuff it and you requested a dual boot
Your "geek" stuff version was a old windows
Therefore, as this is not a standard installation as required (computer should be dedicated) there is always a risk
especially when it's a super old computer like yours

You gave up instantly and asked refund on reboot. that was your choice
Patience is a quality,....

Always backup your stuff if you do not follow standard requirements for a proper standard install

My system is the best, never fails, my service is the best and I am proud of it
100% 5 star satisfied members

GregScheller (09-24-2022)
Old 04-16-2022, 03:08 PM

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
2016 GLE 300d 4-Matic
Originally Posted by BenzNinja
You should explain that you had a computer with some custom geek stuff it and you requested a dual boot
Your "geek" stuff version was a old windows
Therefore, as this is not a standard installation as required (computer should be dedicated) there is always a risk
especially when it's a super old computer like yours

You gave up instantly and asked refund on reboot. that was your choice
Patience is a quality,....

Always backup your stuff if you do not follow standard requirements for a proper standard install

My system is the best, never fails, my service is the best and I am proud of it
100% 5 star satisfied members
Please understand that I'm simply trying to relate my experiences, offering my perspective of events without animosity and without casting aspersions.

I never considered my installation of Windows 7 Pro and Dell drivers for my machine to be "geek software". I will point out that, before I committed to buying your service, I asked whether you could set up your services as a dual boot system on my W7 pro Dell if I cleared a 500 gb partition on the hard drive. You explicitly said that you could do that.

So, it's hard for me to see how my existing W7 "geek" stuff was even on your playing field. Your product was supposed to be installed on the blank partition I created for you - effectively a completely separate disc drive as far as the machine was concerned.

I respect the fact that you're an accomplished Benz guru and I really, truly wish it had worked out differently. But after spending 3 days of pretty solid effort to get my machine back to functional status (talk about patience!) and with not even an "I'm sorry sbout that. Let's try ..." from you, I could not see continuing.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:21 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by John Ha
Please understand that I'm simply trying to relate my experiences, offering my perspective of events without animosity and without casting aspersions.

I never considered my installation of Windows 7 Pro and Dell drivers for my machine to be "geek software". I will point out that, before I committed to buying your service, I asked whether you could set up your services as a dual boot system on my W7 pro Dell if I cleared a 500 gb partition on the hard drive. You explicitly said that you could do that.

So, it's hard for me to see how my existing W7 "geek" stuff was even on your playing field. Your product was supposed to be installed on the blank partition I created for you - effectively a completely separate disc drive as far as the machine was concerned.

I respect the fact that you're an accomplished Benz guru and I really, truly wish it had worked out differently. But after spending 3 days of pretty solid effort to get my machine back to functional status (talk about patience!) and with not even an "I'm sorry sbout that. Let's try ..." from you, I could not see continuing.
I understand your point of view
by experience I will not continue argumentation as you seem to have your strong own point of view on how a computer works.
I really don't recall not being polite as this is part of my education. I just recall you not giving it a chance immediately
I really regret that you lived this as a major bad experience in your life taking you to post it 2 month's later
"hardware/systems not meeting specs" setups always have a small risk as there is no control on what the old system does to the new system when on. Same with the boot
My installs have full lifetime warranty and I do that because they never fail
On custom (no extra charges) requests, I will now explain better what that risk is and possible longer delay
I want to maintain my 100% perfect rating
Kind regards
Old 04-18-2022, 03:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
w221 S500
Reading this post, I wrote to Peter. Ready to work in Italy for Nürburgring DTM ABC MOD for my w221? It must be great

Last edited by Bandito74; 04-18-2022 at 03:06 PM.
BenzNinja (04-18-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 01:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
16 B250e
The Ninja do know his stuff very well. If there is a problem he can't solve now, he can solve it in the next hour. As long as you are not trying to make a Mercedes become a vacuum cleaner, you should be ok Glad I got my system from him to save the hassle to find 'How to code the damn thing'. Mercedes are not as easy to code like a VAG or BMW product.
BenzNinja (04-19-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 09:29 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
SLS AMG BS, G63, GT-R and others.
Just watched BenzNinja do his thing over teamviewer and the guy is a whizz for sure. I think the total time from start to finish was around 20 hours but some of that was because for a while he had to deal with a slow wifi connection in my end because my computer had no drivers installed. In any case, I’d pop into the room every once in a while and watch the mouse cursor move all over the place at super human speeds. Oh also he cleaned off all the junk programs that typically ship with windows or third parties. Probably doubled the speed of the laptop with just that service.

I’m probably tied up all day tomorrow but hope to dive into the software and hook up Wednesday before probably crawling back to BenzNinja for help. But I do like getting my hands a little dirty first so o can retain his knowledge better. I’m sure my 2007 S65 could use some electronic loving. It has its issues for sure!

5 star service and then some.

Chip-
Eurocar KeyWest (05-17-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 08:25 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by RuckIt
Just watched BenzNinja do his thing over teamviewer and the guy is a whizz for sure. I think the total time from start to finish was around 20 hours but some of that was because for a while he had to deal with a slow wifi connection in my end because my computer had no drivers installed. In any case, I’d pop into the room every once in a while and watch the mouse cursor move all over the place at super human speeds. Oh also he cleaned off all the junk programs that typically ship with windows or third parties. Probably doubled the speed of the laptop with just that service.

I’m probably tied up all day tomorrow but hope to dive into the software and hook up Wednesday before probably crawling back to BenzNinja for help. But I do like getting my hands a little dirty first so o can retain his knowledge better. I’m sure my 2007 S65 could use some electronic loving. It has its issues for sure!

5 star service and then some.

Chip-
Thank you !
delays vary depending on network speed, windows upgrades and cleanup
as it is not some hilarious 'image' or universal setup, quality takes time
at quickest 4 hours, normal delay 9 hours or up to next day in general
thanks again for all you kind reviews !
Old 04-29-2022, 03:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
w221 S500
Hello everyone from Italy, today Benzninja installed the P30 on my Mercedes w221 550. Become a new car. Very kind person, done all work with teamviewer. Fantastic work thanks. I hope my license doesn't fly away
BenzNinja (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 05:12 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Bandito74
. I hope my license doesn't fly away
Eurocar KeyWest (05-17-2022)
Old 05-17-2022, 11:21 PM

Received 143 Likes on 107 Posts
N/A
This isn't available for my 2004 SL500 but is it available for me E55 and what does it do?
Old 05-18-2022, 01:30 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Fountain35
This isn't available for my 2004 SL500 but is it available for me E55 and what does it do?
what are you talking about ?

my system and services cover 1999-2022 cars

please use the contact form on my website

kind regards
Old 05-18-2022, 11:50 PM

Received 143 Likes on 107 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by BenzNinja
what are you talking about ?

my system and services cover 1999-2022 cars

please use the contact form on my website

kind regards
See post #13 and #14

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...bc-mod-sl.html
Old 05-19-2022, 04:49 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Fountain35

oh didn't see the post above yours as you didn't reply to it

the ABC mod is only for cars with ABC having ABC2 so after starting end 2005 lets say 2006 and only for S class
Old 05-20-2022, 02:17 AM

Received 378 Likes on 243 Posts
BenzNinja ... quality work

I'm a retired software geek who, about 5 years ago, assembled my own Xentry software (from on-line stuff) to work with an AllScanner VCI that I purchased. As such, I can understand and appreciate the amount of research/knowledge that goes into such an effort.

Since my version of the Xentry software didn't cover a 2020 GTR Pro, I needed to update. I saw one of the postings referencing BenzNinja so decided to take a look. For me, the name was a bit of a deterrent, but upon investigation I decided to move ahead (there are many contributors to this forum whose opions I value).

Things got off to a rocky start when I attempted to pay in USD using a USD credit card from Canada ... which PayPal won't allow <grrrr>. Peter quickly solved the issue by enabling me to pay a CAD-equivalent amount, saving me about $35 in exchange/fee costs. Then there were multiple install failures. The first failure was due to an assumption I made regarding the hardware/software environment. The next failures were because I'd put a nice new SSD in an older PC (thinking it'd be more reliable), expecting that a SATA-compliant drive would always work on a SATA interface ... turns out that, in the PC world, that's not the case. Hey, I'm a Mac guy and expect an OS to have a properly abstracted and layered architecture ... you know, so a SATA-compliant drive will actually work when plugged into a SATA interface <sigh>. Then there were issues with the VCI, which turned out to be that it needed to have it's firmware reset/updated. None of these issues were Peter's doing.

Short story (would have been that), when we first ran into install issues, Peter offered to give a full refund if I wanted to stop at that point, but I wanted to persist ... and persist he did. In fact, he went well beyond what I would have expected. It became a "we're going to win <damn-it>" issue for both of us. That did 2 things; 1) I ultimately got a working install <yay> and 2) I got to have multiple chats with Peter (likely too many from his point of view) which I quite enjoyed, both technically and on a personal level.

When I saw the desktop of the completed install, I could see immediately that this is a man who pays attention to details ... and I already knew that he takes pride in what he does.

Though I haven't had much time to play with the updated/BenzNinja Xentry, thus far, I have confirmed that it does properly/fully support the GTR Pro (which was the primary mission). I also see that the scan of the car's head unit shows that I provided an erroneous PIN for a nav-system map update, some time ago ... jeeze Mercedes!

I have more plans for this, but am already confident in recommending BenzNinja.

Last edited by user33; 05-21-2022 at 12:19 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by user33:
BenzNinja (05-20-2022), Starfleet56 (05-26-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 03:14 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by user33
BenzNinja ... quality work

I'm a retired software geek who, about 5 years ago, assembled my own Xentry software (from on-line stuff) to work with an AllScanner VCI that I purchased. As such, I can understand and appreciate the amount of research/knowledge that goes into such an effort.

Since my version of the Xentry software didn't cover a 2020 GTR Pro, I needed to update. I saw one of the postings referencing BenzNinja so decided to take a look. For me, the name was a bit of a deterrent, but upon investigation I decided to move ahead (there are many contributors to this forum whose opions I value).

Things got off to a rocky start when I attempted to pay in USD using a USD credit card from Canada ... which PayPal won't allow <grrrr>. Peter quickly solved the issue by enabling me to pay a CAD-equivalent amount, saving me about $35 in exchange/fee costs. Then there were multiple install failures. The first failure was due to an assumption I made regarding the hardware/software environment. The next failures were because I'd put a nice new SSD in an older PC (thinking it'd be more reliable), expecting that a SATA-compliant drive would always work on a SATA interface ... turns out that, in the PC world, that's not the case. Hey, I'm a Mac guy and expect an OS to have a properly abstracted and layered architecture ... you know, so a SATA-compliant drive will actually work when plugged into a SATA interface <sigh>. Then there were issues with the VCI, which turned out to be that it needed to have it's firmware reset/updated. None of these issues were Peter's doing.

Short story (would have been that), when we first ran into install issues, Peter offered to give a full refund if I wanted to stop at that point, but I wanted to persist ... and persist he did. In fact, he went well beyond what I would have expected. It became a "we're going to win <damn-it>" issue for both of us. That did 2 things; 1) I ultimately got a working install <yay> and 2) I got to have multiple chats with Peter (likely too many from his point of view) which I quite enjoyed, both technically and on a personal level.

When I saw the desktop of the completed install, I could see immediately that this is a man who pays attention to details ... and I already knew that he takes pride in what he does.

Though I haven't had much time to play with the updated/BenzNinja Xentry, thus far, I have confirmed that it does properly/fully support the GTR Pro (which was the primary mission). I also see that the scan of the car's head unit shows that I provided an erroneous PIN for a nav-system map update, some time ago ... jeeze Mercedes!

I have more plans for this, but am already confident in recommending BenzNinja.
Patience and never give up
but patience must be if you want success

Thank you for your kind comment

Last edited by BenzNinja; 05-22-2022 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes E350 2009 VIN WDBUF56X39B376564
I have used BenzNinja, and he is brilliant. He fixed a problem that none else had a clue. I 100% recommend, I will use his services again.
BenzNinja (07-03-2022)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So who's used BenzNinja?