For those with DVD/Euro COMAND .. playing MP3's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
For those with DVD/Euro COMAND .. playing MP3's

I Use iTunes now to burn DVDs. The problem is it puts random songs in groups of 1-4 in the first 69 folders, and the rest of my coule hundred songs get thrown into the 70th folder.. anyone familiar with iTunes that has burned DVD MP3 discs?? It was nice to burn 250 songs in about 4 minutes.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brav
I Use iTunes now to burn DVDs. The problem is it puts random songs in groups of 1-4 in the first 69 folders, and the rest of my coule hundred songs get thrown into the 70th folder.. anyone familiar with iTunes that has burned DVD MP3 discs?? It was nice to burn 250 songs in about 4 minutes.
Hmmm....
iTunes save all their files in folders. One folder for each artist. What you can do, ist to drag and drop the selected files from iTunes into a folder on your desktop. Then you will have all the files in a single directory. But iTuunes will also place a number in front of the file name. I find this annoying, and use another program to strip out the number. When all files are placed in a single folder, use Nero or Roxio to burn the DVD. You can construct your own folders in both programs so that you have better control.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks, I'll get familiar with Nero. only 1/4 of my mp3s are organized, its a nightmare trying to fix all the artist/song info. on 3000 songs.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Guys, have you gotten the MP3 DVD to work? I have the Euro headunit and cannot get the MP3 DVD to play yet. I get an disc error with both DVD+R and DVD-R. I'm burning with Roxio as a data disc.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Guys, have you gotten the MP3 DVD to work? I have the Euro headunit and cannot get the MP3 DVD to play yet. I get an disc error with both DVD+R and DVD-R. I'm burning with Roxio as a data disc.
If you read this and other threads, you will find that yes it will work. I have used iTunes. Will be trying Roxio soon. I thought I was having problems but then realized that iTunes converted everything to M4A format, (supposedly better than MP3) so most of my songs werent being recognized..

Should work fine, try different disks or burning with different file folder setup.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Ever since I started saving Mp3's I have always saved them by singer name, then the song. Now when I burn these files I use either Nero, or Roxio, and just copy and paste the files in large blocks of I think about 50 mp3's at a time, into folders that hold 150 files.

If I try burning the Mp3's as data files then they will NOT work on the COMAND. (They will work on my domestic hi-fi and the computer. Just not the car)

When they play through the COMAND it shows the folder name at the top, then the name of the singer then the song title. The files are also played in the order that they are burnt.

Both burning programs are extremely easy to use (even I can use them)

Good luck,
John
Old 10-18-2004, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Oslo
When all files are placed in a single folder, use Nero or Roxio to burn the DVD. You can construct your own folders in both programs so that you have better control.
Yes, but beware not to put ALL of your tracks in a single folder. According to the manual, the COMAND software will only reckognize a maximum of 255 tracks per folder. So, obviously, you will want to spread the wealth among organized folders if you plan to burn more than 255 tracks.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Derek, WHAT GIVES? Have you posted this same thing 20 times or so or am I just having the same deja vu experience every day?

Your question has been answered more than once. Read more, post less.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by glojo
The files are also played in the order that they are burnt.
Unless, of course, you change the setting to "Random Tracks" or "Random Folder." BTW, Random Folder is not as random as it may seem. It stays within a folder for several tracks before it randomly selects tracks from another folder.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by Baby Jocko
Unless, of course, you change the setting to "Random Tracks" or "Random Folder." BTW, Random Folder is not as random as it may seem. It stays within a folder for several tracks before it randomly selects tracks from another folder.
Hi Jock,
It is so easy to admit when you are wrong

Please accept my apologies.

I interviewed 'she that must be obeyed' and after exhaustive interrogation we do indeed have the option:

'Track Mix'
'Folder Mix'

Sorry if I caused confusion.

Regards,
John
A cool dusk in Torquay
Old 10-18-2004, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Baby Jocko
Derek, WHAT GIVES? Have you posted this same thing 20 times or so or am I just having the same deja vu experience every day?

Your question has been answered more than once. Read more, post less.
Baby, relax. I posted it in "DVD in motion" and "for those with the euro headunit," that's 2 by my count.

In the "Double layer DVD" forum, I asked as a followup to whether anyone had gotten a double layer DVD to work. You answered my question with the "data disc" answer which fixed my problem. For that I am grateful, for the direction to post less and read more you can kiss my a$$. You said my question had been answered more than once- where? I read every post that came up under a search for "DVD" or "DVD MP3" and found nothing.