E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Daytime running light led module questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63 AMG
Daytime running light led module questions

I’m trying to find out if there is an aftermarket option for the daytime running lights on my car, passenger side led is not working

it’s a 2007 e63 AMG and I was able to search thru here and find the part number 211-906-00-36

called the local Seattle dealer and they said it’s 112$ and 2-3 weeks out. Coming from Germany

is there a different option for these lights? Money is not the issue but it’s the time frame. I’m trying to put my light back together after removing the broken lenses, had to epoxy the cracked housing but the light didn’t work before removing the assembly, it said something about it on the dash and was full of corrosion.

also, because I removed it with the lense off, is it able to be replaced if I put it all back together, I read another post about someone having a hard time pulling it out or saying they can’t get to the screw or something?

any info is much appreciated

Last edited by Nick Rodriguez; 09-15-2022 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,376 Likes on 2,247 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
plan B

Originally Posted by Nick Rodriguez
I’m trying to find out if there is an aftermarket option for the daytime running lights on my car, passenger side led is not working

it’s a 2007 e63 AMG and I was able to search thru here and find the part number 211-906-00-36

called the local Seattle dealer and they said it’s 112$ and 2-3 weeks out. Coming from Germany

is there a different option for these lights? Money is not the issue but it’s the time frame. I’m trying to put my light back together after removing the broken lenses, had to epoxy the cracked housing but the light didn’t work before removing the assembly, it said something about it on the dash and was full of corrosion.

also, because I removed it with the lense off, is it able to be replaced if I put it all back together, I read another post about someone having a hard time pulling it out or saying they can’t get to the screw or something?

there may be a faster & cheaper way to make this all work better than new.... fix existing circuit if your up for it!

check wiring condition
Carefully observe what is missing ... solder joints.

Use a soldering iron to quickly fix this yourself.

Old 09-16-2022, 11:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
a2119060036 several on UK ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/ that may expedite delivery.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:45 PM

2007 E63 AMG
I looked at the solder joints and all look good, the circuit board is corroded from being driven in the rain with a broken lense.

I’ll check the UK eBay
Old 09-28-2022, 10:15 AM

2007 E63 AMG
i was able to source the new led module from a local mercedes dealer that ordered one from california. it was 110$ not a big deal. now for my next problem. all the chrome plating on the housing was rubbed off as it was drove around for 6 months in the rain with a broken lense. i ordered a used healight off of ebay for various parts to fix mine, mine has the bi-xenon with active headlights.

the one that i got was just halogen which i new and understood i couldnt use some of the parts. the issue i am having is for the housing it does not have the little tab with the hole for the led module hold down screw. so i made a big mistake and tossed it thinking i could fix the chrome if you call it. yea chrome paint is not good. it did not work at all and i ruined the housing. so, i jumped on ebay, made what i think might be another mistake cuz the used headlight i bought for 75$ looks different. i have not recieved it yet. it shows up monday.

i will post some pictures, can anyone tell me if the high beam housing that is circled in blue has to little screws that hold the high beam bulb, is this going to look the same as the used one i just bought also circled in blue. i see the main difference so far is that mine has the round cap to cover the bulbs and this one i ordered has 5 screws that hold it in place.

im sorry if this is confusing i just was hoping to see behind that plate to see the back side of the chrome housing. i plan on cutting the tab off of mine and using epoxy to make it work for my led module.

Old 09-28-2022, 10:19 AM

2007 E63 AMG
i will note, my car is the 2007 and the headlight i ordered says its for a 02-06
Old 04-13-2024, 06:37 AM

Mercedes E200
Originally Posted by Nick Rodriguez

Hi.Just FYi! I just converted this module with a regular T10 connector and used the hole where the module's lens used to be.It works!
Old 06-01-2024, 12:43 PM

E280 2007 w211
Originally Posted by Stallion63
Hi.Just FYi! I just converted this module with a regular T10 connector and used the hole where the module's lens used to be.It works!
Hi can you tell how have you done the conversion if possible