E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

SOS Tele aid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOS Tele aid

When I start the car the screen reads "SOS Tele Aid Not Activated". What is it. I dont have the phone system installed but why does it have to remind me everytime I start the car.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Tele Aid is not the same as your personal integrated phone. Its like On star, built into the car. It has to be activated by subscfription. Your 1st year is included.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:38 PM

Well then I guess mine was not activated when I bought it. They never told me anything about it. I just started noticing it a few days ago and now it bugs me. I dont dare ask them to try and fix it, Im sure they want know how to do that either.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
This service should've been activated by your dealer when delivery was made....Do you remember signing a contract and choosing a password???? You can activate it yourself by pushing the wrench button in your center console. This will get rid of the message in your dash display.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:15 PM

After finding the wrench button I pressed it and nothing happened. It didnt make the SOS inactive message go away, although it did cause a "SRS restraint malfunction, visit workshop" to show up. I havent ever seen this before, but I never really read all those things that pop up, they are kind of annoying to me. Maybe the SRS Restraint message was just because the car was not running.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:19 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Assuming you have signed a TeleAid contract, you have to talk to somebody at the TeleAid center after you push the wrench button to activate the service. Depending upon how busy they are ("wrench" calls are a lower priority than SOS calls) you might not hear anything for a minute or more except some crackling static. Wait it out and eventually sombody should come on line. This assumes that you're in an urban or suburban area with cell phone service, and not in a "dead spot" for whatever service they use - AT&T, I think.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:30 PM

You know what? It maybe because it was in the garage when I tried it. But now I am curious why it made the SRS Restraint malfunction message to show up? I dont know maybe it has something to do with the wrench button. Ill see if it still does it in the morning. I will pull it out of the garage and try it again. If I can get a connection then maybe they can reset both messages.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
You should show your car a dealer. I never activated TeleAid from beginning, so the malfunction is always shown. Since it happens only recently with your car you can have some serious problem.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
If you had signed the Tele Aid contract you would have remembered it. You would have to give them a credit card number and things like a license plate number and phone numbers of people to call in an emergency.

Your dealer must fill out part of the Tele Aid contract and then you (with help from your salesman or on your own) complete the rest of it and then it must be faxed to the Tele Aid Client Center. Sometime after they receive the contract, you can then press the wrench button to contact the Center and activate Tele Aid. You should hear the call being dialed and then someone will answer and lead you through the process.

The free service is good for a year from the date you purchased your car. You get 30 minutes free air time and then you must pay $.40/minute beyond that. It's best to have all the Info you need when you make the call so you don't spend a lot of time on your car to Center call. You can always tell them you'll call the Center on the 800 number to provide any subsequent Info like the license plate number.

The Tele Aid Client Center is at 1-800-756-9018.

BTW, your salesman should have discussed this with you when you purchased the car and then completed and faxed the contract to Tele Aid. About 1 hour after he faxed the contract, he would have then completed the process for you by getting in your car with you and making the call.

Note that if you sign up for Tele Aid, you will have to cancel it at the end of a year or they will bill your credit card $240 for another year. You should be notified 60 days before the first year expires and then you can call them to cancel.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 S450
I also kept getting the teleaid not activated message and my dealer deleted it from the cluster options and now I dont get the message anymore. He had to connect to the car with DAS to do it..
Old 10-26-2007, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 A8L 4.2
Originally Posted by Viesel
it made the SRS Restraint malfunction message to show up.
The SRS malfunction should not come up if the TeleAid is not active, visit your dealer or an independent and have them run a disgnostic to see what the SRS problem might be. Do it sooner rather than later, if the SRS malfunction comes up and the SRS red lamp is lit up on your dash, none of your airbags will deploy or the belts tighten in case of an accident.