E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Display Time?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Force 1s
Display Time?

How do you display the time on the COMMAND screen? I always have to tell the passengers what time it is by the analog clock .
Old 11-05-2004, 07:45 PM

2004 E320 4matic, 2007 530xiT
And how do you set the COMMAND clock?

I have seen the time listed on the trip ETA. The current time does not match what is in the system. It is obviously not linked to the analog clock. How do I set the command clock?
Old 11-05-2004, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Just curious... what happened to your manuals? I would answer your questions, but I would have to go out to my car and get my manual. And I'm pretty lazy... sigh.

-s-
Old 11-06-2004, 10:58 AM

'05 E500 4-Matic Wagon
In all fairness, HollaBack seems to be asking how to display the current time of day on the Command screen, and to the best of my knowledge, after reading the Manual a couple of times, there is no way. Yes, the Settings menu on the speedometer (operated by the steering wheel controls) let's you SYNC the Analog Clock to the Command time. Presumably, Command gets its time from the satellites. BUT, while you can adjust the time on the Command Screen from the Services Menu (I think that's it), you can't continuously display the current time of day, nor day nor date. If some one knows how to do this, I too would be real interested to hear.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
You can not display the time on the Comand screen.

The analog clock is the only time display. Period.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HotWheels500
In all fairness, HollaBack seems to be asking how to display the current time of day on the Command screen, and to the best of my knowledge, after reading the Manual a couple of times, there is no way. Yes, the Settings menu on the speedometer (operated by the steering wheel controls) let's you SYNC the Analog Clock to the Command time. Presumably, Command gets its time from the satellites. BUT, while you can adjust the time on the Command Screen from the Services Menu (I think that's it), you can't continuously display the current time of day, nor day nor date. If some one knows how to do this, I too would be real interested to hear.
I think you are correct... but it isn't in the manual, right? Because you cannot do it?

I am just wondering because I am still too lazy to go look.

-s-
Old 11-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
...I just finished installing a comand in a 2003 E55 half an hour ago...and I am 100% sure that I was able to pull up the time on comand...it was even displayed complete with the date...AND I was able to change it...it was to be found behind one of the softkeys after hitting SERV (which is probably called SYS on a US spec comand)...

To be honest though...it is a lot easier to look at the ANALOG clock (unless one cannot read that) then having to hit multiple comand comand keys to get the time displayed in there...

greetingz,
Old 11-06-2004, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think he meant to display it and leave it there... the display with the time is just for setting and isn't very easy to view. Plus, it goes away by itself if you leave it.

On the Audio 50, the time could be brought up in big numbers... and left as a display. This was cool because the Audio 50 had satellite corrected time, and the cluster would not sync with it. So that was the way to display correct time.

Hey, if you don't have navigation, you should replace the COMAND with an Audio 50 and you can have the time display in big numbers!

-s-