E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Key dependent feature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
Key dependent feature

it looks like I dont have this feature on my '04 E500 (keyless go).
under setting -> convenience -> I could find only activate easy-entry/exit feature and set parking position for exterior rear view mirror. there is no "set smartkey-dependency" as indicated in the operator's manual.
I wonder if anyone else has this problem.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by MOZART
under setting -> convenience -> I could find only activate easy-entry/exit feature and set parking position for exterior rear view mirror. there is no "set smartkey-dependency" as indicated in the operator's manual.
If your gear shifter does not have a button on top of it to start and stop the car, don't even bother looking any further. You don't have it. :-(

Sorry,

Steve
Old 12-07-2004, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Morning,
I feel a bit 'groggy' this morning, but if I understand your question correctly then the Easy-Entry\Exit feature is indeed the key dependancy option. It is just a case of setting the memory by pressing 'm' on the door panel and the relevant number in accordance with your instruction manual??? I apologise if I have misunderstood the question. Myself and others have found this feature to be 'less than perfect' and it has severe bouts of amnesia!!!

I think 'Steve' is actually talking about Keyless Go, which is a completely different option, but again this could be a misunderstanding on my part??

The weather this morning is mild and overcast at Torquay (by the sea)
Morning everyone,
John
Old 12-07-2004, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by glojo
Morning,
I feel a bit 'groggy' this morning, but if I understand your question correctly then the Easy-Entry\Exit feature is indeed the key dependancy option. It is just a case of setting the memory by pressing 'm' on the door panel and the relevant number in accordance with your instruction manual??? I apologise if I have misunderstood the question. Myself and others have found this feature to be 'less than perfect' and it has severe bouts of amnesia!!!

I think 'Steve' is actually talking about Keyless Go, which is a completely different option, but again this could be a misunderstanding on my part??

The weather this morning is mild and overcast at Torquay (by the sea)
Morning everyone,
John
I am always groggy in the morning. I have no use for mornings! The way to avoid this problem is to wake up in the afternoon.

The only reason I brought up "keyless go" is because of his first sentence:

“Originally Posted by MOZART
it looks like I dont have this feature on my '04 E500 (keyless go).”

I think that he is realizing that he doe snot have Keyless Go. But who knows, this question could be interpreted in a few different ways. On the other side of things, I find the Easy-Entry\Exit feature quite nice. I am not fat, but I am only 5'8", so it only tilts up the steering wheel. I understand that it only moves that seat if you sit past a particular point. I like being able to move my legs freely right under the steering wheel when I am getting out. So far, it has worked flawlessly.

My 300 E had a wagon wheel for a steering wheel. I liked it, but I did sometimes hit it when I was getting in and out. It was not a big deal, but this little detail of the W211 is one of the things that I like a lot about it.

Steve
Old 12-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Almost a Member!

03 E500 Sport, Pewter/Charcoal
I don't have keyless go, so I'm just guessing, but were you using the keyless go feature when you tried to set key dependency? If you were using keyless go, try putting the key in the ignition first. The key dependency setting might only show in the convenience menu when a smartkey is in the ignition.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SAguirre
I am not fat, but I am only 5'8",
Compared to Hell-ona-Yamaha-ha You are a giant!!

Rumour has it he uses a pile of books to climb up into his car and then sits on top of a soap box to drive it!!!

Sorry oh most noble man from California (fellow 'West Country' person).

Regards,
John

Last edited by glojo; 12-07-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:41 PM

2004 E500
sorry guys for the confusion. key-dependent feature means that the car recognizes each one of the keys you have(yours and your wife's). so when you unlock the car with your key the seat and steering wheel and probably the audio system will go back to where you left it when you left the car. giving that someone else was driving the car using the other key.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by glojo
Compared to Hell-ona-Yamaha-ha You are a giant!!

Rumour has it he uses a pile of books to climb up into his car and then sits on top of a soap box to drive it!!!

Sorry oh most noble man from California (fellow 'West Country' person).

Regards,
John

LOL Yamaha. . . Harley same thing right?

Steve
Old 12-07-2004, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SAguirre
LOL Yamaha. . . Harley same thing right?

Steve
Hi Steve,
What ever gave you that eye deeer!!!

Yamaha's are motor-cycles,

Harley's are cars that have had two wheels forcibly extracted!!!

Regards,
John