E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

New E Class commercial - I am a Hippie!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Thumbs up New E Class commercial - I am a Hippie!

The new commercial for the new E Class. It could become a classic ad...

http://mercedes-benz.tv/en/clip-924/%22Hippie%22
Old 03-11-2009, 11:49 AM

E-350
I like it
Old 03-12-2009, 06:24 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
That's funny.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Banned

300E
Theres more videos on that website, one of the R&D process for the new e-class, very interesting
Old 06-19-2021, 05:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Mercedes-Benz, don't we all just love this iconic marque? When we look at the models available for a specific class, then, is what we see the only models made by Mercedes-Benz. Or do our national franchise decide what models we like and what models we do not like?

I have been on the USA configurator for the E-class estate and it might well be old age but the only vehicle I could find was the 'All terrain'??? What about the AMG-Line, Avantgarde, 4Matic, the E-class hybrids both petrol and diesel? Indeed what about all the diesel variants as Mercedes has gone back to the silky smooth straight 6 turbo-charged diesel. I think you are offered the proper AMG estate but I confess, I failed to check on that variant.

Mercedes-Benz USA and our national franchise decide what we like, and what we do not like and no two countries are the same. Before this latest facelift, in the UK we could have black 'plastic' interior or black 'plastic' interior although Mercedes prefer to call this 'plastic' as man-made leather. I wonder if we will ever see cows with this new 'skin'? After a dodgy start with the facelift 213 where the UK could only have the black leather interior, they have repented and offered black, grey and beige but NO Nappa options. Regarding the trim, the USA trumps us yet again as in the UK we can have the black trim, or the black trim. Yup a $70,000 car and you have no choice of trim whatsover. Mercedes-Benz UK told me this was decided after extensive market research????? I believe them no cow manure. My guess would be that these so-called market researchers were asking folks that had just parted with their wad of dollar bills if they were happy with their car and its features. "Do you like that stunning black interior of your car sir?" Does anyone believe the buyer would say it is rubbish?

I do not understand why road legal options and features are not available world-wide? If you want nappa leather interior then why not select that option? It is just a tick in a box which gets fed into a computer.

I believe that beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder and to me this new 213 facelift does not do anything for me. The grille for me makes the front of the car look sad. When I was looking at this thread I saw a beautiful E-class estate car was it described as an 'Executive'? Whatever it was called it had a stunning chrome grille that really screamed 'Mercedes-Benz' a beautiful car and clearly this owner loves their car.

Right, less waffle and more action.

I was more than a little displeased with what Mercedes-Benz UK were offering regarding options and features for the E-class and rather than sit on a fence and whinge, we figuratively got on our bikes and order an E-class through a main dealer in Belgium.

The UK told us we could only have the diesel hybrid estate, no choice regarding the petrol-powered variant. I am a HUGE fan of diesel-powered Mercedes vehicles but I hate being told what I can have and cannot have and YES the petrol hybrid estate is available in Belgium. Nappa leather interior with burred walnut trim neither of which is available in the UK. Another feature we wanted is the garage door opening option and yup, tis available in Belgium but not the UK We had huge fun getting features that we were told were 'No longer available for the E-class' What tosh, what lies and shame on Mercedes

NOT available in the UK, but yes this is our car and note the steering wheel is on the correct side of the car

Just me having fun. You can see the UK estate and how sad it looks and does my vehicle have some input from both the S-class and the Maybach. NOTE how our car has the bonnet gun-sight
'We are told our car is being collected from the Belgium main dealer today and if this happens then we should have the vehicle on maybe Monday

Last edited by glojo; 06-19-2021 at 05:39 AM.
Old 06-19-2021, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,753 Likes on 1,123 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
"Not Found" for me.
Old 06-19-2021, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,389 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Originally Posted by DFWdude
"Not Found" for me.
x2
Originally Posted by glojo
Mercedes-Benz USA and our national franchise decide what we like, and what we do not like and no two countries are the same.
It is called politics and is working 2 ways.
When I buy Mercedes cars for money savings and seek diesels, the diesels highly admired by European cabbies never made it to America.
That is due to MB USA politics to keep the brand with luxury image, when European citizens take them as taxi cabs.
So I am on the fence. On one side I was drooling over cheap 40 mpg wagons I could see in Europe, but on other I don't think I would like to drive car taken for a taxi.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,296 Likes on 886 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic wagon, 2019 Ford Expedition 4x4
on the post facelift W212 US model estates/wagons, the US Market had basically three choices.

1) E350 4matic 'luxury' (comfort suspension + elegance packages)
2) E350 4matic 'sport' (sport suspension + avante garde + AMG front/rear trim bits)
3) E63S 4matic beast

I have only seen *ONE* other 'luxury', 90%+ of the already pretty rare wagons are 'sport'. ditto on the sedans, 9 out of 10, maybe more than that, have the sport package.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,389 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
My 1st W212 was "limo" trim.
It had 4 vanity mirrors and seem darker tint. How many of those are in USA ?
Old 06-20-2021, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 914 Likes on 652 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by DFWdude
"Not Found" for me.
That OP is from 2009...