E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Availability????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Availability????

I'll be ready to buy my new ride by the end of the month/early July.
No dealer can tell me when this bad boy (E350)will be available, only that the coupe will be out by mid-June.

I'm getting decent lease quotes for the 09's, but I dont know...

What would you do? Get a 09'or wait a little bit?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:52 PM

E550 (W212) 2010
Delayed gratification

Often waiting a little pays back....

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...fa_fact_lehrer

Old 06-03-2009, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Wither you want a 09 or 10 its going to be a good idea to wait. I've seen the preview car (2010) and it rocks! But if your wanting a 09, its still going to pay to wait until the 2010 cars start rolling onto the lots, because there will be a decent sized price drop on the left over 09's. When I bought my C class they still had plenty of left over 07's and had a very hard time getting rid of them to the tune of still having 10 cars a year later. The price of the remaining 10 cars was cut nearly in half, granted these were C class cars, but the same will happen with the E class now that it has been changed so dramatically.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:45 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I was told mid June is when the first batches will start rolling in.

Either way I'd definitely wait until the '10's are out, as not only will you be able to make a better decision, but the prices on the '09's will get MUCH more aggressive, especially considering they're more expensive cars to begin with by about $5K. Significant discounts will be given.

Once you're able to extensively check out both and get hard numbers, I'd weigh your options and go with what works best for you. If you like the '09's more, then you're in a good situation as you'll get it for less, if you like the '10's more, then you'll have to pay more but obviously you're getting what you want and a new body style.

If you can, I'd wait until October or November as M-B will gauge how well the W212 is selling, and if numbers are weak, they may start blowing out great deals on those just to get a bunch on the road. Not to mention great "end of year" deals.

Last edited by K-A; 06-04-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Get it as a Christmas gift. I saw some thread about a guy who waited for 50 years to get first MB, because prices were not so low, technologies not so advanced and so on.

There is Murphy’s law, whatever how long you waited for the best deal or car, on next day after purchase you will find a better car and better deal. Too late… Actually the same for purchasing houses, jewelry…
Old 06-04-2009, 05:13 PM

C350
The only problems is that I need a car by mid-July

I'm clueless...I'm getting a FIAT and that's it!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:32 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

I think by then the new ones should be in large supply, problem is if you did decide to go with one it'll be too soon to get any kind of a good deal (one that will almost definitely arise months after). I'd say if you really like it enough to pay the premium knowing that rates will probably go down in time, then go for it. If you like the W211 more, then you can probably wheel and deal a helluva price.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by Dema
...whatever how long you waited for the best deal or car, on next day after purchase you will find a better car and better deal. Too late… Actually the same for purchasing houses, jewelry…

I agree... and is how it ALWAYS will be! If you're looking for the absolute "BESTEST" deal EVER, then might as well not get a car (or house, or jewelery), since there will ALWAYS be someone that gets a better deal than you later on on a later model with more features/technology and/or cheaper.

I actually followed this philosophy until recently... which is why I started car shopping in 2007, but didn't end up getting a car until now (after I switched my philosophy)! In my experience (after 2 years of research and waiting), I found that the chance of you getting the absolute BEST deal on a car (or house or jewelery) is virtually zero, because:

1) When you're ready to purchase the car that is "right" for you... chances are there is none left because other people already purchased them all (unless you want puke-green, or fuschia, or some other color you're 99% sure won't sell until there are absolutely NO cars left on the lot). Not everyone will be willing to wait for prices to drop to rock-bottom levels... people are dynamic, have different opinions, have different criteria, and have different budgets. They will purchase cars (or houses or jewelery) when the "time is right" (subjective to the individual and his/her financial and personal situation), and when it's convenient for them. What isn't the "best" deal to you, may be an "awesome" deal to others!

2) When you're ready to purchase the car that is "right" for you... along comes next year's model that has more features, better technology, and is a better bang-for-the-buck because some options now come "standard" in the car (either that or the promotions got a little better, like 1.9% APR, $1,000 off dealership coupons, etc). Now you have to wait another year until the NEW model car will be "discontinued" for the BEST price on it... but then the following year's model comes out that has even more features, better technology, and is a better bang-for-the-buck!

3) When you're ready to purchase the car that is "right" for you... just realize that chances are there are other places in the U.S. where people are probably getting BETTER deals than you (either lower tax rates, or demand is very low for MB in certain parts of the U.S. so they may be more desperate to "get rid" of their existing inventory at a greater discount, or they may have bought at a time when local MB dealership promotions were better, etc). And even if you live in the location where MB is in the least demand, there will always be that "oddball" deal that someone will get that is better than yours (ie: discounted fleet pricing on a brand new car, employee lease pricing on a brand new car, someone buying a reposessed 2009 "like brand new" car for 50% off with only 100 miles on it, etc).

A wise friend told me that don't expect to get the BEST deal on your car... just calculate a figure that will be acceptable for YOU to pay for this car, one that the car is worth to you... one that will keep you satisfied and you won't have any regrets. Then during shopping/negotiations, if the figure falls below this limit, then you know you're going to buy the car (after you complete negotiations with your salesman and get him to go as low as he/she's willing to go of course!). But if the figure is still above this limit after negotiations have completed, then just walk away and wait for another opportunity. This method makes it A LOT easier to shop for cars IMO, and takes A LOT of the stress away! That's how I got my 2009 E350, and I am extremely pleased how well this method works!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:03 PM

E350
Originally Posted by brainzito
The only problems is that I need a car by mid-July

I'm clueless...I'm getting a FIAT and that's it!

IMO, you should probably do some research as to what MB model and configuration you want, then find out how many are in your local area (the area you're willing to travel around to buy a car). If there are a few left, then I don't think you need to be in a huge rush to buy until July (depending on your local demand for that car model and configuration). If there is only 1 left, and that's confirmed by several dealers you talked to, then I would consider getting that car pretty soon (before July), especially IF you REALLY must have that exact configuration and model (but if you're flexible on a lot of the options, then you have less to worry... because even IF that 1 car sells, you're still just as satisfied with an alternate configuration, right?).
Old 06-08-2009, 05:20 PM

C350
Thanks guys...

I'm seriously debating whether to get a 2009 E350 or a 2010 C350 for 24 months and then get the W212.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 PM

2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Thanks guys...

I'm seriously debating whether to get a 2009 E350 or a 2010 C350 for 24 months and then get the W212.
E350 hands down. You will not regret it. Driving the two cars is like night and day. Go for a test drive and I'm sure you'll agree with me.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:19 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Thanks guys...

No doubt the E. I've driven the new C many times and personally feel it is hands down the most low-rent Sedan M-B has built in a while. No comparison really.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:08 PM

E350
Thanks guys...

I agree with LaicepsYdobon and K-A. Between the 2, the E350 is better IMO.

Personally, the only "reasons" I would consider the C350 was if:

1) It had an absolute CRITICAL option that I MUST have that wasn't on the E350 (like the optional Backup Camera on the 2010 C350),

2) Or I liked the stiffer/harsher ride (the E350 is A LITTLE more luxurious feeling, the C350 is a noticeably stiffer ride),

3) Or I absolutely loved the C-Class body style and hated the E-Class body style,

4) Or I absolutely HAD to have the 0.4 second faster acceleration,

4) Or I absolutely HAD to have the extra foot or so of turning radius (if I navigate through extremely tight streets/traffic),

5) Or I absolutely HAD to have the shorter length & width (if I had to park in EXTREMELY tight parking spots, or narrow alley ways... like some places in Europe/Asia),

6) Or I absolutely HAD to have the pop-up GPS Navigation screen because it's "SO COOL" (yes, I have a friend that used this excuse and almost got a C350 instead of an E350 because of it... until I pointed out to her that the steering wheel in the E350 also moves upon startup... then she was OK with the E350).

If none of these reasons fit you, then I think you're better off in an E350.

Last edited by chokaay; 06-11-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:36 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

It's actually funny to me how different people have different opinions toward the Pop-Up Navi. Many think it's really "coool" and "tricK", while someone like me, who first saw it when I had a C to drive was like "WTF? M-B couldn't even put enough $$ into the interior of this car to design a proper Screen placement and surrounding dash? this reminds me of some tricked out aftermarket unit." Haha. I mean, the age group they go for will appreciate it, but obviously no matter how cool some see it, they would never put a unit like that in an upper car like an S, E, etc.

The C does have a much more nimble ride, I think the ride comfort, interior, and handling would be an immediate decision maker.... or breaker, for either car, depending on the person and what they're after. When I checked out a C before buying my E, aside from being appalled by the interior right away, I liked how you can throw it around easily, but much preferred the smoother and more dampened ride of the E.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:39 PM

E350
Originally Posted by K-A
When I checked out a C before buying my E, aside from being appalled by the interior right away, I liked how you can throw it around easily, but much preferred the smoother and more dampened ride of the E.

That's exactly what my was too...