E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2010 Mercedes EClass at my dealership in Bloomfield Hills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 09:29 PM

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts
2010 Mercedes EClass at my dealership in Bloomfield Hills

There where 8 E Class in the parking lot all with sport packages but no 4 matics. I have to say they all look stunning and muscular. Very nice proportion and Benz like. Excellent inside quality of materials. Can't wait to drive one.
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Mercedes EClass at my dealership in Bloomfield Hills-img00034.jpg  
Old 06-28-2009, 10:16 AM

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
--
what colors did you see and which looked best in the flesh?

that silver to the left of the white one looks nice (possibly same color the E63 was shown in at NY Auto Show)

Do you have any more pics?
Old 06-28-2009, 01:43 PM

Hey,

I don't have more pics right now since I had my camera phone but I plan to drop by tomorrow for a test drive and will try to take more pics. The silver color next to the white one looks fabulous. There where 3 color choices out for all 9 cars on the lot, white, black, and silver. And to be honest the car looks great in all three of those colors and I have a tough time deciding what color to settle on. I was confused by the fact that all the cars had the sports package but some had only the wheels with all season tires while others had teh sports package with the sports steering wheel and summer tires. All had 18 inch rims.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:16 PM

--
Awesome, looking forward to your impressions and pictures.

I'm facing the same quandry. Slver or black.

Also, to a lesser degree, whether or not the driver convenience package is worth 3k. I want blind spot detection, can do without the rest.

I'm also curious if you got to see a black ash wood interior. Looks beautiful in the E63 pics I've seen
Old 06-28-2009, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by eliontakis

Also, to a lesser degree, whether or not the driver convenience package is worth 3k. I want blind spot detection, can do without the rest.
Be sure you test drive one with the blind spot detection option, as similar options on other cars have been giving false positives due to automatic door sensors in front of super markets and when the option is turned on it sets radar detectors off. In a new Volvo with the same option Car and Driver ripped them up and down for putting an option on a car that clearly didn't work. Although they did give them props for allowing the user to turn it completely off lol.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
where is bloomfield hills?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:20 AM

--
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Be sure you test drive one with the blind spot detection option, as similar options on other cars have been giving false positives due to automatic door sensors in front of super markets and when the option is turned on it sets radar detectors off. In a new Volvo with the same option Car and Driver ripped them up and down for putting an option on a car that clearly didn't work. Although they did give them props for allowing the user to turn it completely off lol.
uggg sounds like a disaster.

i was driving last night, and even in the land of blatant disregard for lane markings (take your pick: BQE in NY, or Dan Ryan in Chicago) I'm not sure I need anything in that package, blindspot detection included.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
Originally Posted by Baloo588
Hey,

I don't have more pics right now since I had my camera phone but I plan to drop by tomorrow for a test drive and will try to take more pics. The silver color next to the white one looks fabulous. There where 3 color choices out for all 9 cars on the lot, white, black, and silver. And to be honest the car looks great in all three of those colors and I have a tough time deciding what color to settle on. I was confused by the fact that all the cars had the sports package but some had only the wheels with all season tires while others had teh sports package with the sports steering wheel and summer tires. All had 18 inch rims.
the interior of these cars are the same too, they all came with black ash wood trim which I don't like. the test drive vehicle at Rochester, MI location has the more traditional Burl Walnut wood trim and it came with premium 2 and driver assist packages. It is a great car and I'm just gonna have to wait for the 4MATIC version
Old 06-29-2009, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by norb
where is bloomfield hills?
It is in Oakland County which is in Southeast Michigan.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:26 AM

2004 E500
uggg sounds like a disaster.

i was driving last night, and even in the land of blatant disregard for lane markings (take your pick: BQE in NY, or Dan Ryan in Chicago) I'm not sure I need anything in that package, blindspot detection included.
My Q7 came with distronic plus and blind spot assist, and after driving it for 3 years I can't see my self driving a car without these options; they are extremely useful if you do a lot of highway driving; and just like the airbags when we had to pay for them as an option, these drive assist systems are going to be standard on every car in the near future.
although this the first time they are offered on the E-Class, these systems are radar based and at least 5 years old and they are very well tested unlike the Volvo's camera based system.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:55 PM

--
Originally Posted by MOZART
My Q7 came with distronic plus and blind spot assist, and after driving it for 3 years I can't see my self driving a car without these options; they are extremely useful if you do a lot of highway driving; and just like the airbags when we had to pay for them as an option, these drive assist systems are going to be standard on every car in the near future.
although this the first time they are offered on the E-Class, these systems are radar based and at least 5 years old and they are very well tested unlike the Volvo's camera based system.
very nice to hear someone has had a very positive experience with this system.

thanks for the input. i've officially flip flopped back to a yea from a nea
Old 06-29-2009, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Well thats why I said to be sure and test drive one and try it out for yourself. I haven't read any reviews of the E class system yet, so each one can be different, might work perfect, or might not. The problem I foresee is that finding a car on the lot with that option might be few and far between.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:49 PM

2004 E500
I saw the Black ash wood. I t is fabulous.
Awesome, looking forward to your impressions and pictures.

I'm facing the same quandry. Slver or black.

I'm also curious if you got to see a black ash wood interior. Looks beautiful in the E63 pics I've seen
Old 06-30-2009, 10:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Blind Spot Assist

Regarding the Blind Spot Assist feature, I can tell you from my experience on the S-Class that it is very impressive - likely the best of any of those which are offered by other brands and I can't remember ever getting a false reading. The warning is very accurate and clear, yet subtle enough not to be annoying. Also, I would have to ditto the comments previously regarding Distronic PLUS, after getting used to it, I would hope to have it on my next car. Yes, it's expensive, but the level of support it provides the driver is outstanding. Was in slow traffic over the weekend - just crawling along the intersatate - and the stop and go functionality of the system made the hour long commute much more pleasant. The reduction in stress was amazing. If you can swing the extra dollars, do it. Once you have it, it is hard to go back.