E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Pic 2010 White/Pano E550 Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 08:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550.. Gone but never forgotton - E63 AMG..
Pic 2010 White/Pano E550 Sport

This is pretty much exactly what my car will look like when I pick it up next week, except for the interior.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:42 PM

Pic 2010 White/Pano E550 Sport-550-sprt.jpg
Old 09-26-2009, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M-B GLE, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche Boxster (spouse)
OK, looks like a white 212.

Next, how about inside & out pics of yours, off the showroom floor with plates attached.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by MB_Owner
OK, looks like a white 212.

Next, how about inside & out pics of yours, off the showroom floor with plates attached.
Will be posting pics in the coming days but dont expect to see a front plate, i will not have the dealer drill holes on the beatiful front end. Hopefully i dont get ticketed too often..

Funny how K-A avoids the threads that show how beautiful the new E is but he will jump on any thing negative, tool bag. The new E makes yours look like it belongs in the museum.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:36 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by ESIX3POWER
Will be posting pics in the coming days but dont expect to see a front plate, i will not have the dealer drill holes on the beatiful front end. Hopefully i dont get ticketed too often..

Funny how K-A avoids the threads that show how beautiful the new E is but he will jump on any thing negative, tool bag. The new E makes yours look like it belongs in the museum.
Hey braggart, why don't you keep my E-name out of your mouth?

Funny you can't be as mature in your opinion about my car as I am yours.... Museum? Your from NY right? Yeahh, figures. I imagine a loud-mouthed guido.

I avoid them because I don't want to **** on them, like this.

Again, I doubt your taste in design since you can actually call the new one "beautiful". I haven't seen anyone express their love of the new look like you have yet. You called it "the hottest car of the year" or something like that.

And again, I have expressed that from some angles I do like the new car, and don't think it's "ugly" at all, I just think it's a step down design-wise and un-M-B like, a bit messy, and too angular for my tastes. So quite being a big baby about it.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
It is actually ugly...
Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by aeggroup
It is actually ugly...
Whether some people like it or some people hate it, it's clear that it's a polarizing and controversial design. That part is certain.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
What color interior you getting? Btw, I like how the dealership already has changed the side markers
Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Hey braggart, why don't you keep my E-name out of your mouth?

Funny you can't be as mature in your opinion about my car as I am yours.... Museum? Your from NY right? Yeahh, figures. I imagine a loud-mouthed guido.

I avoid them because I don't want to **** on them, like this.

Again, I doubt your taste in design since you can actually call the new one "beautiful". I haven't seen anyone express their love of the new look like you have yet. You called it "the hottest car of the year" or something like that.

And again, I have expressed that from some angles I do like the new car, and don't think it's "ugly" at all, I just think it's a step down design-wise and un-M-B like, a bit messy, and too angular for my tastes. So quite being a big baby about it.
Dude, it's a sign of the times. You can't voice your opinion about the government and current administration anymore and now you can't voice your opinion on a car's design on a car forum
Old 09-29-2009, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by aeggroup
It is actually ugly...

Another E350 W211 driver hating on the 2010 E550, Have you ordered your dinosaur lic plates yet ?

I'm certainly positive that you and the other hater would turn down a straight up trade of your wack E350 for the new body E550.

Please tell me otherwise..
Old 09-29-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by gaazmon
Dude, it's a sign of the times. You can't voice your opinion about the government and current administration anymore and now you can't voice your opinion on a car's design on a car forum
You can voice it once,twice,maybe 3 times ? But every single day,constantly ? Now you have crossed over to obsession.. Nice car by the way.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:52 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Hahaha, indeed.

Another E350 W211 driver hating on the 2010 E550, Have you ordered your dinosaur lic plates yet ?

I'm certainly positive that you and the other hater would turn down a straight up trade of your wack E350 for the new body E550.

Aw, it must be nice to rest assured the only people who don't like your "beautiful" () W212 are haters driving ancient W211's.

Simple minded folk will think in simple minded ways, no reason to try and convince them otherwise. Enjoy paying absurdly high Lease prices for a run-of-the-mill E-Class.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Talking

LOL...I'm actually going for S550...I said it long time ago. I'm just waiting till the end of my lease, which is about 6 months. No more E ....bye E....bye for the next 7 years....And I wish you happy owning of this ugly mashine.....My god..it's sooo ugly )))
Old 09-29-2009, 11:28 PM

BMW X5
Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean everyone's dying to hear it. You w211 guys remind me of a drunken redneck who once tried to convince me of the superiority of "American muscle". Sure, he was opinionated....but that didn't change the fact that he was a moron.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by capp325
Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean everyone's dying to hear it. You w211 guys remind me of a drunken redneck who once tried to convince me of the superiority of "American muscle". Sure, he was opinionated....but that didn't change the fact that he was a moron.

And on that same note, the w212 guys who keep repeating that the W211 is "ancient", "a dinosaur", "belongs in a museum", "a piece of s**t", etc... and that the w212 is sooooooooo much better sounds like they are regretting they missed out on getting a new 2009 w211 (at an awesome price might I add) and had to settle for an "ugly" and "cheap" w212.

Honestly, this all falls under one big "gray area". On one hand, the freedom of speech is a sacred right in the U.S. and many other countries, and it does add to the depth of discussions and threads when people from all perspectives and sides discuss the differences in their views and opinions. On the other hand, when the same arguments are stated over-and-over, it does NOT add to the diversity or depth of the discussion anymore... and when personal attacks become involved, that goes against forum rules (remember that "freedom of speech" does NOT mean this freedom is limitless... even on private-owned Internet bulletin boards and forums).

That being said, I've held my toungue about this w211 v. w212 debate since I felt it wouldn't help anything, however I just want to address those readers out there who think ALL w211 owners are jealous of those that have w212's: WE'RE NOT! Honestly, if we wanted a w212, why would be purchase a w211 instead? We all read MBWorld.org, and knew the w212 was going to be a complete redesign over a year before it came out. We all saw the spy shots and concept art as to what the w212 would look like months before it came out. We could have waited a few months until the w212 hit the dealerships before we bought. But we didn't. Why? We all have our reasons. If you want to hear mine, I personally feel that MB seriously messed up on the exterior of the vehicle, and didn't do as good of a job as they should have for the interior look/styling/quality/design of this vehicle.

The exterior simply looks terrible... especially the rear. It's as if MB merged the front of a Cadillac CTS/MB w211 with the rear made of a mixture of Cadillac CTS/Lincoln Zephyr/Toyota Camry/Hyundai/Audi A6, and the took inspiration from Lexus and other Japanese cars for the overall styling. Honestly, this vehicle looks more Japanese/Korean than German (especially from the back). If you look closely, you'll notice many details that don't complement the vehicle's style as a whole but rather destroys it (like why in the world did MB design a sharp plastic peak/ridge into the outer corner of each tail light... it just ruins the whole shape of the light AND the flow/style of the rear corners of the car!).

The interior isn't that bad, and in many ways seems more luxurious on the surface (which it is compared to a base w211 E350... but isn't as much compared to a fully loaded w211 E350/E550/E63). One thing I don't like is the quality of materials used in the center console, buttons and radio dial, steering wheel, dash, and plastic trim (which seems like the same plastics used in the Toyota Camry and Lexus ES-series... too cheap for this level of car). A good portion of the interior looks borrowed from the C-Class, which is good for MB as a cost-saving measure, but bad for people shelling out for the 2010 E-Class. And then there are a few design points that I like less than the interior design of the W211 (like the column shifter on the sedan).

Everyone has his or her own opinion on the w211 or w212... just like any other product out there. Are there some people who regret getting the w211? Sure there are... just like there are people that regret getting the w212 (my MIL for one). But that doesn't mean that EVERYONE that got a w211 regrets it... just like EVERYONE that got a w212 doesn't regret it either. Keep that in mind before bashing other members based on their choice of vehicle... after all, they're ALL Mercedes-Benz, whether we like it or not!

Last edited by chokaay; 09-30-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:06 AM

BMW X5
Originally Posted by chokaay
And on that same note, the w212 guys who keep repeating that the W211 is "ancient", "a dinosaur", "belongs in a museum", "a piece of s**t", etc... and that the w212 is sooooooooo much better sounds like they are regretting they missed out on getting a new 2009 w211 (at an awesome price might I add) and had to settle for an "ugly" and "cheap" w212.
Fair enough....but last I checked, w212 owners weren't all over the w211 forum telling everyone how much the old model sucks. If I went there and started posting long-winded rants on how that car looks like a 1996 Taurus, how poorly it handles, and how much nicer the new model is, I doubt I would get a warm welcome from w211 owners.

What we've got here is a handful of w211-owning old farts (they must be retired to have so much time on their hands) who apparently have nothing better to do than compose repetitive tirades on subjects that have already been discussed a thousand times. Why can't these elderly gentlemen take their "intellectual pursuits" to the w211 forum? I'm sure they would find a much more receptive audience there and I'm sure no w212 owner would take objection to that. Instead, these guys choose to hang out on this forum and inject it with pointless negativity. Isn't that a typical example of trolling?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:23 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Apparently our opinions have made quite the impression on you.

Again, wasting your time ranting about all those apparently "jealous" W211 owners is doing nobody any good. Now all we have is an X5 owner starting flame-fests everywhere.

Again, if you guys think the 212 is nicer, then express it, by resorting to the immature "we're cooler than you because we like newer stuff" makes you lose instantly.

So now all W211 owners are old farts? Hahaha. You guys crack me up.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nice car by the way.
Thank you . How do you like the 550, speed and handling wise, compared to your E63. Do you notice that much of a difference? Just wondering as I've always thought the 550 as more than adequate for my needs (or as some would say, my wants)

OK, WARNING... This is really off topic what I am about to say:

All I have to say is I wouldn't buy a Bentley Continental GT. My uncle has one in his shop all the time and I decided to really sit in it and give it a go on the road. It was fast, but so is a CL600. Just so many things bothered me about the interior: very dark, dials were a little odd, no sunroof, no dynamic seats, narrow windshield, no WOOD STEERING WHEEL, etc etc just so many things I didn't like. Lol, I know it's off topic but I just had to complain about it. I don't know why anyone would buy a Bentley Continental GT over a CL600 (besides the fact of the name Bentley). The damn thing is in the shop more than with the owner, I always see it there.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:38 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Yeah Bentley GT is kinda weak IMO too. I'd rather go Benz no doubt.

Ironically it is a bit on topic, as the 212 copied it's rear fender hump (along with copying Toyota's Highlander in that dept as well), and covered it up with the "Pontoon" gimmick.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Fair enough....but last I checked, w212 owners weren't all over the w211 forum telling everyone how much the old model sucks. If I went there and started posting long-winded rants on how that car looks like a 1996 Taurus, how poorly it handles, and how much nicer the new model is, I doubt I would get a warm welcome from w211 owners.

...these guys choose to hang out on this forum and inject it with pointless negativity. Isn't that a typical example of trolling?

I agree. It would be better if they were kept to each respective forum. IMO, the only reason to post in the other forum would be because someone started a topic that compared or discussed both the w211 and w212... in which case I would say it's fair game to post opinions on both cars (both positive and negative) as long as it's done in a constructive manner that focuses on the cars at hand (and not attack individuals).

At the same time, I would say there are a few people in these forums that may be too "sensitive" to negative comments about their model car (w212, or w211, or w204, or whatever) and always takes each attack personally. They tend to jump on ANYONE who speaks badly about their model car (w212, w211, w204, etc). In this case I would say these people need to calm down and realize that there is NO ONE perfect car for EVERYONE... for some people w211 is best, for others w212, for others w204, for others a non-Mercedes car, etc. Just because someone doesn't like your model car and posts their opinion doesn't mean you must personally attack their character. Instead, rebut their comments and start an informative discussion. Some people need to loosen up...
The following users liked this post:
pb39374 (11-08-2020)
Old 09-30-2009, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo, derk. Congrats on your 10th informative and beneficial contribution to MBWorld. Keep 'em rolling, holmes.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is pretty much exactly what my car will look like when I pick it up next week, except for the interior.
p.s., also want to say congrats, btw. Many on the AMG board were surprised you did the switch to the 550 as you well remember. https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...2010-e550.html

You should post your opinions about the two back on the AMG board after you get a few miles on it; do a follow up to your above thread.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 124 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
I think K-A, 220S, GAAZMON, have all made their point and although I may not agree , they certainly have a right to express themselves. They are the main contributors on all the threads of the W212 Forum. Between them,they have the most postings on the completely satisfied thread, even though they mostly dislike this car. They have hijacked every thread on this model. They have made their point and it may be time for them to move back to the W211 forum with people who have a keen interest in that car. There is nothing more they can contribute here. They have nothing to offer since their experience with this car is a fifteen minute test drive or less.
It would be nice to have discussions with owners or potential owners who are entusiasts of this model. I'm sure most of us would like this forum to be like the other MB forums but instead all we have is a pissing contest.

Guys, it is time to say adios, arriverderci, choa, adieu, buy buy!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 220S
p.s., also want to say congrats, btw. Many on the AMG board were surprised you did the switch to the 550 as you well remember. https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...2010-e550.html

You should post your opinions about the two back on the AMG board after you get a few miles on it; do a follow up to your above thread.
Numbers look good on that deal though. Not bad at all. Ya, they wanted waaayyyyy too much for you to buy the 63. It's always like that, with pretty much every car out there.

I think you made a good move with not going with new 63 as in a few years, the new AMG twin turbo engine that info has been flowing around the web should be coming out. I'm very excited to see what that engine will be like as BMW, Audi, and Porsche will have some competition on their turbo models. The M5/M6 will also be getting a V8 twin turbo instead of the natural V10 from what I've heard.

Also, figure it's the 1st year they are putting a bunch of new stuff in the E AMG variant such as completely new tranny, launch mode, etc so it might be a good idea to wait a year for them to get the bugs out of some of that stuff.

And if you don't really care about that extra 100+ hp, you can always still get sound (exhaust system) and even handling (lowering and other methods). The 550 is a lot faster than the 500 so I don't think you'll be disappointed if your not a hp junkie.

Last edited by gaazmon; 09-30-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sedan, W212 E550
Anyone know where to get the smoked side markers? I have a steel grey on order and would love to get a set of those..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pic 2010 White/Pano E550 Sport