E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Is HTC Droid Incredible compatible with E350?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinto
Is HTC Droid Incredible compatible with E350?

Went to Verizon store today to get new phone and decided to go with droid incredible but the Verizon guy said there is no guarantee if the phone will work with the car. Called Mercedes dealership and he said check online..

any idea?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 M3 ZCP, 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS, 2018 Tesla Model X, 2023 McLaren 720S Spider
Are you referring to the bluetooth feature? I don't see why it wouldn't work. Have you tried pairing it to the car?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:02 AM

Pinto
placed a hold on the order since the Verizon guy said he wasn't sure if it will work. Trying to make sure before I tell them to ship the phone. I am guessing the basic features should work but would love to confirm it from other android users here.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by clanosiris
placed a hold on the order since the Verizon guy said he wasn't sure if it will work. Trying to make sure before I tell them to ship the phone. I am guessing the basic features should work but would love to confirm it from other android users here.
Hopefully the HTC Android is better than the Motorola Android my colleague is using, not even basic things seem to work with that product and he has the latest SW etc.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
fwiw, http://www.wirefly.com/learn/resourc...otorola-droid/
Old 05-05-2010, 01:59 PM

Pinto
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Hopefully the HTC Android is better than the Motorola Android my colleague is using, not even basic things seem to work with that product and he has the latest SW etc.
is he able to make and receive calls? I know most users are not able to import contacts.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:49 AM

CLK Cab
Originally Posted by clanosiris
is he able to make and receive calls? I know most users are not able to import contacts.
Well I got a 2008 CLK with the bluetooth dongle and it works 100% with my HTC Eris. My phonebook, calls made and calls received just fine. And my phonebook is imported correctly with /W, /H, /M and /O after the contact name so you if for example 1 entry has work, home and cell number you will see that name 3x with correct / corresponding to what number it is.

Only thing that does not seem to work is the voicemail indicator on the command center which was working correctly with my old Nokia phone which is not a big deal as most of the time I do not get voicemails messages while in the car, unless someone happens to call me when I am in an underground parking lot or some other place without any reception but I normally keep my phone in my pocket so I fell the vibration indicator on the phone to alert me that a message came in. Btw on my 08 CLK sms indicator does not show up on the command on either phone which is why I keep my phone in my pocket.

So I assume considering HTC Incredible is an update to HTC Eris it should work as well as the Eris if not better. Unless older bluetooth pucks are better bluetooth system than the current bluetooth adaptors included in new cars.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:22 PM

2008 E 350
Bluetooth Droid Incredible connection to E350

I have a 2008 E350 and I had my iPhone linked to my car via bluetooth, all worked fine.

I just purchased a HTC Incredible (Droid) for myself and one for my wife. We have tried and tried to link up with the MB (via bluetooth) and It never connects. The phone is searching for something to link up to and it never links.
I have linked the Incredible to my Mac Book. So the bluetooth works and can connect to anouther devise.

I have gone into the setup on the droid and turned on bluetooth and selected "scan for devises. I then click the button in the car and it never links. I have tried changing the setup on the droid. To make it discoverable etc. And nothing. The little ball turns and turns on the MB display. But they never connect.

When I get in the car it see's the phone and the little ball on the MB screen turns and turns. And then displays Phone off.

I do not know what to do to fix this problem.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by jkring
I have a 2008 E350 and I had my iPhone linked to my car via bluetooth, all worked fine.

I just purchased a HTC Incredible (Droid) for myself and one for my wife. We have tried and tried to link up with the MB (via bluetooth) and It never connects. The phone is searching for something to link up to and it never links.
I have linked the Incredible to my Mac Book. So the bluetooth works and can connect to anouther devise.

I have gone into the setup on the droid and turned on bluetooth and selected "scan for devises. I then click the button in the car and it never links. I have tried changing the setup on the droid. To make it discoverable etc. And nothing. The little ball turns and turns on the MB display. But they never connect.

When I get in the car it see's the phone and the little ball on the MB screen turns and turns. And then displays Phone off.

I do not know what to do to fix this problem.
Sounds like you are searching the car from the phone BT menu while you should search for the phone from the car BT menu (according to the manual).
Old 05-11-2010, 04:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
E400S4 '17
HTC Hero a partial success

I was able to pair my HTC Hero (Android 2.1) with a 2010 C300 today.
I initiated the discovery on the vehicle and set my phone BT options to scan. I used the 0000 code to authorize.

It worked for making calls but did not provide any other features such as address book synchronization.

Call quality was fine.
The phone automatically paired the next time I started the car.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:55 PM

CLK Cab
Is the old MB pucks more capable than than built in bluetooth adaptors in the newer MB cars? Like I said I have a CLK 08 and my HTC Eris downloads the phonebook, received and dialed calls just fine.

Way I sync my phone to my car was I hit the button on my bluetooth puck in my center console and the blue light started flashing, then I went into my Eris bluetooth menu and hit find bluetooth devices and found a device called "MB Phone System" I then selected it and enter MBUSA(62872) as the pairing code like manual states.

I have an E-Class Cab on order which is at the port, waiting to clear would be kinda of disappointed if my CLK 08 sync correctly with my Eris and new E-Class did not.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:10 PM

s600
2011 e sedan, droid incredible pairs and all phone features work fine. HOWEVER droid will NOT work with MBrace! ..works only with iphone & blackberry. They have been telling us for over a year that "they are working on it." Sure would like to see some progress.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by lfranklin
2011 e sedan, droid incredible pairs and all phone features work fine. HOWEVER droid will NOT work with MBrace! ..works only with iphone & blackberry. They have been telling us for over a year that "they are working on it." Sure would like to see some progress.
Explain please.How does any smartphone "work" with mBrace? I though mBrace worked through a self contained cell phone connection...that's what happens with mine when I'm downloading destinations I've sent to the car via google maps.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:45 AM

s600
Mbrace mobile app:
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/mbrace/mobile_application