E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

E350 4Matic order Question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4Matic P1 18" rims
E350 4Matic order Question?

Hi i am planing to order a E350 4Matic. Do you need to order the P2 Package in order to have XENON headlights.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
E400S4 '17
Originally Posted by S420merc
Hi i am planing to order a E350 4Matic. Do you need to order the P2 Package in order to have XENON headlights.
In the US the BiXenon lights are only available as part of the P2 package.

News on 2011 model year changes from Europe includes BiXenon as standard in the Avantgarde package. [link].

No official news on E350/E550 2011 changes (if any) for US models.
Canadian changes for 2011 are already listed and discussed elsewhere on the forums, but they have yet another variation of standard and optional features.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
The only change on the Canadian cars for 2011, is the pano roof is no longer standard. It is now part of the premium package. I would not expect the base price to go down with this deletion however the premium package will certainly increase.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:34 PM

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by S420merc
Not necessarily, see if you can order just the lighting package (code P35).

P35 - Lighting Package
(Heated headlamp washers, Adaptive Bi-xenon headlamps
w/ active curve illumination, LED drl's, Adaptive hi-beam assist)

Last edited by MB_FanAddict; 05-26-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by MB_FanAddict
Not necessarily, see if you can order just the lighting package (code P35).

P35 - Lighting Package
(Heated headlamp washers, Adaptive Bi-xenon headlamps
w/ active curve illumination, LED drl's, Adaptive hi-beam assist)
Don't believe there is a stand alone Xenon package for the W212. As I recall when I ordered mine late last year I had to include P2 to have them. On my 2010 ML550 there is a lighting package which I did order with my ML, also late last year.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by sosh
Don't believe there is a stand alone Xenon package for the W212. As I recall when I ordered mine late last year I had to include P2 to have them. On my 2010 ML550 there is a lighting package which I did order with my ML, also late last year.
Yes, MBUSA does not offer have the lighting package as a stand alone option for the W212,
but it is on the German site.

So it possibly could be special ordered. People have special ordered Designo paint/leather not
on the US site. Why not other options?

If allowed, it probably would incur a special order charge but it would be worth it to get what you want.

Not sure why they do this (everything bundled in option packages).
Sure, it could save you some $$$ but not if the packages include options you don't want.

MBUSA should have more à la carte options for all of the W212 models.
(Heated rear seats/steering wheel, the exclusive leather package,
Airmatic, 4-zone climate control, Designo paint/upholstery just to name a few)

S420merc, if you decide to pursue this please let us know what happens.

Last edited by MB_FanAddict; 05-26-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Yes, MBUSA does not offer have the lighting package as a stand alone option for the W212,

So it possibly could be special ordered. People have special ordered Designo paint/leather not

If allowed, it probably would incur a special order charge but It would be worth it to get what you want.

Sure, it could save you some $$$ but not if the packages include options you don't want.

When I ordered mine it was not even a special order item. Had to buy P2. However after looking over all the stuff in P2 I decided it would be nice to have. Yes would be nice to have alacarte items but thats rare with MB these days, at least in the US. On my ML550 that is also a 2010 Airmatic was a special order triggering the special order charge. Was not that way with my 06 ML500. You can't be speaking from experience as it seems you do not have a 212 or any other MB for that matter.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC

If allowed, it probably would incur a special order charge but it would be worth it to get what you want.

Bi-Xenon headlamps are only available in Premium 2 in the US and cannot be special ordered. Just as an fyi, MBUSA introduced a special order program last year that allows certain options to be ordered that are not on the standard list. Some examples for the E-Class Sedan are the Chestnut Brown leather, Aluminum trim, Heated Steering Wheel, and Heated Rear Seats. The Special Order charge is pretty reasonable too, only $250 + plus the option cost. Some options don't have any charge for the option, just the Special Order fee.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:05 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by pmb600
Bi-Xenon headlamps are only available in Premium 2 in the US and cannot be special ordered. Just as an fyi, MBUSA introduced a special order program last year that allows certain options to be ordered that are not on the standard list. Some examples for the E-Class Sedan are the Chestnut Brown leather, Aluminum trim, Heated Steering Wheel, and Heated Rear Seats. The Special Order charge is pretty reasonable too, only $250 + plus the option cost. Some options don't have any charge for the option, just the Special Order fee.

Thanks for the info pmb600.
I just thought it was a distant possibility the OP could look into, but now we (I) know it's not possible.

I was unaware that they have an actual special order program; I would have thought the charge
would have been more! They should publicize this on the website.

Good to know if your in the market.

Even though I don't own a W212 (or any Mercedes currently; although I do plan on getting another one)
and will probably never be in the market for a W212 (If I had the $$$ I'd have a E350 Bluetec diesel on order!),
I enjoy following the new models and the various ordering specs available interest me.

Chris - MB_FanAddict
Old 05-28-2010, 08:46 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
E400S4 '17
Originally Posted by petee1997
The only change on the Canadian cars for 2011, is the pano roof is no longer standard. It is now part of the premium package. I would not expect the base price to go down with this deletion however the premium package will certainly increase.
Here is a link which includes a pdf document with the Canadian E350/E550 2011 changes.