E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Returning a vehicle to the dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz S600
Originally Posted by petee1997
Well someone has to defend 600's right to make a fool of himself and it might as well be me. I agree with everyone's comments but I sort of enjoy this guy's attempt at humor. What makes it funny is how inept he is, yet he has given this thread legs and certainly woke everyone up. The responses are amusing. 220S can cut someone a new a@#hole with the precision of a laser and still be civil. We need this this from time to time and for that reason 600 should not be banned.
Thanks for the backhanded compliment. You post may be laden with inaccuracies but at least you, like many others, haven't taken himself so seriously to the point of revealing what a tighta$$ they are.

In short, you credit my being "inept" at humor (despite posts to the contrary lol) for keeping the forum sharp. The flaw in that theory is that it emphasizes how inaccurate some's criticisms are. If this is them awake, imagine when they are asleep??? That precision laser sure needs recalibrating.

If I am indeed making a fool of myself, I have to ask...what are the consequences? The responses to something relatively innocuous reveal more about those so easily offended and self-important than they do me lol.

Happy Holidays to all! (no sarcasm)
Old 12-23-2010, 08:11 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
........it's lonely at the top.........
Old 12-23-2010, 08:41 PM

Mercedes-Benz S600
Originally Posted by hyperion667

Hey, I'll take you at your word.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by OnlyMercedes600
Hey, I'll take you at your word.
Originally Posted by hyperion667

Trust hyper. He is lonely at the top. Please join him if you can and he allows it.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
fwiw, I called the dude's game out way back on post #34. https://mbworld.org/forums/4424302-post43.html Then I came across him trying hard to be witty on other boards in my next post: https://mbworld.org/forums/4424708-post50.html

The problem is that his game wasn't good enough to be taken seriously in the first place. That was his downfall. Humor is tricky and it takes the right stuff to be good at it. There are some people on other forums who can do it really well. This guy is a fail with a big F.

Then he got obnoxious and lame with his ethnic and racial innuendos. Boring and not entertaining.

Too bad he couldn't really make the effort and be witty and slick about it. That takes intellect. People complain about crappy service at the dealerships. This is the same kind of thing. Even forum humor gets sloppy. No skill out there anymore. No craftsmen around anymore. Too bad.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:23 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
At least the Troll admitted to being a by-definition: Troll.

However, post-Ruskie "600" needs to understand that the whole point of conveying humility, is to actually do that. Being so uptight in defending your literally childish and juvenile actions, and trying to intellectualize it, is laughable, and ruins the "charm" of providing a relatively entertaining read (hey, I read all the Threads, lol), then outing yourself. At the same time, I found some holes in the character. Not perfect, but I got the gist. It could have turned out to be pretty epic though, in the right hands.

Last edited by K-A; 12-23-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:57 PM

Mercedes-Benz S600
Originally Posted by 220S
fwiw, I called the dude's game out way back on post #34. https://mbworld.org/forums/4424302-post43.html Then I came across him trying hard to be witty on other boards in my next post: https://mbworld.org/forums/4424708-post50.html

The problem is that his game wasn't good enough to be taken seriously in the first place. That was his downfall. Humor is tricky and it takes the right stuff to be good at it. There are some people on other forums who can do it really well. This guy is a fail with a big F.

Then he got obnoxious and lame with his ethnic and racial innuendos. Boring and not entertaining.

Too bad he couldn't really make the effort and be witty and slick about it. That takes intellect. People complain about crappy service at the dealerships. This is the same kind of thing. Even forum humor gets sloppy. No skill out there anymore. No craftsmen around anymore. Too bad.
I'm going to take a different approach in answering you this time...

You do realize that it managed to get by some, if not most, or those who read it. Not including PMs, it was responded to by members who bought it. This doesn't say any more or less about ANYONE. However, most of your criticisms came after I gave myself up. That's a little like "I knew it all along" and so, with that being said, I can't really accept your assessment
regarding the caliber of my performance (especially since there are several inaccuracies above).

Now...I don't know if I can get you to grasp this next concept, but I'll take a quick shot. If I didn't make it outlandish, there'd be no point to it. If I didn't inject "racial and ethnic innuendos", it would just come across as an opinion and not the ramblings of an arrogant screwball.

Now, I know you're going to say it wasn't funny and all that predictable crap or whatever. Once again, look at the views (and responses) it generated. It definitely put a$$es in the seats. The responses were abundant BECAUSE my comments were so ridiculous.

I hate to sound repetitious, but I'm trying to drive a simple point home here. If you didn't find it funny, that's your OPINION.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:13 AM

Mercedes-Benz S600
Originally Posted by K-A
At least the Troll admitted to being a by-definition: Troll.

However, post-Ruskie "600" needs to understand that the whole point of conveying humility, is to actually do that. Being so uptight in defending your literally childish and juvenile actions, and trying to intellectualize it, is laughable, and ruins the "charm" of providing a relatively entertaining read (hey, I read all the Threads, lol), then outing yourself. At the same time, I found some holes in the character. Not perfect, but I got the gist. It could have turned out to be pretty epic though, in the right hands.
I did tone it down a bit this time around. Last year's posts were borderline epic I'd say. I loled more than once rereading them but I didn't want to be too transparent this time around.

I don't know if I'd say my defenses were a result of being uptight about it as they were natural reactions to being hit with erroneous commentary. For example, someone claimed that I meant to cause harm...oh c'mon, wanna gimme a break? lol

I'm sure plenty can reason that if I intended to personally insult anyone, I wouldn't have stated that all insults were in fun (after VOLUNTARILY outting myself).

Anyway, Happy Holidays gents!
Old 12-24-2010, 12:58 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Actually, if I remember correctly, the "first round" of posts were pretty hilarious. I think I got involved in the banter during those, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm going to take a different approach in answering you this time...

You do realize that it managed to get by some, if not most, or those who read it. Not including PMs, it was responded to by members who bought it. This doesn't say any more or less about ANYONE. However, most of your criticisms came after I gave myself up. That's a little like "I knew it all along" and so, with that being said, I can't really accept your assessment
regarding the caliber of my performance (especially since there are several inaccuracies above).
Sorry Sparky, but I outed you before you outed yourself (see post #34 on this thread) and criticized you only after you decided to be ever so 'humble' and proclaim: "Gee, sorry, I didn't really mean it (and as K-A reminded you, you failed there, too.)

Your 'performance' was weak sauce. Sorry. Go back for more schooling. Again, it takes true skill to excel at parody. And subtlety is an art form. Although I suppose a car forum is a reasonable place to practice with training wheels on. Plus there are no real world repercussions if it goes awry.

Anyway, it's holiday time now and there's no more space in the calendar to play with Zippy anymore. Cheers to everyone and have a safe weekend.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:28 AM

Mercedes-Benz S600
Sorry Sparky, but I outed you before you outed yourself (see post #34 on this thread) and criticized you only after you decided to be ever so 'humble' and proclaim: "Gee, sorry, I didn't really mean it (and as K-A reminded you, you failed there, too.)

Your 'performance' was weak sauce. Sorry. Go back for more schooling. Again, it takes true skill to excel at parody. And subtlety is an art form. Although I suppose a car forum is a reasonable place to practice with training wheels on. Plus there are no real world repercussions if it goes awry.

Anyway, it's holiday time now and there's no more space in the calendar to play with Zippy anymore. Cheers to everyone and have a safe weekend.

Well, I didn't come in until post #37 but okay...you were the only one at the time who picked up on anything (and that's exactly my point). Not to mention that a brief search would allow anyone to view my previous posts on the forum. Lol, AND you make it sound like I was begging for forgiveness, which was anything but the case. I addressed K-A's assessment in one of my last few posts.

My performance was weak, yet less than a handful saw through it (hmmmmm...lol). I addressed the fact that I wasn't really going for subtlety in my last post to you. Although you ARE getting warmer here -> "Although I suppose a car forum is a reasonable place to practice with training wheels on. Plus there are no real world repercussions if it goes awry.", I wouldn't exactly call it practice.

And yes, enjoy your holiday and try not to let something as trivial as forum posts raise your BP.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well, I didn't come in until post #37 but okay...you were the only one at the time who picked up on anything (and that's exactly my point). Not to mention that a brief search would allow anyone to view my previous posts on the forum. Lol, AND you make it sound like I was begging for forgiveness, which was anything but the case. I addressed K-A's assessment in one of my last few posts.

My performance was weak, yet less than a handful saw through it (hmmmmm...lol). I addressed the fact that I wasn't really going for subtlety in my last post to you. Although you ARE getting warmer here -> "Although I suppose a car forum is a reasonable place to practice with training wheels on. Plus there are no real world repercussions if it goes awry.", I wouldn't exactly call it practice.

And yes, enjoy your holiday and try not to let something as trivial as forum posts raise your BP.
Sparky, that was a dyslexic typo on my part: I came in on #43 https://mbworld.org/forums/4424302-post43.html(not #34) in response to you coming in on #37 and tossing sand into the OP's thread.

And yeah, people pay money to watch bad Hollywood films, too. Doesn't mean the films have any merit or craft. There's bad food, bad wine, bad stand up comics.... and it still sells. Anyway, I think you get the drift. Because somebody doesn't recognize crap doesn't mean it's not crap.

Anyway, have a good holiday and drive safely. And be sure to practice your shtick on your friends and neighbors before you try out again for the circus.

Cheers.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:28 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
I was flagged and PM'ed for my reply, apparently it was too bitter?

lol
oh, and my comment was removed I think, ..........(?)
and yes, Happy Holidays
Old 12-24-2010, 08:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
Anyone know of a good Mercedes forum? This is becoming as stale as the fruit cake from last Christmas.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:31 PM

Mercedes-Benz S600
Sparky, that was a dyslexic typo on my part: I came in on #43 https://mbworld.org/forums/4424302-post43.html(not #34) in response to you coming in on #37 and tossing sand into the OP's thread.

And yeah, people pay money to watch bad Hollywood films, too. Doesn't mean the films have any merit or craft. There's bad food, bad wine, bad stand up comics.... and it still sells. Anyway, I think you get the drift. Because somebody doesn't recognize crap doesn't mean it's not crap.

Anyway, have a good holiday and drive safely. And be sure to practice your shtick on your friends and neighbors before you try out again for the circus.

Cheers.

As far as hijacking the original thread, I do apologize sincerely to the original poster. I didn't think it would become this lengthy. Kind of good for a bad Hollywood production with no advertising though.

Do you routinely tune into those bad Hollywood films again and again and again and again and again and again? Lol
Old 12-24-2010, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Do you routinely tune into those bad Hollywood films again and again and again and again and again and again? Lol
Um, of course I'll watch bad Hollywood films. Sometimes more than once. And yep, just like this one. Normally I won't pay for them and instead wait until they come to a forum near me. So here I am. But I know the difference between a good and a bad production. And you're a bad production. But as I said, some folks may not recognize that. And so bad things and good things coexist and they both sell. Hey, what can one say? Critical thinking isn't practiced much these days.

I realize you're not exactly Mensa material but I'm going to assume you have some grasp on basic comprehension. Or maybe not. Whatever.

Anyhoo, it's Xmas Eve and we're all sitting around drinking eggnog with lots of rum. Yes, that's a bad production, but at least we're getting drunk.

Time to sign off. This is becoming one of those "who gets the last line in" sort of thing. So I'll give it to you Sparky, it's all yours. Have a great weekend. And I hope the new year is good for you.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:59 PM

Mercedes-Benz S600
Um, of course I'll watch bad Hollywood films. Sometimes more than once. And yep, just like this one. Normally I won't pay for them and instead wait until they come to a forum near me. So here I am.

Lol. Time isn't money I guess.

But I know the difference between a good and a bad production. And you're a bad production.

Excellent editorial. I'm glad you strayed from trying to use facts.

But as I said, some folks may not recognize that. And so bad things and good things coexist and they both sell. Hey, what can one say? Critical thinking isn't practiced much these days.

And you know what's funny? I thought I was the one that came off as arrogant.

I realize you're not exactly Mensa material but I'm going to assume you have some grasp on basic comprehension. Or maybe not. Whatever.

And you realize that how? None of your arguments have proven valid thus far. If I wrongfully told you my IQ rivaled Marilyn Vos Savant's or that of William Sidis, would you believe me? I didn't think so. Since we can't ascertain who's IQ is higher here, I'd recommend leaving it as part of your editorial. I don't mind telling you, however, that you have a tendency to curiously abandon your arguments when they don't stand up to evidence. It's a good strategy (don't get me wrong) but you didn't do enough homework to get away with a few of your silly assertions.

Anyhoo, it's Xmas Eve and we're all sitting around drinking eggnog with lots of rum. Yes, that's a bad production, but at least we're getting drunk.

I didn't criticize how you spend Christmas Eve. Insecurities are best not worn on thy sleeve.

Time to sign off. This is becoming one of those "who gets the last line in" sort of thing. So I'll give it to you Sparky, it's all yours. Have a great weekend. And I hope the new year is good for you.
Warm wishes to you as well...
Old 12-30-2010, 03:18 AM

2011 W212 E550
Warm wishes to you as well...
The banter in the post-game analysis of Only's faux Ali-G is pretty entertaining in and of itself. Let's not stick a fork in this yet; I challenge willing (and rain-soaked holiday homebound) readers to analyze this topic and prove themselves half again as smart as each previous post with their reflective analysis, until someone finally demonstrates supewiow intewwect.

Happy almost New Year's Eve everyone!