Just Picked up 2011 e350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
488 GTB
Just Picked up 2011 e350

Hi Guys,

I just picked up a 2011 E350W4 about a month ago. I have been on the forum for years, had probably fifteen Mercedes, mostly AMG's but my last car was a 2007 e550. I was nervous about giving up the power to go to the e350 but I am very happy. I will snap some pics soon as as the weather clears up. I am very happy with the car to say the least. My Car has the following options.

Artic White
Natural Beige Leather
Black ash wood trim
Premium 2
Panoramic Roof
RO8 AMG wheel package
Factory rear window spoiler and rear decklid spoiler
Factory rear seat entertainment

I do miss the power of the 550, but the creature comforts and technology are awesome. If i did it over I prob would have ordered the drivers assistance instead of the factory rear seat but I am still happy. Bluetooth Audio is great will be better once I get Iphone. Love the IPOD fully integrated. The one thing I think has changed is I think the previous Harmon Kardon in my 550 sounded better but maybe its me. Pics to come soon.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:37 PM

'13 MB GL350 BLUETEC, '10 MB E63 AMG, '95 MB S600, '84 MB 380 SEL
Originally Posted by Duane
Hi Guys,

I just picked up a 2011 E350W4 about a month ago. I have been on the forum for years, had probably fifteen Mercedes, mostly AMG's but my last car was a 2007 e550. I was nervous about giving up the power to go to the e350 but I am very happy. I will snap some pics soon as as the weather clears up. I am very happy with the car to say the least. My Car has the following options.

Artic White
Natural Beige Leather
Black ash wood trim
Premium 2
Panoramic Roof
RO8 AMG wheel package

I do miss the power of the 550, but the creature comforts and technology are awesome. If i did it over I prob would have ordered the drivers assistance instead of the factory rear seat but I am still happy. Bluetooth Audio is great will be better once I get Iphone. Love the IPOD fully integrated. The one thing I think has changed is I think the previous Harmon Kardon in my 550 sounded better but maybe its me. Pics to come soon.
Congratulations! Nicely equipped E, nice color choice. I have gone through the same worries when trading my 08 GL550 for a 11 GL350 BLUETEC. The power you will initially miss, but get used to. You didn't consider moving into a E350 BLUETEC?
Old 02-11-2011, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
I can’t wait to see the pics. Is your rear window spoiler body color or black?
I also wanted to buy the 350 but I just couldn’t do it. I don’t need the power any more as I don’t drive like the dumb 20+yo that I was a few years ago. Question is how bad do you miss the 550? If you could do it over again would you?
My biggest fear is buyer’s remorse, I wouldnt want to buy a V6 and then severely miss the V8.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c class amg 1994,mercedes E350 4d w212 2011,audi R8 2009,lamborghini gallardo superleggera LP570
i think rear window spoiler on Artic White must stay black spc if u have a Panoramic Roof ....i was thinking of this thing,, in the end i found if its stay black the car will be more sporty look thats only for Panoramic Roof and Artic White ...
Old 02-11-2011, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w212 E350
Originally Posted by mazin
i think rear window spoiler on Artic White must stay black spc if u have a Panoramic Roof ....i was thinking of this thing,, in the end i found if its stay black the car will be more sporty look thats only for Panoramic Roof and Artic White ...
I have pretty much the same car the OP has except its a 2010 and burl walnut with a few other extras.Mine has the white window spoiler and I think that the black window spoiler disappears as it blends in with the roof and the rear window thereby defeating the purpose of having it.I was kind of iffy when I first got it but now I have grown to love it as it accentuates the squareness of the rear. Its funny now when i see a white 212 with pano roof with no window spoiler,it looks like theres something missing.Of course this is all my opinion .Also I do not think you can get a white /pano from the factory with black spoiler,you would have to order one of those huge after market ones.Congrats Duane! You have great taste
Old 02-11-2011, 04:17 PM

488 GTB
Originally Posted by Joyride
Congratulations! Nicely equipped E, nice color choice. I have gone through the same worries when trading my 08 GL550 for a 11 GL350 BLUETEC. The power you will initially miss, but get used to. You didn't consider moving into a E350 BLUETEC?
Blutec is nice but I need AWD.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:21 PM

488 GTB
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
I can’t wait to see the pics. Is your rear window spoiler body color or black?
I also wanted to buy the 350 but I just couldn’t do it. I don’t need the power any more as I don’t drive like the dumb 20+yo that I was a few years ago. Question is how bad do you miss the 550? If you could do it over again would you?
My biggest fear is buyer’s remorse, I wouldnt want to buy a V6 and then severely miss the V8.
The rear spoiler is White, I miss the power but the car feels so much more substantial than the 211 chassis, bigger and refined plus the gadgets. There is no substitute for power, but I have owned a lot of exotics in the past and this car fits my needs very well for a daily driver right now.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:23 PM

488 GTB
Originally Posted by Benzinini
I have pretty much the same car the OP has except its a 2010 and burl walnut with a few other extras.Mine has the white window spoiler and I think that the black window spoiler disappears as it blends in with the roof and the rear window thereby defeating the purpose of having it.I was kind of iffy when I first got it but now I have grown to love it as it accentuates the squareness of the rear. Its funny now when i see a white 212 with pano roof with no window spoiler,it looks like theres something missing.Of course this is all my opinion .Also I do not think you can get a white /pano from the factory with black spoiler,you would have to order one of those huge after market ones.Congrats Duane! You have great taste
You could also wait for th 2012 which will have 320HP.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'14 ML350 GONE-'12 GL450/'10 E550/'10 ML350/'09 C300/'07 ML350/'03 E320
The W212 is a great car, much better than the W211. The E550 is a great car with awesome power but since you have other hi-performance cars, I would also get the E350 for a daily driver.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
Originally Posted by Duane
Hi Guys,

Artic White
Natural Beige Leather
Black ash wood trim
Premium 2
Panoramic Roof
RO8 AMG wheel package

Congrats!!! I bought an e350 in late November only to trade it back in for the e550 three weeks later. I never felt that the engine in the e350 was lacking in any way. I thought that the engine and tranny worked great together with plenty of torque. That said, I concluded that the price difference between the e350 and e550 was small enough considering that you got leather seats, the airmatic suspension and the v8. I started a thread called "airmatic you like" a few weeks ago and we went off on a tangent about the quality or lack there of of the stereo. My feeling is that it is just ok, lacking in bass response, although it will sound better with a little break-in. A furious debate broke out between two forum members who had polar opposite opinions on the quality of the stereo. I fell somewhere in the middle. And I'm an audiophile!! The new "e" is a worthy Mercedes, great ride and solid, almost like a scaled down "S" class, luxurious more than overly sporty, but that is fine with me. Regards. Ned.