E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Where is the Storage space? Triangle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Estate in Mystic Red
Where is the Storage space? Triangle?

I drive a new E350 wagon with rear-facing children seats.

I find it difficult to accept that there is no storage for anything in the rear or the front. Where do I put my tire pressure gauge? Where do I put my high-visibilty vest? I am not being funny, but serious. Where do they think I should store these things? In European countries a high visibility vest is required by law.

The owner's manual does not fit in the glove box. With no storage in the rear, where am I supposed to put it??

Finally, Mercedes' used to come with a safety triangle. Mine does not have one - is it missing? While is it supposed to be kept?

This is the first car that has no storage space (except the doors - which should not be for junk, and the glovebox and centre console).
Old 05-07-2011, 12:21 AM

2011 E350 4Matic T-Modell
I was able to fit the owner's manuel in the glove box of my E350 4Matic Wagon.........
Old 05-07-2011, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by rovermark
I drive a new E350 wagon with rear-facing children seats.

I find it difficult to accept that there is no storage for anything in the rear or the front. Where do I put my tire pressure gauge? Where do I put my high-visibilty vest? I am not being funny, but serious. Where do they think I should store these things? In European countries a high visibility vest is required by law.

The owner's manual does not fit in the glove box. With no storage in the rear, where am I supposed to put it??

Finally, Mercedes' used to come with a safety triangle. Mine does not have one - is it missing? While is it supposed to be kept?

This is the first car that has no storage space (except the doors - which should not be for junk, and the glovebox and centre console).
What F-ing car are you driving?!? My manual fits in the Glove, Center console, seat compartment, front and rear door pocket. Are you trying to tell me that the E350 Wagon has none of these just because its a Wagon?
Tire Pressure gauge??? There is a slot specifically for this in the center console. There is no way that the wagon is that much different from the sedan?!?
Old 05-07-2011, 06:39 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Lol.

This car has so much storage, I don't know how someone could ask for more.

Also, what's a high visibility vest?

And lastly, what's the "Triangle" in question? Is it referring to the Emergency triangle shaped button?
Old 05-07-2011, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E-350W4
K-A, I believe the High Visibility Vest is a reflective vest worn when changing a tire or stopped on the shoulder of the road. Like the orange vest a road crew wears. The Emergency Triangle used to come in older MB's and it was mounted on the inside of the trunk lid. Set it up when car stopped to warn oncoming traffic. Not sure when that stopped, wasn't in my '03.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:39 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Ah, okay, I had a feeling that's what he was talking about (with the vest). That triangle was very thoughtful, obviously some cost-cutting by M-B.

As for where to put the vest.... How about in the Class leading volume-spaced trunk??!!

I mean damn, this car has so many little compartments, I don't see how anyone can have so much junk in the car where it wont fit.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:51 AM

2014 E-350W4
I agree, can't believe there is a complaint about storage space. There is so much room for junk and stuff, I don't have enough junk and stuff to fill all the storage spaces. The one thing I do miss from older MB's is the slide out sunglass tray on the dash. Hardly anybody used it for sunglasses because they didn't fit but, a lot of people used it to hold change, cell phone, or whatever.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
Complaints for the sake of complaining. It makes you wonder if people actually look at the cars they buy before they buy them.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by golfster
Complaints for the sake of complaining. It makes you wonder if people actually look at the cars they buy before they buy them.
Thanks for the always helpful comments golfster. I tend to ignore what you write when I see your name.

What is a "designated slot" in the centre-console for the tire-pressure gauge? Never heard of this before.

I don't know what documentation you have, but mine was put (crooked) in the passenger's door compartment when I got delivery. It does NOT fit into the glove compartment. It does NOT fit into the door compartment. I have to thin it out. And I like to store it out of view, not in the rear seat pockets.

Some have missed my point: there is no storage for those items you would like to keep in case of an emergency - that any auto club would recommend that people carry with them. Not all of us live in congested cities where these things are irrelevant. I happen to live in the beautiful countryside where traveling on B-roads is the norm. And in addition, being a European car, where some of these things are required by law, where does Mercedes expect us to keep them? It is supposed to be in one place and organized. In some countries, a rear warning triangle is required by law . I suppose we should just throw it in the back...

There is storage being a wagon, but I was hoping for compartment storage, rather than having to buy a box and just dump all that stuff in there.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
Wow, internet tough guy!
Old 05-07-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by golfster
Wow, internet tough guy!
All your posts so far are intended to be inflammatory. You're not going to succeed, so please post only if you have something constructive to say.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
What is a "designated slot" in the centre-console for the tire-pressure gauge? Never heard of this before.
The same spot for a pen... the roof of the center console. Why do you need a tire pressure gauge anyway?
There is storage being a wagon, but I was hoping for compartment storage, rather than having to buy a box and just dump all that stuff in there.
Maybe you could post a link to a wagon that has "compartment storage."

Anyway I dont know what the wagon in like but the sedan 3 storage areas in the trunk for "emergency" stuff. One on the right and left and under the floor. Maybe you give up such luxuries whe you opt for the wagon.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I believe that this member's car car didn't come with a map detailing all of his storage option including measurements. I wonder if this member's personal tire gauge is a pen type or one of those 4", 10cm for our north of the border member, diameter round ones or even one of those odd shape digital ones. Maybe it needs to read in "bar" instead of "psi" as well. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Last edited by amdeutsch; 05-08-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:34 PM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Thanks for the always helpful comments golfster. I tend to ignore what you write when I see your name.

I don't know what documentation you have, but mine was put (crooked) in the passenger's door compartment when I got delivery. It does NOT fit into the glove compartment. It does NOT fit into the door compartment. I have to thin it out. And I like to store it out of view, not in the rear seat pockets.

Some have missed my point: there is no storage for those items you would like to keep in case of an emergency - that any auto club would recommend that people carry with them. Not all of us live in congested cities where these things are irrelevant. I happen to live in the beautiful countryside where traveling on B-roads is the norm. And in addition, being a European car, where some of these things are required by law, where does Mercedes expect us to keep them? It is supposed to be in one place and organized. In some countries, a rear warning triangle is required by law . I suppose we should just throw it in the back...

Have you tried trowing the safety equipment / flares / jumper cables in the carpetment where the spare is located? Works for me sans the "Village People costume" vest.

Last edited by BPhillyBenz; 05-07-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 128 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Personally I don't know of a car that offers more in cabin storage than MB.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:26 AM

E350
Originally Posted by petee1997
Personally I don't know of a car that offers more in cabin storage than MB.
Hey, I poke fun at the E series all the time - but never at the storage space. My car (E350) has plenty of useful storage space.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:46 AM

C220, E350
Originally Posted by BenzE350
Hey, I poke fun at the E series all the time - but never at the storage space. My car (E350) has plenty of useful storage space.
my old c class has a little plastic garbage bin infront of the center storage

they should make a removable bin to replace the cup holders which i never use
Old 05-08-2011, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
Originally Posted by Firestopper0383
I agree, can't believe there is a complaint about storage space. There is so much room for junk and stuff, I don't have enough junk and stuff to fill all the storage spaces. The one thing I do miss from older MB's is the slide out sunglass tray on the dash. Hardly anybody used it for sunglasses because they didn't fit but, a lot of people used it to hold change, cell phone, or whatever.
On our W211's we kept our National Park pass as well as change for Illinois toll roads in that sunglass tray.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:12 PM

Black W212 E550
I've been trying to find a place for this vest for the last year!

Old 05-08-2011, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Originally Posted by fromthebeginnin
I've been trying to find a place for this vest for the last year!

I have that exact vest, and, I keep it in the passenger seat. Give it a try.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:10 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

How about the boots?! Where are we supposed to store those?
Old 05-08-2011, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
Rover, does your rear trunklid have any indentations in it where the triangle could go?

I had to cut the trunklid and install the brackets myself, but it worked fine.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:55 PM

Black W212 E550
Originally Posted by K-A

How about the boots?! Where are we supposed to store those?
Where ever she wants to!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
MB models in north America have not included warning triangles for as long as I can remember 20+ years. As for storage, have you used the under seat storage boxes? From my experience, the 212 is quite good for storage but everyone has different needs. I always place my OM bundle in the area near the spare tire or the side panels in the rear of the car as I rarely have to use this and much prefer having the space available for more commonly used items. Good Luck
Old 08-10-2021, 11:52 PM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Mercedes 2014 E350 Estate (S212)
Originally Posted by silberrosa
MB models in north America have not included warning triangles for as long as I can remember 20+ years. As for storage, have you used the under seat storage boxes? From my experience, the 212 is quite good for storage but everyone has different needs. I always place my OM bundle in the area near the spare tire or the side panels in the rear of the car as I rarely have to use this and much prefer having the space available for more commonly used items. Good Luck
to revive this:
i believe the bracket for the warning triangle is part number: A2048900114

warning triangle is part number: A1718900097

does anyone (from a country where this is standard) have a picture of where it mounts? The official part database does not seem to show a schematic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where is the Storage space? Triangle?