E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

19" Replica AMGs installed with the CORRECT offsets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB W212; NISSAN R35; BMW E60
19" Replica AMGs installed with the CORRECT offsets

I saw a couple of threads asking about the +35 AMG replicas being sold. I was a bit skeptical of the offset sizes as the OEM offsets are +52/+48. Typically for any wheel application you just don't want to get more than +10-12mm off the OEM offset - you start running into all sorts of problems with suspension geometry, bearing wear, tire rubbing, etc. etc. Some forum members are running the equivalent of +30 offsets - I don't think this is correct.

I picked up these wheels for a great deal here are the specs;

Front
245/35/19
19x8 +40

Rear
275/30/19
19x9 +42

These wheels fit flush with the fender and have good tire sizing and cost less than $2k including the $400 MB TPMS sensors (you can reuse your old ones if you want - I chose not to)

Pros: Great conservative look, not too flashy. Best bang for the buck wheels.

Cons: +11lbs on each wheel/tire which is a bit on the heavy side. A bit more road noise and ride harshness over the 18".

Got these wheels from my buddy in LA - you can PM me if you need an introduction. If you're going to buy elsewhere try to get the correct offsets! Cheers
Attached Thumbnails 19" Replica AMGs installed with the CORRECT offsets-amg_small.jpg   19" Replica AMGs installed with the CORRECT offsets-amg_small2.jpg   19" Replica AMGs installed with the CORRECT offsets-wheels.jpg   19" Replica AMGs installed with the CORRECT offsets-front.jpg   19" Replica AMGs installed with the CORRECT offsets-rear.jpg  

Last edited by ghh429; 09-14-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:14 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
They look great, clean, and OEM.

However, the last thing I'd wanna do is diminish ride and harshness and noise quality, and add more weight to the wheels. Just would make me feel like I'm wasting my money on a car like this, personally. Also, IMO the Sport with 18's already sacrifices more smoothness than an E-Class should (although is a pretty great balance, until the roads get super rough).
Old 09-14-2011, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E350 Sport
Love it. It seems difficult to find the correct offset for replicas these days. I wonder why.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Gsc

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 S550, 2014 Porsche Turbo S, 2013 Bentley GT Speed W12
Love it, wish I saw some 4matics with rims..

OP- I assume the car is not lowered.....please confirm..
Old 09-14-2011, 09:54 AM

Received 458 Likes on 202 Posts
2007 e350 sport. 2010 350 4matic sport. Worlds first W212 E63R self built.
Looks good. If you search graigslist n.y there's a place in jersey selling replica w212 e 63 wheels for 975 without tires and they look dope. I was thinking of getting them for the winter but the staggered and I have a 4 matic so im not sure if it will hurt the drivetrain
Old 09-14-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by K-A

However, the last thing I'd wanna do is diminish ride and harshness and noise quality, and add more weight to the wheels. Just would make me feel like I'm wasting my money on a car like this, personally. Also, IMO the Sport with 18's already sacrifices more smoothness than an E-Class should (although is a pretty great balance, until the roads get super rough).
Yah I hear you - I'm just a cheap *** I think going with some high quality tires can resolve the ride quality issue. As for ride harshness even though the E350 is my daily driver I just don't mind because it's pure butter compared to the GTR. The other option was to go with some lighter cast wheels that are also cheap, but I've had bad experience with low quality cast wheels and didn't want to risk it on a 4200lbs car.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:01 PM

Your not really harming ride quality with 19". They come with 18" wheels already a 19" up against an 18" isn't a big diff, that 1 inch extra is shared threw out the diameter. Now if you lower it, it will become slightly harsher but not by much
Old 09-14-2011, 04:39 PM

Actually the ride quality did get a bit worse with the 19" probably because a combination of the 3:
1. Lower profile (by 5mm)
2. Heavier wheel weight
3. Cheap aftermarket tires (not planning to track the E350 haha)

For your 4matic I actually have some experience with AWD cars - I've owned more than 10 in the last 10 years. Typically with most AWD cars there is a large allowance for resistance changes in AWD cars meaning various tire widths and wheels widths is totally fine. The real problem is with diameter changes due to the electronic center diff - stress on this component will blow it up (compared to a mechanical one which will just bind). Typically stress is due to total rotational diameter - as long as you keep this in line you are fine. For example the GTR runs a 285/35/20 and a 255/40/20 despite it being an AWD car and you can pretty much do whatever you want with the tires as long as the diameter ratios stay the same. For the GTR as long as you stay within 5-10% of the OEM rotation diameter size you're fine. The STI and EVOs had a much wider range, there were guys doing stupid things with their tire sizes without causing failures. So to play it safe I would just keep the rotational diameter ratio the same and you're good. One thing to keep in mind 275/30/19 and 255/30/19 DO NOT have the same diameters!

Edit: Just read what I wrote it makes no sense. Summary is

Keep the ratio of the wheel+tire diameters the same using a tire calculator and you will be fine to go as wide or as narrow as you want.

Last edited by ghh429; 09-14-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:45 PM

Really that's dope I knew there was some play but not much. The ones I saw are 19 by 8.5 and 19 by 9.5, That extra inch in the rear is what worries me
Old 09-14-2011, 06:30 PM

2010 E350 Sedan
Originally Posted by Cifdig
Really that's dope I knew there was some play but not much. The ones I saw are 19 by 8.5 and 19 by 9.5, That extra inch in the rear is what worries me
Does your '07 come with 8.5 front and 9.5 rear? By '10 came that way, and I upgraded to 20x9 in front and back. Was a little worried at first, but it turned out good..
Old 09-14-2011, 08:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4-Matic Sport
Originally Posted by K-A

Personally i think that wheels are the biggest update on a vehicle. I mean every E-class that i see on the road looks the same to me. I feel that i can never truly change or complete the overall "look" of my vehicle until I install new wheels.

Updating side markers and tinting, is pleasing to the eye, but will never make the vehicle truly differ from stock IMO.

But justifying your decision to not change your wheels, by constantly commenting about ride harshness and noise quality on various threads, makes you look just a bit full of yourself. From you KA, there is never a straight forward, "looks good" comment a thread, because there always has to be a contradiction after it....just saying.

But to the OP.....I think it looks great!

And i'm sure you knew what you were going to sacrifice when you installed them.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Gsc

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 S550, 2014 Porsche Turbo S, 2013 Bentley GT Speed W12
Originally Posted by alloutmk23
Personally i think that wheels are the biggest update on a vehicle. I mean every E-class that i see on the road looks the same to me. I feel that i can never truly change or complete the overall "look" of my vehicle until I install new wheels.

Updating side markers and tinting, is pleasing to the eye, but will never make the vehicle truly differ from stock IMO.

But justifying your decision to not change your wheels, by constantly commenting about ride harshness and noise quality on various threads, makes you look just a bit full of yourself. From you KA, there is never a straight forward, "looks good" comment a thread, because there always has to be a contradiction after it....just saying.

I would definetly agree, Wheels make a huge statement of uniqueness.

Regarding KA- He does has some great posts, but most IMHO lean towards some form of negativity or BS.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:52 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

I just never saw aftermarket wheels as that drastic an effect to a car, as it doesn't change the actual solid design of the car, like bumper/lights/tint, etc. mods do, so I actually guess I'm the opposite, but this only applies to cars with nice OEM wheels. Cars in need of wheels have much more drastic improvements. Which is one of the reasons that I think O/P made such a good choice on wheel style.

And I'd think you had a point on your last statement if you weren't oblivious to the fact that the O/P pointed out the negative impact to the cars ride with said wheels, and my comment on that. Not all aftermarket wheels will alter a cars ride negatively, but I guess as a car enthusiast it "pains" me to hear about someone screwing with such a well engineered and balanced ride for the sake of functionally-regressive wheels, not to mention I don't get the purpose of getting an E-Class if comfort isn't goal #1. It's not my car though, so all they are, are comments or observations. To each their own.

Last edited by K-A; 09-15-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:16 AM

Yea kA tried bashing my choice in wheels as well, although it's very diff from the norm I think they look great. I also looked at his post and ever single one of them he's basically putting down if they dont look stock. Lol Im a noob on this forum but not on others, so I know there's always guys like KA, not a big deal tho. just think he shouldn't contradict himself so many times, like ( your taking away from the value of this wonderfully crafted machine) but then puts cheap 3m vinyl on his roof to appear as a pano roof.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:21 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Dude, you have BENTLEY wheels on a Benz! Are you seriously surprised at someone making a talking point out of that? Only difference between me and 90% of this Board is that I spoke up.

That's what these Boards are for. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. My car got plenty of "nays" in my Threads on my car and I didn't get bent about it.

Again, respectful criticism or "jabs" vs disrespectful trolling. Big difference.

I know for a fact, due to the handfuls of people who's advice I gave to in choosing their very cars or equipment on said cars gives me more "positivity points" than any of the Newbs here coming at me for critiquing their cars looks.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:26 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Also, the cheap vinyl wrap on my roof is very well a rationale criticism. However, it's not relative to Bentley wheels (with "B" emblems to top it) on an E-Class. If I chopped the roof off of a Continental GT, put a "B" logo on it, cut the roof off of my E, and fabricated the Bentley roof on the Benz, then you can compare the general idea to your wheels mod.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 AM

Putting wheels from other cars hAs been done for years it's not new more does it mean they want that car the wheels came from. And what makes you think a bentley is a pos compared to a Benz. Either way those wheels are high quality wheels that are multipeace forged wheels valued at 9000, but that's not the point. If u never saw the B on them you prob wouldn't have even known. Im not upset at all dude please believe when I say it, I just think your cards should be pulled from time to time and I'm pulling it. And I also have cars that have been in mags over 6 times with over 15 awards from European shows that's alot more then someone on threads saying to you nice advise bro so my taste is pretty good As well
Old 09-15-2011, 09:56 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Fair enough. Just realize that you guys' taking this "personal" by bickering over my not bowing to certain wheels or the lacking functionality of them (when it's partly a subject of a Thread) has massively de-railed and ruined O/P's Thread.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:05 PM

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts
23'EQS AMG
Originally Posted by K-A
Fair enough. Just realize that you guys' taking this "personal" by bickering over my not bowing to certain wheels or the lacking functionality of them (when it's partly a subject of a Thread) has massively de-railed and ruined O/P's Thread.
You are entitle to your opinion and so is everyone else. Critics get critizes all the time. So no one takes it personal. It's all good read and all valid.

So here's my opinion. Rims on a car are like features on a woman's face. Some look good naturally while others look good with cosmetic surgery. And it works the other way around too. It's whatever you want.

Originally Posted by Cifdig
Putting wheels from other cars hAs been done for years it's not new more does it mean they want that car the wheels came from. And what makes you think a bentley is a pos compared to a Benz. Either way those wheels are high quality wheels that are multipeace forged wheels valued at 9000, but that's not the point. If u never saw the B on them you prob wouldn't have even known. Im not upset at all dude please believe when I say it, I just think your cards should be pulled from time to time and I'm pulling it. And I also have cars that have been in mags over 6 times with over 15 awards from European shows that's alot more then someone on threads saying to you nice advise bro so my taste is pretty good As well
Not to rob this thread, but do you have links? Beautifual cars are meant to be shown off.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:14 PM

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ds-spring.html
Old 09-21-2011, 04:17 PM

If you scroll down that link there's some better pix
Old 09-21-2011, 08:09 PM

2010 W212, 1985 C10
is it hot in here? or is it just me?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:43 PM

车子
looks very nice & clean, though with the white car maybe greyish wheels would offset it better but im sure the break dust will help with that. hehe

KA ur posts are informational, especially with the vehicle test drives and comparisons, i enjoyed reading those. But on these wheel pages i've been reading you're just starting to sound like a broken record. so i'm just gonna say this with all due respect, "WE GET IT!"
Old 09-22-2011, 06:56 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
wow gohan.......relax cat.......

with respect.........
Old 09-22-2011, 08:37 PM

车子
Originally Posted by hyperion667
wow gohan.......relax cat.......

with respect.........
I don't know why that came off unrelaxed to u, don't get the wrong idea. It's not a judgment more of an observation.