E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Looking for Hand-Car-Wash in Manhattan, Queens, Bronx area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:10 AM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Looking for Hand-Car-Wash in Manhattan, Queens, Bronx area

I am looking for a Hand Car Wash facility in the general New York City area or nearby Long Island. I do not want the machine or brushless mechanical type but am looking for the true Spray-and-Hand-Wash system where you put in a few quarters and wash your own car. I live in the Upper East Side and will not wash the car through those brushless drive through facilities and would like to hand wash it.

I have used the one in Yonkers and another accross the George Washington bridge in New Jersey for my old car but those are too far and inconvenient. I would prefer something in the general.

Thanks for any leads or tips.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 CLS450 4 Matic 2011 E550
There use to be a handwash car wash in Bellmore LI on sunrise hgwy near the train station. Down here in Florida I can just bring it to any MB dealer and they will wash it for free, it's one of the perks they give you. The car wash worked the same as a automatic but instead of brushes they had men in the tube using wool mitts washing the car. They were pretty good and did a decent job.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG edition 1
The best car wash I know on LI is the Personal Touch Hand carwash. Theyre in East Northport, on the North shore. Probably about 40 mins from the city w/o traffic....a little far, but by far the best car wash around.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:30 PM

Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Ok, thanks but Personal Touch in East Northport is way too far for a quick wash. My old one in Yonkers and the other in Nyack would be more practical. Keep it coming guys. Can't believe there is no spray and wash system in Long Island City or in Queens. I just have to find it.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:40 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2021 GLE53 AMG SUV
There is a 24 hr self-wash called Texas Car Wash in Island Park (Oceanside) which is a bit closer than East Northport. Address is: 15 Texas Ave, Island Park, NY 11558.

I've been there a few times. It's near Outback and across the street from Ruby Tuesday.

There's also a gas station on Queens Blvd that has a self-wash machine. The Mobil a few blocks from me has one but it's further from the city than Queens Blvd.

Last edited by mikephotos; 01-22-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Queens NY try Elliot ave and 69th st. on the corner.
Middle Village Hand Car Wash

• (718) 894-3000
6102 69th St, Middle Village, NY 11379
Old 01-23-2012, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by mikephotos
There is a 24 hr self-wash called Texas Car Wash in Island Park (Oceanside) which is a bit closer than East Northport. Address is: 15 Texas Ave, Island Park, NY 11558.

I've been there a few times. It's near Outback and across the street from Ruby Tuesday.

There's also a gas station on Queens Blvd that has a self-wash machine. The Mobil a few blocks from me has one but it's further from the city than Queens Blvd.
Thanks Mike,

The one in Queens Blvd and the Mobil one looks promising. What is the cross street on Queens Blvd? ... would also like to know the Mobil station that is close to where you live as well. I normally drive to Little Neck in Long Island every other weekend to bring my bike and ride with friends so I don't mind the washes 20 minutes away from the City. But I like to wash my own car so I can use my own clean towels and own soap.

Thanks guys.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 PM

2013 E-350 4matic
If your in Queens then try the one on Eliot Ave & 69st. Or the Bronx has one on Westchester Ave off Castle Hill Ave its called Gentle Touch hand car wash. These guys are good and they use air to blow out the excess water etc. Reasonably priced.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:05 AM

Subaru Legacy
Check out Birdie's in Rye. A revolutionary Steam Hand Car Wash! You'll never go anywhere else!