E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Installing multi-contour drivers seat?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing multi-contour drivers seat?

Hi, I have recently purchased a 2012 E350 with p2 and lane tracking package. I am wondering if it is possible to replace my normal drivers seat with a multi contour one? If so, around how much would it be? I have mb-tex right now.

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
it's definitely doable. i'm not sure how much but will cost you big bucks w/installation. don't even want to think about the quote from dealer.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lexus LS 400, 2008 BMW 528i, 2014 e250 BlueTec
I would not have one unless it was factory installed.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Raymond Lee
I would not have one unless it was factory installed.
Why? Will there be a difference?
Old 02-07-2012, 11:06 PM

Installing and rewiring will never come out like the way it was done at factory. That is my opinion. Plus it would cost lot more than you would have paid for as an option when purchased new.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:45 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,402 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Raymond Lee
Installing and rewiring will never come out like the way it was done at factory. That is my opinion. Plus it would cost lot more than you would have paid for as an option when purchased new.
+1
Old 02-08-2012, 12:51 PM

This site is very good place to get educated before you buy your car. I am here everyday learning different things from people who are willing share their thoughts.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:08 PM
MCF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Meh...I have the multi-contour seat and could live without it. Amusing at first but then most just end up turing it off. I guess the massage would be nice for long drives, which we rarely do and when we do I never remember to turn the massage on.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Originally Posted by Alan Yeung
Hi, I have recently purchased a 2012 E350 with p2 and lane tracking package. I am wondering if it is possible to replace my normal drivers seat with a multi contour one? If so, around how much would it be? I have mb-tex right now.

Thanks!
OF COURSE IT IS POSSIBLE! Heck, you just need to go to the parts manager of your dealership and go through the conversation:

"I would like to order TWO left and right side multicontour seats for my E350, please"
D: "What?"

"Yes, I would like to order TWO left and right side multicontour seats for my E350..... please"
D: "That would have to be special ordered."

"That is ok, I would like to order TWO left and right side multicontour seats for my E350... please"
D: "It will cost you $(thousands, thousands..."

"That is ok, I would like to order TWO left and right side multicontour seats for my E350, please"
D:"You should have ordered it as an option when you bought your car. That would have been cheaper."

"I know but I wasn't thinking right, so I would like to order TWO left and right side multicontour seats for my E350, please"
D: "What will you do with your old seats? Sell it in ebay for $250?

"Don't know, maybe make it a couch at home, its heated anyways."
D: "You know, those things only come in leather right? So your back seats will be MB Tex and your front seats will be leather with a different color from your back seats."

"Really, I didn't know that. But that's ok, I would still like to order them.... please."
D: "OK, give me your Vin number and be back in three weeks and make sure you increase the limit on your credit card. Installation, if done by us will be four hours, which will be about $500."

Simple.
Of course it could be done.

Last edited by Paxfobiscum; 02-08-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:42 AM

2012 E350
If you were to try and order the parts from a dealership, you would have to get everything seperate. You can not order an entire seat from MB. So you would probably end up with about 30-40 parts that would need to be assembled first, which would be an extremely difficult task. So the best bet would be to somehow find a wrecked car that had a functioning multi contour seat and install that, but then you run into the problem of the pneumatic pump for the bladders in the seat, which i beleive is located in the trunk somewhere. And that would have to be wired up as well as an air line run from there all the way under the carpeting to the lf seat. So in conclusion i would not recommend trying this, just wait until you get your next car and have it factory installed.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 618 Likes on 465 Posts
W212 FL
Originally Posted by Paxfobiscum
OF COURSE IT IS POSSIBLE! Heck, you just need to go to the parts manager of your dealership and go through the conversation:

"I would like to order TWO left and right side multicontour seats for my E350, please"
D: "What?"

"Yes, I would like to order TWO left and right side multicontour seats for my E350..... please"
D: "That would have to be special ordered."

"That is ok, I would like to order TWO left and right side multicontour seats for my E350... please"
D: "It will cost you $(thousands, thousands..."

"That is ok, I would like to order TWO left and right side multicontour seats for my E350, please"
D:"You should have ordered it as an option when you bought your car. That would have been cheaper."

"I know but I wasn't thinking right, so I would like to order TWO left and right side multicontour seats for my E350, please"
D: "What will you do with your old seats? Sell it in ebay for $250?

"Don't know, maybe make it a couch at home, its heated anyways."
D: "You know, those things only come in leather right? So your back seats will be MB Tex and your front seats will be leather with a different color from your back seats."

"Really, I didn't know that. But that's ok, I would still like to order them.... please."
D: "OK, give me your Vin number and be back in three weeks and make sure you increase the limit on your credit card. Installation, if done by us will be four hours, which will be about $500."

Simple.
Of course it could be done.

Yup, I seem to hear similar conversations . I didn't order these multi contour seats either .