E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Introducing Prior Design's E Class W212 Kit!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
N/A
Introducing Prior Design's E Class W212 Kit!

Hey guys,

We have been on the search for a high quality Mercedes-Benz body kit provider for months, even nearly a year. We were looking for a high quality product with unique designs, great factory backing and of the utmost quality. We are proud to announce our partnership with Prior Design to offer these products to the MBworld community.

About Prior Design

PRIOR-DESIGN is born from the idea of combining a sporty and aggressive design with elegance. Our experienced design team set itself a goal of creating parts that exhibit individuality and harmony of design. After countless hours of development and refinement, every product is designed so that the existing aesthetics and features of the vehicles are perfectly integrated into the new kits, to make a statement of unique passion and individuality. The results are timeless masterpieces that combine European style, individuality and quality with modern technology.

To meet the world's most rigorous testing, all Prior Design products are built to the highest standards and exceed all German TÜV testing requirement. A multitude of hours and complex tests are needed to ensure that the FRP(Fiber reinforced plastic) is at its maximum performance and durability and that it is of the highest quality, perfect fit and technical excellence.
  • TUV approved
  • Made from DuraFlex FRP (Fiber reinforced plastic)
  • Made in Germany
  • Great fitment
Duraflex FRP material is characterized by an excellent surface finish that provides sufficient flexibility combined with high stability and allows for easy and inexpensive painting.

The kit can be purchased in parts separately.
  • Prior-Design front bumper (fits all E-Klasse Limousine w212 models)
  • Prior-Design side skirts (2X) (fits all E-Klasse Limousine w212 models)
  • Prior-Design rear bumper (fits all E-Klasse Limousine w212 models)
  • Mounting material
Pricing:
PM us - these kits are very well priced!

Pictures:

Old 02-23-2012, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
looks sexy! the stickers ain't my cup of tea, though.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 489 Posts
W212 FL
Hey, were you a site sponsor ? That's cool
I posted a thread about your products as well . You produce wicked custom kits surely
Old 02-23-2012, 07:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E350 Sport
Sweet!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:00 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,421 Likes on 2,859 Posts
2012 CLS63
meh.,......
Old 02-23-2012, 08:23 AM

2011 E350 4-Matic Sport
I like the front bumper. Not a fan of the rest.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 376 Likes on 327 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
Very nice kit.

However, I see only a marginal visual "improvements" over the standard sport's look and IMO not worth ($$$) to a great majority of sport buyers.

But I do see a need for a luxury model owners to "upgrade" (I would in a heart beat), however I believe that those buying luxury models (IMO very boring looking vehicle) will not.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:43 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Nice front end, but not into the other parts. I still like the OEM Sport bumper the best, but this would be a good option for someone who needs to change their front bumper due to damage or something, and wanted something subtly different, yet not as cheesy as, say, the Brabus, etc. kits. Only thing I really don't like about the front end is how close the side vent is to the outside air dams, too cluttered, IMO. The big question is, does it fit as flawlessly as OEM, and is it made of as high a quality material?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

N/A
Thanks for the comments guys. Prior Design really designed this kit as an evolution rather than a revolution for the W212.

K-A

The kit is made from DuraFlex, a highly flexible and strong material that does not crack like fiberglass. The kit is TUV approved, in order to achieve this the kit must be OE like quality in fitment and material.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:22 PM

2011 E550
Front bumper has a good clean sporty look. Looks really good. Kind of like my old 08' E350 Sport front bumper. Has that sharp V look.
And the rear exhaust tips is no good for me.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:36 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Originally Posted by K-A
Nice front end, but not into the other parts. I still like the OEM Sport bumper the best, but this would be a good option for someone who needs to change their front bumper due to damage or something, and wanted something subtly different, yet not as cheesy as, say, the Brabus, etc. kits. Only thing I really don't like about the front end is how close the side vent is to the outside air dams, too cluttered, IMO. The big question is, does it fit as flawlessly as OEM, and is it made of as high a quality material?
From the pictures, it looks like fitment is iffy. Look at the panel gaps where the side of the rear bumper meets the fender, the front bumper and the fender and (worst of all) the way the bumper fits around the passenger side inner light. Hell, they can't get even both sides even.

Finally, they don't seem to care enough about advertising to get the front bumper color to match the car and I'm not sure how that pointy bumper lip passes EU pedestrian safety laws.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

N/A
That kit has perfect fitment, your comments regarding inner lights fitment is actually how it was designed and very similar to the OE bumper.

That kit is for export only and does not have TUV certification.

There is also such a thing has lighting conditions. Good thing you used the picture where it was the most obvious.

Anything else?...
Old 02-23-2012, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 489 Posts
W212 FL
I have a question about rear bumper surrounding taillights . As you can see I marked them with blue color . So, my question is if it is possible to get these areas protruded a few centimeters off the tail lights .
I mean let's say W140 S Class's rear bumper , it was protruding all the way accros the rear end of the car

Trunk lining is already getting off the body in W212 but I don't know why designers didn't use same parameters for the rest of the rear end
Attached Thumbnails Introducing Prior Design's E Class W212 Kit!-6600455877_205b4a72ba_b.jpg  
Old 02-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

N/A
Great observation, unfortunately that would require a completely new mold and redesign. I'm afraid it would not be possible.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Beautiful kit!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CampioniShop
Thanks for the comments guys. Prior Design really designed this kit as an evolution rather than a revolution for the W212.

K-A

The kit is made from DuraFlex, a highly flexible and strong material that does not crack like fiberglass. The kit is TUV approved, in order to achieve this the kit must be OE like quality in fitment and material.
That kit has perfect fitment, your comments regarding inner lights fitment is actually how it was designed and very similar to the OE bumper.

That kit is for export only and does not have TUV certification.

There is also such a thing has lighting conditions. Good thing you used the picture where it was the most obvious.

Anything else?...
Either it is TUEV approved or it isn't. Which is it?

Are you saying that the poor fit around the inner lamps is intentional or are you saying it is an optical illusion?

Why are you so defensive? Are you annoyed that people will point out flaws. From what understand, prior seems to have a reputation for iffy customer service in addition to fitment problems. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=Prior+design

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=Prior+design

Last edited by CEB; 02-23-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

N/A
Most of Prior Design's kit are TUV approved. These kits are also made in a TUV certified factory in Germany. Factory certification and specific part approval are 2 different things. This specific kit was designed for the export market, mainly the US which wanted a more aggressive looking kit, as you said these would not pass the pedestrian laws for TUV approval.

Poor fit is your opinion on the kit, this is how it was designed. Paint work has nothing to do with Prior Design and everything to do with the paint shop this was outsourced to.

Your customer service example is with Prior Design directly. Purchasing this kit from us is a completely different experience. There is also an obvious language barrier in the link you posted, both parties are to blame quite clearly. The issue is also surrounding the exhaust which is outsourced by another company.

Originally Posted by CEB
Either it is TUEV approved or it isn't. Which is it?

Are you saying that the poor fit around the inner lamps is intentional or are you saying it is an optical illusion?

Why are you so defensive? Are you annoyed that people will point out flaws. From what understand, prior seems to have a reputation for iffy customer service in addition to fitment problems. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=Prior+design

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=Prior+design
Old 02-24-2012, 07:12 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Most of Prior Design's kit are TUV approved. These kits are also made in a TUV certified factory in Germany. Factory certification and specific part approval are 2 different things. This specific kit was designed for the export market, mainly the US which wanted a more aggressive looking kit, as you said these would not pass the pedestrian laws for TUV approval.

Poor fit is your opinion on the kit, this is how it was designed. Paint work has nothing to do with Prior Design and everything to do with the paint shop this was outsourced to.

Your customer service example is with Prior Design directly. Purchasing this kit from us is a completely different experience. There is also an obvious language barrier in the link you posted, both parties are to blame quite clearly. The issue is also surrounding the exhaust which is outsourced by another company.
While you are correct that the paintwork is due to the bodyshop doing the work, if I were a manufacturer or distributor I'd make sure that the pictures I use are perfect. As far as actual fitment is concerned, could you please explain to the group why the gap around the inner passenger side inner light is uneven and has huge gaps, while the gaps on the driver's side are merely uneven? There must be a reason for that if it was an intentional design feature.

As far as the customer service and fitment issues from the links, the initial complaint centered around the poor fitment quality of the bodykit - the exhaust was a separate issue.

I just went out to look at my car and my car doesn't have those ugly gaps around the inner lights. Should I take it back to the dealer to have it fixed?
Old 02-24-2012, 08:00 AM

2011 E350 4-Matic Sport
The paint and fitment looks fine dude. Its an aftermarket kit..what do you expect.

Don't be one of "those guys".
Old 02-24-2012, 02:00 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by alloutmk23
The paint and fitment looks fine dude. Its an aftermarket kit..what do you expect.

Don't be one of "those guys".
At the prices they are charging it should be better than OE - at a minimum at least as good.

Most aftermarket is crap because of that "it is aftermarket so you can't expect it to look good" mentality. I don't know about you, but I expect any aftermarket piece that I hang on my car to meet the same fit and finish standards as OE - otherwise I am cheapening my car and those gaps are just unacceptable to me - as they should be to you.

In addition, if I were touting a new product then I'd make sure that the paint in the promo pictures matched. These aren't spare parts for a 1990 Civic, they are made to go on a high end luxury car.

Everybody needs to decide what standard is acceptable for them - I was merely pointing out the flaws as I saw them including the issues one BMW owner had with the parent company.