E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Galaxy S4 and BT audio streaming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350
Galaxy S4 and BT audio streaming

Hi, I upgraded my phone yesterday to Galaxy S4 from HTC incredible. I had no problems starting music and switching tracks and pausing from the wheel controllers. Now I can't turn on the music and do all that stuff. I have to turn on music on my phone and then go between tracks and pausing through my phone too. Does anyone have this problem? Thanks.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 430 Posts
W212 FL
Sorry, I can't provide you an exact answer but I must say when I used to have a Nokia I had to do that as well , not always but quite often
Since you have an Android and use Bluetooth Audio let me ask you a question. Can you see the track names in your Comand screen ? I have Sony Xperia S and I can't get these titles seeing in my Comand screen but just a Audio Streaming Available
Old 06-01-2013, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
The Galaxy is a Samsung,right? If so,I have a Samsung Android phone (Droid Charge) that I has trouble setting up properly until I found the "secret".I don't know if this "secret" applies to your phone however.But in case it does you might want to search my posts...look for the word "Samsung".It might take a while but it might be worth it.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:57 PM

e350
Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's Samsung. I will definitely find the post.

Originally Posted by listerone
The Galaxy is a Samsung,right? If so,I have a Samsung Android phone (Droid Charge) that I has trouble setting up properly until I found the "secret".I don't know if this "secret" applies to your phone however.But in case it does you might want to search my posts...look for the word "Samsung".It might take a while but it might be worth it.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:58 PM

e350
Nope, I can't see the tracks either
Originally Posted by BenzV12
Sorry, I can't provide you an exact answer but I must say when I used to have a Nokia I had to do that as well , not always but quite often
Since you have an Android and use Bluetooth Audio let me ask you a question. Can you see the track names in your Comand screen ? I have Sony Xperia S and I can't get these titles seeing in my Comand screen but just a Audio Streaming Available
Old 06-02-2013, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 430 Posts
W212 FL
Originally Posted by timurik
Nope, I can't see the tracks either
Thanks for your reply, it's an Android bug then
Old 06-03-2013, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Hello,OP...I have a few minutes so here's a summary of how I solved *my* problem.This may,or may not,solve yours.

First: I completely unpaired the phone both on the Comand system *and* the phone itself.

Next,I paired the phone to the car in the usual way.Before doing so I changed the "screen timeout" setting on the phone to 10 minutes (an important step).

Next,once having received the "pairing successful" message (can't recall the exact wording) I immediately looked at my phone and in the upper left portion of the screen I saw the little "bluetooth" icon...which is easy to miss if you don't look for it.Pulling down that section of the screen shows a warning from the phone that says something like "allow downloading of blah,blah,blah" (can't recall what it was).There's also a check box that says something like "always allow blah,blah".I checked that box and ever since that moment my phone calls,phone book and music streaming have been perfect whereas before this fix the whole thing was a nightmare.

I think this might be peculiar to Samsung Androids...but it might just be peculiar to my particular model.It might be worthwhile to give it a try.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:25 AM

e350
Thanks for the write-up, I will try that.

Originally Posted by listerone
Hello,OP...I have a few minutes so here's a summary of how I solved *my* problem.This may,or may not,solve yours.

First: I completely unpaired the phone both on the Comand system *and* the phone itself.

Next,I paired the phone to the car in the usual way.Before doing so I changed the "screen timeout" setting on the phone to 10 minutes (an important step).

Next,once having received the "pairing successful" message (can't recall the exact wording) I immediately looked at my phone and in the upper left portion of the screen I saw the little "bluetooth" icon...which is easy to miss if you don't look for it.Pulling down that section of the screen shows a warning from the phone that says something like "allow downloading of blah,blah,blah" (can't recall what it was).There's also a check box that says something like "always allow blah,blah".I checked that box and ever since that moment my phone calls,phone book and music streaming have been perfect whereas before this fix the whole thing was a nightmare.

I think this might be peculiar to Samsung Androids...but it might just be peculiar to my particular model.It might be worthwhile to give it a try.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts
2010 e550 p2
I have a s4 too... when i first connected it i was able to change tracks and etc... now the window with track numbers appears once in a while.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lexus LS 400, 2008 BMW 528i, 2014 e250 BlueTec
I just use iPod 7th generation for music needs in BT. I am not sure GS4 will work like the way it does with iPod. With the iPod, it works like the way it was designed for. You basically use all features you see in iTune.