E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Clear bra and tinting?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Technology probably better now, but in 2009 I looked at a two year old Lexus in immaculate condition. It had a clear bra on hood and I could spot the "joint" line 10 feet away. At first I thought someone had used a straight edge and a razor to cut a line across the hood.
Hopefully things are better now, but I would be concerned about how it ages.
BTW, the color under the bra and on rest of the hood looked identical, so it was not the bra itself discoloring.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 ML63 AMG / '11 E550W4 (previously)
Originally Posted by samkimg
Hi all

I'm awaiting delivery of my replacement 2014 E350 sport, due next month (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...y-finally.html) and I'm planning to tint it and get a clear bra for the front.

Any recommended shops and expected costs in NorCal?
Just had xpel ultimate done on bumper and leading edges of hood, fenders and mirrors. Looks great and far better than any I've seen done before. There is virtually no orange peel and the edges are hard to see. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:49 AM

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by CEB
There are lots of tint places that pawn off metallic tint as ceramic. Most HO "problems" turn out not to be HO at all.

A true ceramic tint cannot interfere with AM reception.
I'd sure like Huper to go on the record here with that. There's only one Huper dealer in my area, and he's a straight shooter with excellent reputation. I couldn't imagine him jeopardizing his business and a potential claims for making a few extra bucks by doing a bait and switch. But hey, you never know I guess.